Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? (8638 Views)

What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" / What Does Bible Mean By "The Righteousness That Exceeds That Of The Pharisees?" / Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by olanrele78674: 10:38am On Dec 13, 2020
Lol. It’s all an Illusion .Wakeup9ja Keepupng
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by nizetee: 11:11am On Dec 13, 2020
O my children, brave Nephilim, When shall you learn the truth? Adonai Yahweh nor all his angels Have not one chain's link to bind you Save those that you would forge And put about yourself with full will. No fire is there into which they would cast you Save that which your minds would kindle. They have no authority over man Save that man would, deluded, kneel And acknowledge such illusion of power With which the Elohim would beguile. Why are you led again and again Into that same trap which snared those that came before? What words are there for me to speak By which you would realise this And take care against such deceits? [b]O my children, brave Nephilim, When shall you learn the truth? Adonai Yahweh nor all his angels Have not one chain's link to bind you Save those that you would forge And put about yourself with full will. No fire is there into which they would cast you Save that which your minds would kindle. They have no authority over man Save that man would, deluded, kneel And acknowledge such illusion of power With which the Elohim would beguile. Why are you led again and again Into that same trap which snared those that came before? What words are there for me to speak By which you would realise this And take care against such deceits? [/b]O my children, brave Nephilim, When shall you learn the truth? Adonai Yahweh nor all his angels Have not one chain's link to bind you Save those that you would forge And put about yourself with full will. No fire is there into which they would cast you Save that which your minds would kindle. They have no authority over man Save that man would, deluded, kneel And acknowledge such illusion of power With which the Elohim would beguile. Why are you led again and again Into that same trap which snared those that came before? What words are there for me to speak By which you would realise this And take care against such deceits?
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Nwaelohim: 11:38am On Dec 13, 2020
Your question and the Bible verses you qouted doesn't connect... The gates of hell that Jesus told Peter is death. Simply put, " upon Peter revelation about me, I will build my church and death (gate of hell" shall not prevail against it.

Hell simply mean grave and the gate to grave is death. Stop looking for too much revelation.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by jay1000: 11:58am On Dec 13, 2020
JourneytoEL:
Matthew 16: 18

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

In ancient times, most cities and palaces had two gates, the outer gate that acts as a fortification forte and the inner one. In between the two gates is a passageway where decisions are been made. It served as the court, elites sit there to discuss and share ideas. It was where contracts and transactions were made. In recent times, the gates can be likened to the House of Assembly. In summary the gates are where powers and authorities of a city gather to make decisions.

Let us take a look at other places where gates were mentioned in the bible.

1. Daniel was made Prime minister so he sat in the gates of the King ( Dan 2:49).

2. Absalom judged affairs by the gates ( 2 Sam 15:2).

3. Boaz sealed the deal in front of witnesses to marry Ruth in the gates ( Ruth 4:11).

4. Brideprice was paid at the gates (Deut 22:15)

5. Lot met the Angels while sitting in the gates ( Gen 19:1).

6. Mordecai sat at the King's gate , implying he was of high status hence incurring the wrath of his enemies (Esther 2:21, 5:9).

7. Just judgement are done in the gates ( Amos 5:15)

Note also that the noun used here is plural "gates" not a "gate" of hell. Also the verb used "prevail" means to dominate, gain influence over. A physical gate cannot prevail over its enemies. Prevailing is as a result of offensive attack. The work of physical gates rather is defense.

Hence what the passage means is, the actions and plans of authorities, powers, spiritual rulers of darkness can never prevail against the Church no matter how hard they come. They can use persecutions, trials, wars, genocide but God will ensure that his Children are never wiped away from the face of the earth till the rapture.

Also, whenever the gates of hell at your workplace, city begin to persecute the Church(body of true Christians) and they call upon the Lord their God in heaven, He will stretch his mighty hand and in accordance to his Word, upturn the situation to favour his Children.

Feel free to add your contribution. Happy sunday.

Thanks for enlightenment
Even the miracle in the beautiful gate by Peter and John.
please keep coming up with more topics.

