Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power (7422 Views)

Osinbajo Unveils Dorian Home, Africa's Biggest Orphanage In Ondo (photos, Video) / What About Hundred Of Thousand Black Africa In China Prisons Without Trial? / Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by amaham(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2020
Biggest sea power with insecure waterways. I believe the Navy should secure the Calabar-oron-portharcourt waterways that have been overrun by pirates and militants before they pride themselves as the best
Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

Drunkard.

You actually expect us to believe that the world's No 1 reference site on military rankings, is basing their rankings on mere personnel size?

Are you insane?

Bangladesh military has 135,00 men, while Nigeria's has 100,000.

So how come Bangladesh is far below Nigeria in rankings?

Pls don't bother responding.

Multi-milliIon dollar research from reputable international experts places Nigeria as 42nd on earth in terms of military.

WHAT A NOBODY LIKE YOU THINKS IS IRRELEVANT.

Did I include countries like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Bolivia in the list I made. I called out countries with proper armies (Armies that will beat Nigeria any day any time) and the only way you could respond is to "best around the bush'", and say don't bother responding to me.

grin grin It is a hard fact to swallow but your country's military is not properly equipped to fight a modern day Army, battles in the present times isn't about the number of personnel.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:01am On Dec 13, 2020
ThEGodFaThEr101:

I knew you don't have sense ab initio, but the Chadian soldiers were able to drive Bokoharam terrorists away from their country without mass civilian causality.

Secondly, talking about the US being unable to defeat the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, Have you forgotten so easily that Bokoharam insurgents are occupying some local government in Nigeria and collecting Tax from the people there?

Mumu, didn't you see how the Navy Seals flew into Sambissa killed Bokoharam terrorists and rescued an American hostage in just days?

Mosquito brain, if the US are so great, why are they unable to dislodge the terrorIsts THEY have to deal with EVERYDAY in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq etc?

It is one thing flying in on a commando rescue mission and flying back out to applause.

Quite another when you have to deal with the insurgency daily.

As for your reference to Chad, Boko Haram have NOT been ''driven out of Chad'', as you falsely claimed.

Just last week, an attack there killed several Chadian troops:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/suspected-boko-haram-attack-kills-four-chadian-soldiers/ar-BB1blQbt

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 8:02am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

Drunkard.

You actually expect us to believe that the world's No 1 reference site on military rankings, is basing their rankings on mere personnel size?

Are you insane?

Bangladesh military has 135,00 men, while Nigeria's has 100,000.

So how come Bangladesh is far below Nigeria in rankings?

Pls don't bother responding.

Multi-milliIon dollar research from reputable international experts places Nigeria as 42nd on earth in terms of military.

WHAT A NOBODY LIKE YOU THINKS IS IRRELEVANT.

After making your unnecessary hullabaloo, go and look at the metrics used in determining the strength of that list you see.
You can choose to be a die-hard Patriot and nobody will give a damn about it. My only issue with it is argue smartly with real facts and not based on your emotions.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:02am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

Did I include countries like Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Bolivia in the list I made. I called out countries with proper armies (Armies that will beat Nigeria any day any time) and the only way you could respond is to "best around the bush'", and say don't bother responding to me.

grin grin It is a hard fact to swallow but your country's military is not properly equipped to fight a modern day Army, battles in the present times isn't about the number of personnel.

You are a neophyte with zero military knowledge or experience.

You are NOT in a position to challenge the findings and research of experts.

Your ignorant nonsense stops here in Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:04am On Dec 13, 2020
With zero aircraft carrier and submarine.
Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

After making your unnecessary hullabaloo, go and look at the metrics used in determining the strength of that list you see.
You can choose to be a die-hard Patriot and nobody will give a damn about it. My only issue with it is argue smartly with real facts and not based on your emotions.

You tell us the metrics. Is it just personnel size like you claimed?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 8:05am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

You are a NOBODY, with zero military knowledge or experience.

You are NOT in a position to challenge the findings and research of experts.

Your ignorant nonsense stops here in Nairaland.

I am currently a serving Air Force officer (not for your country's military), so again you are saying trash.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:06am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

I am currently a serving Air Force officer (not for your country's military), so again you are saying trash.

What country's military? Go on, tell us!

That still doesn't mean you know a damned thing about army, navy etc operations, to the point where you'll be challenging expert data on military rankings.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 8:06am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

You tell us the metrics. Is it just personnel size like you claimed?