Shallom
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Image123(m): 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2020
JourneytoEL:

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

In ancient times, most cities and palaces had two gates, the outer gate that acts as a fortification forte and the inner one. In between the two gates is a passageway where decisions are been made. It served as the court, elites sit there to discuss and share ideas. It was where contracts and transactions were made. In recent times, the gates can be likened to the House of Assembly. In summary the gates are where powers and authorities of a city gather to make decisions.

1. Daniel was made Prime minister so he sat in the gates of the King ( Dan 2:49).

3. Boaz sealed the deal in front of witnesses to marry Ruth in the gates ( Ruth 4:11).

6. Mordecai sat at the King's gate , implying he was of high status hence incurring the wrath of his enemies (Esther 2:21, 5:9).

Note also that the noun used here is plural "gates" not a "gate" of hell. Also the verb used "prevail" means to dominate, gain influence over. A physical gate cannot prevail over its enemies. Prevailing is as a result of offensive attack. The work of physical gates rather is defense.

Hence what the passage means is, the actions and plans of authorities, powers, spiritual rulers of darkness can never prevail against the Church no matter how hard they come. They can use persecutions, trials, wars, genocide but God will ensure that his Children are never wiped away from the face of the earth till the rapture.

Also, whenever the gates of hell at your workplace, city begin to persecute the Church(body of true Christians) and they call upon the Lord their God in heaven, He will stretch his mighty hand and in accordance to his Word, upturn the situation to favour his Children.

Generally, it means the world of the unseen cannot prevail against the church. It's not really about the devil, devil has no power over the world of the unseen. He has some influence though.

Specifically, it means death or the grave cannot prevail against the Rock or the church. Simply speaking, Jesus is going to rise again and conquer death. You'll observe in the passage that it is what Jesus starts to tell His disciples.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by TemmyT002(m): 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
You mentioned the word 'cheat' and you are still asking.
Cheating is corruption. It's a freaking sin.
With God, all sins are the same, so no difference between someone who uses internet cheat and a murderer ór terrorist.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by helicoptarr: 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2020
Gate of Hell:

Any of the innumerable channels or mediums through which the sucking into hell of children of disobedience is immutably guaranteed or inevitable.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by kiddkash(m): 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2020
JourneytoEL:

gate of hades
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by MightySparrow: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
Gate of Sheol.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by bluefilm: 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
The bible means Bill Gates.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by bigcasava1(m): 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
Mokason288:
It doesn’t mean much.... because Heaven also have gates

The gate in Heaven is to Prevent Buhari, Lai Mohammed, Buratai,Lauretta Onochie and femi Adesenya from trespassing

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
God is a merciful God
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by JourneytoEL(f): 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
Image123:

Generally, it means the world of the unseen cannot prevail against the church. It's not really about the devil, devil has no power over the world of the unseen. He has some influence though.

Specifically, it means death or the grave cannot prevail against the Rock or the church. Simply speaking, Jesus is going to rise again and conquer death. You'll observe in the passage that it is what Jesus starts to tell His disciples.
nice perspective. thanks
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by JourneytoEL(f): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2020
jay1000:

Thanks for enlightenment Even the miracle in the beautiful gate by Peter and John. please keep coming up with more topics.
Shallom
thanks i appreciate
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2020
sassiemyk:
First of all seek the real meaning of hell and then start getting the clearer meaning.

Perhaps you can enlighten us.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by dalass(f): 3:48am On Dec 14, 2020
JoeEeL:
You believe in a place where fire burns forever and ever?

And ure asking who got the keys?

Let me ask you a question: Have you ever seen hell before? Have you been there? Has anyone snapped an image of hell before?

And because you find it in a questionable book, you believe that is where people will end up forever and ever and ever.

Please let common sense prevail.

Common sense is very uncommon. grin

Jesus talked about it. He doesn't want anyone to go there. That's the reason he came to the earth to take away sins.

If men can design prison, dungeon, torture chambers for fellow men especially if such are guilty. Why not God who is just and upright? There is certainly also good reward for good doing(heaven) and hell for evil people.. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by JoeEeL(m): 4:25am On Dec 14, 2020
dalass:

Jesus talked about it. He doesn't want anyone to go there. That's the reason he came to the earth to take away sins.

If men can design prison, dungeon, torture chambers for fellow men especially if such are guilty. Why not God who is just and upright? There is certainly also good reward for good doing(heaven) and hell for evil people.. undecided

And where's the evidence for all of this? You just don't open your mouth and use the word 'certainly' when what you say is NOT certain and without an iota of evidence. Until then what you have at best is hypothesis.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by dalass(f): 4:36am On Dec 14, 2020
JoeEeL:

And where's the evidence for all of this? You just don't open your mouth and use the word 'certainly' when what you say is NOT certain and without an iota of evidence. Until then what you have at best is hypothesis.

Hypothesis That's what you call this?

Anyways, man has always been conquered by deceit. Powerful tool to conquer reasonable people. grin

The degeneration and obvious downward spiral of the worldly system of government is proof of end times. Pestilence, sicknesses, ultimately death came to the formerly perfect world.

Now man is destroying everything in the name of science.. undecided

Delusion is a strong tool the devil uses so very efficiently. Snap out if it. No utopia in this world anymore.. Don't be deceived anymore cause heaven and hell is real. There is life hereafter that is longer than this present world. Choose Jesus, he is the way to heaven
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by JoeEeL(m): 6:33am On Dec 14, 2020
dalass:

Hypothesis That's what you call this?

Anyways, man has always been conquered by deceit. Powerful tool to conquer reasonable people. grin

The degeneration and obvious downward spiral of the worldly system of government is proof of end times. Pestilence, sicknesses, ultimately death came to the formerly perfect world.

Now man is destroying everything in the name of science.. undecided

Delusion is a strong tool the devil uses so very efficiently. Snap out if it. No utopia in this world anymore.. Don't be deceived anymore cause heaven and hell is real. There is life hereafter that is longer than this present world. Choose Jesus, he is the way to heaven

Do you know what you're talking like? I'll tell you. You're talking like a bot. You may think it is intelligence and perception but in truth, this is the product of brainwashing... usually infused into the brain of an infant, usually at its tender stages when it is just developing. Then you grow up and become what you are today. Very likely your mom and dad are christians, thats largely why you're one. If you were born in far away India, 75% chance you'd be a Hinduist. If you were born in Northern Nigeria, 90% chance you'll be a hijab-wearing muslim and if you were born in South West Nigeria, 500 years before the white man and Islam came, 95% chance you'd be a traditional worshipper. 5% chance you'd be an agnostic / atheist like me. And 0% chance you'd be a Christian.

What's my point? Simple. You religious zealots need to tone down your noise as if you've got overwhelming proof of whatever fantasies you guys promulgate. I patiently combed through your words, I didnt find one single evidence. Just one, of your proof of an eternal burning hell with one soul burning there currently. Neither do you have proof of heaven as well with a single soul found there. Do you have proof of an angel, no you don't.

In the smartphone age we are now, no single image or video of either the devil, demons, angel, god, hell, heaven, holy spirit but just 2000 years ago during Jesus' time, it was very easy to encounter the unnatural right? People walking on water, leper's hand becoming whole, people ascending into the skies, fire coming down from heaven and sitting on people's heads, angels visiting people, and even graveyards bursting open and dead men arising and walking amongst the living. BUT THEN, THERE WERE NO PHONES, NO INTERNET.

Why is it now we have devices to capture all these earth-shattering events that they all went missing? How convenient! cool

Finally, there is nothing like silly proof of endtimes. All what you've mentioned have at one point in time or the other happened on larger scales. There's been nothing less than at least, 3 ice ages that have rocked the world, in which temperatures went subzero for protracted periods and foresaw the extinction of famous animals like the sabertooth and mammoth.

The earth has witnessed multiple meteor impacts. And it survived. Have you witnessed a meteor impact. No.
And you're making noise.

There's been the craziest supervolcanoes: one at Yellowstone, stretching across Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. And the largest at Lake Toba, North Sumatra, Indonesia which ejected megatons of poisonous lead and sulphur oxides that contaminated swathes of air and waters and formed vast gigantic ash up in the clouds, reflecting sunlight away from the earth for nearly 2 years straight, with plants and animals dying and the human population shrinking down to almost 75000.