The metrics used in determining the list is boldly stated there, so go back and read it later.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

What country's military? Go on, tell us!

grin grin don't stress yourself Old man, enough has been said already. I owe you no reason to tell you that, but bear in mind the country where my allegiance lies will REAP Nigeria apart.
Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:10am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

The metrics used in determining the list is boldly stated there, so go back and read it later.

it says:

2020 Military Strength Ranking

Global powers ranked by potential military strength.

The finalized Global Firepower ranking below utilizes over 50 individual factors to determine a given nation's PowerIndex ('PwrIndx') score with categories ranging from military might and financials to logistical capability and geography.

Our unique, in-house formula allows for smaller, more technologically-advanced, nations to compete with larger, lesser-developed ones and special modifiers, in the form of bonuses and penalties, are applied to further refine the annual list. Color arrows indicate year-over-year trend comparison (Rise, Neutral, Fall).

So, what's your problem? This is a very comprehensive set of criteria to rank the nations militarily.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

grin grin don't stress yourself Old man, enough has been said already. I owe you no reason to tell you that, but bear in mind the country where my allegiance lies will REAP Nigeria apart.

Actually the world is 'rip' not ''reap''.

So, you're not a Nigerian. Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be on your own country's forums?

Why are you scared to tell us what country you're from?

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

it says:

2020 Military Strength Ranking

Global powers ranked by potential military strength.

The finalized Global Firepower ranking below utilizes over 50 individual factors to determine a given nation's PowerIndex ('PwrIndx') score with categories ranging from military might and financials to logistical capability and geography.

Our unique, in-house formula allows for smaller, more technologically-advanced, nations to compete with larger, lesser-developed ones and special modifiers, in the form of bonuses and penalties, are applied to further refine the annual list. Color arrows indicate year-over-year trend comparison (Rise, Neutral, Fall).

So, what's your problem? This is a very comprehensive set of criteria to rank the nations militarily.

The bolded is the metrics, read it carefully and understand it.
Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:17am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

The bolded is the metrics, read it carefully and understand it.

It is YOU that seems confused by the stated metrics. If the metrics were inappropriate for the objective of the research, they would not be employed! They are used because they produce a more accurate reflection of military strength among the nations.

The very essence of research is to present an accurate picture of reality, not to distort or obfuscate it, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 8:19am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

Actually the world is 'rip' not ''reap''.

So, you're not a Nigerian. Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be on your own country's forums?

Why are you scared to tell us what country you're from?

Thank you for the correction. I am Nigerian by birth, so I have every right to speak about the country and what goes on here is my business. I grew in Nigeria and went back to my country for military service, and joined the Air Force, so I am a Nigerian.

My country isn't your problem and there is no need to start speaking of my country. Let's face Nigeria's many problem.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:21am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

Thank you for the correction. I am Nigerian by birth, so I have every right to speak about the country and what goes on here is my business. I grew in Nigeria and went back to my country for military service, and joined the Air Force, so I am a Nigerian.

My country isn't your problem and there is no need to start speaking of my country.

So you lied about being a foreigner. Why?

Not that it matters anyway. The facts as stated by international military expert sources remain the facts.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 8:23am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

So you lied about being a foreigner. Why?

Have you considered the possibility of one of my parents no being Nigerians grin? I don't hate your country I hate your leaders and the fact you defend their failure.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 8:24am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

It is YOU that seems confused by the stated metrics. If the metrics were inappropriate for the objective of the research, they would not be employed! They are used because they produce a more accurate reflection of military strength among the nations.

The very essence of research is to present an accurate picture of reality, not to distort or obfuscate it, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

Read this properly and let me know what you make of it.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:25am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

Have you considered the possibility of one of my parents no being Nigerians grin? I don't hate your country I hate your leaders and the fact you defend their failure.

Without our leaders, your Nigerian parent would have been a village illiterate peasant shunned by his or her partner.

Meaning that you wouldn't exist in your current form.

Nigeria only began to invest in mass public education in the 1960s, courtesy of those ''evil leaders''.

Prior to independence in 1960, our literacy rate was 5% after 70 years of British rule.

Today, it's at 70% after 60 years of those ''evil leaders''.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 8:30am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

Read this properly and let me know what you make of it.

Dude, go and sleep.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by ULOPVQ: 8:35am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

Without our leaders, your Nigerian parent would have been a village illiterate peasant shunned by his or her partner.

Meaning that you wouldn't exist in your current form.

Nigeria only began to invest in mass public education in the 1960s, courtesy of those ''evil leaders''.