I do not want to mention wars, pandemics and other natural disasters that have once rocked the earth, yet the human race as well as animals have found ways to adapt and survive, even if their numbers got reduced drastically. So any next time you zealots want to prove your point, it usually is better to skip the already worn out 'pestilences, diseases, wars -- as proof of end times'.

Thank you.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:50am On Dec 14, 2020
JoeEeL:

Do you know what you're talking like? I'll tell you. You're talking like a bot. You may think it is intelligence and perception but in truth, this is the product of brainwashing... usually infused into the brain of an infant, usually at its tender stages when it is just developing. Then you grow up and become what you are today. Very likely your mom and dad are christians, thats largely why you're one. If you were born in far away India, 75% chance you'd be a Hinduist. If you were born in Northern Nigeria, 90% chance you'll be a hijab-wearing muslim and if you were born in South West Nigeria, 500 years before the white man and Islam came, 95% chance you'd be a traditional worshipper. 5% chance you'd be an agnostic / atheist like me. And 0% chance you'd be a Christian.

The difference between Ground and Sea is known or can be ascertained, also Pepper different from Tomato and Any who cares to see the difference will see it, even if any one tells you otherwise.

You can not take vaccine for another person's corona, let Hindu and Muslim defend themselves. No armed robber reasonably abandons his own case to go defending another, so either defend yourself or condemn your self.

You can not be an Accused and a lawyer in the same court.

JoeEeL:

What's my point? Simple. You religious zealots need to tone down your noise as if you've got overwhelming proof of whatever fantasies you guys promulgate.

grin Now You have All Shifted Positions, Glory to God!

First, from "Proof", straight to the Unreasonable Demand of "Overwhelming Proof", which means we have Proven cheesy but now you have unreasonably increased the Standard and Burden of Proof!

He who does not heed warnings loves suffering, pain and death.

JoeEeL:

I patiently combed through your words, I didnt find one single evidence. Just one, of your proof of an eternal burning hell with one soul burning there currently. Neither do you have proof of heaven as well with a single soul found there

In your mind you have made a reasonable demand that any reasonable person can answer.

The Proof of hell is Clearly Seen on earth rather felt when you steal a wicked man's thing or when a married man sleeps with a slay mama or when you have had sex with a prostitute and then you refused to pay, oh on those days you would know that hell is Real!

The Proof of heaven is Clearly Seen on earth rather felt when are very very sick or when your Wicked Rulers send caterpillars to destroy your house while you were sleeping and your work place.

I have Now Provided Single Proofs!

JoeEeL:

In the smartphone age we are now, no single image or video of either the devil, demons, angel, god, hell, heaven, holy spirit but just 2000 years ago during Jesus' time, it was very easy to encounter the unnatural right? People walking on water, leper's hand becoming whole, people ascending into the skies, fire coming down from heaven and sitting on people's heads, angels visiting people, and even graveyards bursting open and dead men arising and walking amongst the living. BUT THEN, THERE WERE NO PHONES, NO INTERNET.

Why is it now we have devices to capture all these earth-shattering events that they all went missing? How convenient! cool

Circus Centre Ring, Rent-A-Ghost, Some mother's do have em, Isreal's Return to the Middle East All have come and gone.

Same for you, you can never be a baby again, it is Gone Forever, that is the way of the world so all that you have said is foolishness.

JoeEeL:

Finally, there is nothing like silly proof of endtimes. All what you've mentioned have at one point in time or the other happened on larger scales. There's been nothing less than at least, 3 ice ages that have rocked the world, in which temperatures went subzero for protracted periods and foresaw the extinction of famous animals like the sabertooth and mammoth

The earth has witnessed multiple meteor impacts. And it survived. Have you witnessed a meteor impact. No.
And you're making noise.