Prior to independence in 1960, our literacy rate was 5% after 70 years of British rule.

Today, it's at 70% after 60 years of those ''evil leaders''.

Nigeria's literacy rate isn't up to 70%.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by KvnGBaNks: 8:36am On Dec 13, 2020
So with all this, insecurity and terrorism has plagued the nation

With all this machine 600 people where kidnapped
Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by bularuz(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2020
Op some of these ships are no longer operational
Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 9:38am On Dec 13, 2020
ULOPVQ:

Nigeria's literacy rate isn't up to 70%.

It is definitely in the 60 to 70 percent range. That's a massive improvement, especially when you factor in the rise in population.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 9:40am On Dec 13, 2020
bularuz:
Op some of these ships are no longer operational

Please name them, let me look it up.
Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by unatryooh: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

Actually, the Nigerian military is more powerful than several European and South American militaries.

The Nigerian military is ranked 42nd on earth, well above Denmark, Ireland, Belgium, Austria, Hungary, Portugal, Croatia, Bulgaria, Finland, Slovakia, New Zealand and a few others.

The Nigerian military is also ranked above Argentina, Bolivia, Uruguay, Sri Lanka, Ecuador, Malaysia, UAE, Bangladesh, and many others.

See full world rankings below:

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp

Can you list the exact criteria used in calculating it?

Looking at the list I knew that you are misrepresentating the issue. I personally can only make a conclusion after seeing the metrics unfortunately the site says "some in house formula" which means we can't afford to let anyone review and point out the inconsistencies in our ranking formula. grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by Rossntti: 10:11am On Dec 13, 2020
unatryooh:

Can you list the exact criteria used in calculating it?

Looking at the list I knew that you are misrepresentating the issue. I personally can only make a conclusion after seeing the metrics unfortunately the site says "some in house formula" which means we can't afford to let anyone review and point out the inconsistencies in our ranking formula. grin

Instead of hallucinating about "inconsistencies", because international expert research has not placed you at the bottom, where you insist you belong, why not cure the terrible inferiority complex afflicting you?

That's the real issue, not some imagined international conspiracy to falsely make out Nigeria to be a military power.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by wewillbealright: 10:25am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

Actually, the Nigerian military is more powerful than several European and South American militaries.

The Nigerian military is ranked 42nd on earth, well above Denmark, Ireland, Belgium, Austria, Hungary, Portugal, Croatia, Bulgaria, Finland, Slovakia, New Zealand and a few others.

The Nigerian military is also ranked above Argentina, Bolivia, Uruguay, Sri Lanka, Ecuador, Malaysia, UAE, Bangladesh, and many others.

See full world rankings below:

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.asp
But in real life combat I'm very optimistic the Finnish armed forces will annihilate the Nigerian military.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by lampi: 10:26am On Dec 13, 2020
tempest01:
One US aircraft carrier will sink all these toys in 1 day.
it's because u don't know the difference between a carrier and destroyer

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by addictiv(m): 10:36am On Dec 13, 2020
Look at the toys Nigeria is parading as naval power... Not one single destroyer talk less of sub, a big let down for a country that claims to be the giant of Africa . Yet our waters are as insecure as free WiFi
Re: The Nigerian Navy - Black Africa's Biggest Sea Power by omenka(m): 10:38am On Dec 13, 2020
Rossntti:

You can say the same for virtually all the world's navies.

US annual military spending is the highest on earth,  and is more than the next 6 countries combined.

But what's the point of referring to them?

The Nigerian Navy is not being built to fight the United States..

Nigeria is a US ally and its biggest trading partner in Africa.

The navy's main focus is on defending the nation against regional and continental threats.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1288923_NN_NNS_THUNDER_FLIGHT_HELICOPTER_JPGda120f2ec368606c2fdff249b69d874d
Thank you.

You know, this forum is crawling with way too ignorant members who are so proud to flaunt their ignorance. Otherwise, how else can one take such a position as to compare any arm of US defence to that of any other country?

Not only does US spend more on defence than the next six biggest spenders combined, it's defence budget alone dwarfs that of all African countries combined and is probably more than the total annual budget of all West African countries combined.

Nairalanders fail to read beyond the rubbish they read on their timeline and a few local papers here and there, so they're mostly oblivious to what happens outside the boundaries of those sources.

Smh.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aregbesola: 3,906 Inmates Still At Large After Jail Attacks / PDP Appoints Caretaker Committee For Lagos State / No Govt Official At Aba Independence Day Schools Marching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.