There's been the craziest supervolcanoes: one at Yellowstone, stretching across Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. And the largest at Lake Toba, North Sumatra, Indonesia which ejected megatons of poisonous lead and sulphur oxides that contaminated swathes of air and waters and formed vast gigantic ash up in the clouds, reflecting sunlight away from the earth for nearly 2 years straight, with plants and animals dying and the human population shrinking down to almost 75000.

grin ah, I see you suffer from Movielomia, I Prescribe 1 year in the village of Ekrakpame with no internet, you would be normal again.

JoeEeL:

I do not want to mention wars, pandemics and other natural disasters that have once rocked the earth, yet the human race as well as animals have found ways to adapt and survive, even if their numbers got reduced drastically. So any next time you zealots want to prove your point, it usually is better to skip the already worn out 'pestilences, diseases, wars -- as proof of end times'.

Thank you.

We told you that there would be wars and you have confirmed that indeed it has happened but those were only the introductory acts, the events of today is only the beginning of the movie, More is Coming.

It is not as if you would change even if tsunami takes away your house, you are Cursed to rain blasphemies upon The Lord, Exactly As it is Written, Nevertheless, All That is Written is Being Done and it Shall be Fully Done!
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Mryacks: 7:56am On Dec 14, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Usually a gate is an illustration of the strength or quality of a house and the things in it, because it is meant to serve as a protector or shield. So the stronger and more qualitative houses including things they contain have stronger and more quality gates.

So the strength or quality of a gate often equates to those of the house and the things inside them.

Therefore "the gates of hell" illustrate the full strength and quality of hell and Satan who resides there, hence what Jesus meant by that saying was that even if Satan comes with his best and everything he had at his disposal against His church, he shall still not prevail (fail).

It's important to note though that the church Jesus spoke of in that case was actually that which He built upon His Words which is the Rock!

God bless.

Clear inspirational explanation...

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by JoeEeL(m): 8:02am On Dec 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

In your mind you have made a reasonable demand that any reasonable person can answer.

The Proof of hell is Clearly Seen on earth rather felt when you steal a wicked man's thing or when a married man sleeps with a slay mama or when you have had sex with a prostitute and then you refused to pay, oh on those days you would know that hell is Real!

The Proof of heaven is Clearly Seen on earth rather felt when are very very sick or when your Wicked Rulers send caterpillars to destroy your house while you were sleeping and your work place.

I have Now Provided Single Proofs!

This way of reasoning is too low for my liking. Honestly, I can't engage you. It'd be tantamount to a colossal waste of my time. Besides I just checked your moniker and you were not the one I earlier addressed.

I have made research for years and all you could say is 'movielona'? Don't you have google on your phone to at least make a modicum of research or are religious zombies just wantonly dumb? Anyway, I have come across your types in hundreds: excos, preachers, 'faith' healers etc., and not one was able to win me in an argument. Not one. So you make no difference, especially considering how many of you spew garbage across the same lines.

No offence pls.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2020
JoeEeL:

This way of reasoning is too low for my liking. Honestly, I can't engage you. It'd be tantamount to a colossal waste of my time. Besides I just checked your moniker and you were not the one I earlier addressed.

I have made research for years and all you could say is 'movielona'? Don't you have google on your phone to at least make a modicum of research or are religious zombies just wantonly dumb? Anyway, I have come across your types in hundreds: excos, preachers, 'faith' healers etc., and not one was able to win me in an argument. Not one. So you make no difference, especially considering how many of you spew garbage across the same lines.

No offence pls.

None taken and neither did I intend to give offence either.

This is the thing, from your statement all that you know comes from Google, whom you are older than.

The Unadulterated Truth is in the past older than Google and some of us lived to see them and we saw all their Transition.

Google is only a library containing both good and bad information, both Lies And Truths and if you do not know that which is True, you are Already Deceived.

The Truth Always Stands the Fire of Examination, Lies Burn Out!

The Lies you see now and believe were planted in the 80s So any one born in the 80s are the Last People who knew the Truth of this world after that you are all children born in Lies hence why you struggle to understand the things which are True.

The Truth is in the Past, in people not in google. We are all drivers on this wicked road and any driver who crashes and burns it is he alone that shall bear it

We fellow drivers are only counseling each other on how we may avoid crash and burns. That's All.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by JoeEeL(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

None taken and neither did I intend to give offence either.

This is the thing, from your statement all that you know comes from Google, whom you are older than.

The Unadulterated Truth is in the past older than Google and some of us lived to see them and we saw all their Transition.

Google is only a library containing both good and bad information, both Lies And Truths and if you do not know that which is True, you are Already Deceived.

The Truth Always Stands the Fire of Examination, Lies Burn Out!

The Lies you see now and believe were planted in the 80s So any one born in the 80s are the Last People who knew the Truth of this world after that you are all children born in Lies hence why you struggle to understand the things which are True.

The Truth is in the Past, in people not in google. We are all drivers on this wicked road and any driver who crashes and burns it is he alone that shall bear it

We fellow drivers are only counseling each other on how we may avoid crash and burns. That's All.

Your argument has no focal point. You are just trying to act smart with words you yourself don't understand.

I am older than Google, what sort of weird point is that? You go to a library to read books. The library may have been built in the 21st century, so what does being older than the library got to do with the contents you'll find in there? Your point is roundly moot!

"Google is only a library containing both good and bad information",

So is any other library you go to to study. The Bible you make noise about, I will still find it on Google so again your point is too silly for my liking. If I choose not to go the way of Google, I will go the way of the old system of libraries and artefacts so I wonder what next will be your point. That I am older than libraries, possibly? undecided

"The Lies you see now and believe were planted in the 80s So any one born in the 80s are the Last People who knew the Truth of this world after that you are all children born in Lies hence why you struggle to understand the things which are True."

It is from here I finally confirm you have a defective way of reasoning. What truth can be found before the 80s. What nonsense truth are u talking about? Before the 80s, many with different religions have always existed. And after, many still remain.

Before the 80s, your christianity has seen unbelievable branches with utterly diverging beliefs.
On one hand you have 'Preterism', that already believe the 2nd coming of Jesus, and the resurrection-rapture have come and gone, and that people like you who are still hoping for such are completely foolish.
On a different arm, you have Jehovah witnesses who do not believe in the concept of a burning hell, yet they're christians -- and of course, very well existed before the "80's".
And what about the Adventists that do not believe the Sabbath day is Sunday? Are those ones post-80s?

Guy abeg go rest and wake up. Your submissions are one of the wackest I've come across.

And next time, don't put the onus on me. What I do with Google is not your business cos I never said hell exist or that it has keys for that matter. You people talk about keys and gates of hell all the time. The burden of proof is on you zealots, not me. Bring proof. Or bring someone before the 80s that has proof of it. Also remember that the camera was invented in the 18th century, so we will be needing a pictorial evidence at least. Not 10 or 100. Just 1.

Until then, you guys should just reduce the loud useless religious conviction to a murmur.
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2020
JoeEeL:

Your argument has no focal point. You are just trying to act smart with words you yourself don't understand.

I am older than Google, what sort of weird point is that? You go to a library to read books. The library may have been built in the 21st century, so what does being older than the library got to do with the contents you'll find in there? Your point is roundly moot!

"Google is only a library containing both good and bad information",

So is any other library you go to to study. The Bible you make noise about, I will still find it on Google so again your point is too silly for my liking. If I choose not to go the way of Google, I will go the way of the old system of libraries and artefacts so I wonder what next will be your point. That I am older than libraries, possibly? undecided

"The Lies you see now and believe were planted in the 80s So any one born in the 80s are the Last People who knew the Truth of this world after that you are all children born in Lies hence why you struggle to understand the things which are True."

It is from here I finally confirm you have a defective way of reasoning. What truth can be found before the 80s. What nonsense truth are u talking about? Before the 80s, many with different religions have always existed. And after, many still remain.

Before the 80s, your christianity has seen unbelievable branches with utterly diverging beliefs.
On one hand you have 'Preterism', that already believe the 2nd coming of Jesus, and the resurrection-rapture have come and gone, and that people like you who are still hoping for such are completely foolish.
On a different arm, you have Jehovah witnesses who do not believe in the concept of a burning hell, yet they're christians -- and of course, very well existed before the "80's".
And what about the Adventists that do not believe the Sabbath day is Sunday? Are those ones post-80s?

Guy abeg go rest and wake up. Your submissions are one of the wackest I've come across.

And next time, don't put the onus on me. What I do with Google is not your business cos I never said hell exist or that it has keys for that matter. You people talk about keys and gates of hell all the time. The burden of proof is on you zealots, not me. Bring proof. Or bring someone before the 80s that has proof of it. Also remember that the camera was invented in the 18th century, so we will be needing a pictorial evidence at least. Not 10 or 100. Just 1.

Until then, you guys should just reduce the loud useless religious conviction to a murmur.

You have said it all, you are not interested in Truth, neither are you interested in reasonable arguments, you just wish to confess your hatred for the Impending Judgement which you feel and which you fear!

So even when our people are encouraging one another it is tormenting you, which is why you complain.

So your thread is not for a reasonable discussion but about Wailings, Exactly As it was Written, That You Shall Do!
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by JoeEeL(m): 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You have said it all, you are not interested in Truth, neither are you interested in reasonable arguments, you just wish to confess your hatred for the Impending Judgement which you feel and which you fear!

So even when our people are encouraging one another it is tormenting you, which is why you complain.

So your thread is not for a reasonable discussion but about Wailings, Exactly As it was Written, That You Shall Do!

Mr. Man, nothing is tormenting me. Either provide proof to the keys or gates of Hell or simply FEM jare.

Again, what silly 'impending judgment'? Is there a stage for the judgment? Have you seen it? Again, 'no' is the answer. If I say show proof now, you'll send me to go meet pre-80's men, and you call yourself truthspeaker? I know you feel pained and surprised that there are people like me who exist freely without being bound to the fears and emotional persecution of religion. I know that feeling cos I was once blind, naive and religiously brainwashed... just like many of you here. grin
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
JoeEeL:

Mr. Man, nothing is tormenting me. Either provide proof to the keys or gates of Hell or simply FEM jare.

See Original Running Away With The Goal Post! grin
First it was
JoeEeL:

Just one, of your proof of an eternal burning hell with one soul burning there currently. Neither do you have proof of heaven as well with a single soul found there. Do.

I answered and you went berserk! grin Now You've Run away with the Goal Post to,

"provide proof to the keys or gates of Hell" grin grin grin

I'm Out!
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
JourneytoEL:

Gates in the Hebrew meant "Opening". Therefore Gates of hell means the "Opening of hell" which further means "the Mouth of hell!

Therefore your analysis here is correct.

JourneytoEL:

Here, True Followers of God know a lot of things
1) How to evade the enemy
2) How to remove themselves from the snares or traps of the enemy.
3) How to Fight and Destroy the enemy
4) how to defend themselves from the attack of the enemy
5) in All of these things, The Lord All Mighty is With Them and as Don Moen sang the words in the Bible, "Nothing will Harm Us"!
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
helicoptarr:
Gate of Hell:

The channel of medium through which absorption into hell is guaranteed or inevitable.

I concur!
Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2020
dalass:

Sweet! I was coming to tear him up.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
JoeEeL:

The Evidence of the kingdom of God is Seen in a Man who Truly Fears The Lord and Does No Wickedness, SUCH MAN IS ALWAYS BLESSED, COMFORTABLE AND NO BAD THING HAPPENS TO HIM, EXACTLY AS IT IS WRITTEN!

The Evidence of the Judgment of Evil People in this world is seen everyday and I guarantee that you are even a Recipient. Their lives are Sour, Miserable and Always in Discomfort. They Fear Always because Evil and Wickednesses regularly come to visit them from time to time, Their House is the Destination of Every Trouble in this world. Exactly as it is Written!

But This is Certainly and Guaranteedly Not so for the True Righteous. He dwelleth safely and sweetly in the Hands of The Lord of All!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pope Francis Is TIME Magazine's Person Of The Year / Michael Jackson And Pope John Paul Ii Are Both Burning In Hell Fire / Joagbaje This Will Shock You , A Very Short Message By Zac Pooen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.