Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife (8731 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor In Court To Divorce His Ninth Wife / Is There Any Bible Ground Whereby A Man Can Divorce His Wife And Marry Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by r231(m): 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2011
God Directed Me To Divorce My Wife And Marry Another One – Pastor

A 58-year-old pastor, Mr. Femi Alo, on Wednesday told a Grade A Customary Court sitting in Mushin, Lagos, that he received instructions from God to marry a new wife and divorce Felicia, his wife of 34 years with whom he had four children.

Femi said this during the hearing of a divorce suit he filed against Felicia on the grounds that she deserted him for 15 years without any reason and that Felicia did not love him anymore.

“Felicia left home since 1996 under the guise of visiting her parents in Iddo-Ekiti, Ekiti State and since then she has not returned home. I have lived like a bachelor all this while and I am tired of living such a life. I sought the face of God on this and God has given me the go-ahead to divorce her and marry a new wife. He has revealed this to me,” he said.

When asked by the court whom God directed him to marry, Femi said God’s will for him in marriage was a 43-year-old divorcee who is currently a student in his church’s school of evangelism.

Femi whose first two children are married, however told the court that his children were opposed to his decision to divorce their mother.

He said, “Though my children are not supporting the divorce, I will go ahead with it because I want peace for myself and with God.They don’t have a say over me.I brought them up and made them who they are today.

“I have been patient enough for 15 years.Despite my appeal and entreaties from my relations to her to come back home she refused to return. I don’t even know about her affairs over there. Besides, I can’t even go against God’s will.”

Felicia was however absent in court despite being served with the hearing notice. The court urged Femi to furnish it with Felicia’s phone number so as to establish oral communication with her with a view to ensuring her prescence at the adjourned date.

The President of the court, Dr. Gladstone Ipaye, adjourned the case till October 4 for further hearing.

www.google.com.ng/search?q=cache:www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109163363517
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by globaljobs(m): 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2011
It's difficult to tell who God has spoken to. Nowadays virtually everyone claims to have been spoken to by God.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by SisiKill1: 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2011
Hallelu. . . . Hallelujah!!!!!

Praidalor. . . Hallelujah!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by thehomer: 10:47pm On Sep 16, 2011
r231:

A 58-year-old pastor, Mr. Femi Alo, on Wednesday told a Grade A Customary Court sitting in Mushin, Lagos, that he received instructions from God to marry a new wife and divorce Felicia, his wife of 34 years with whom he had four children.

Femi said this during the hearing of a divorce suit he filed against Felicia on the grounds that she deserted him for 15 years without any reason and that Felicia did not love him anymore.

“Felicia left home since 1996 under the guise of visiting her parents in Iddo-Ekiti, Ekiti State and since then she has not returned home. I have lived like a bachelor all this while and I am tired of living such a life. I sought the face of God on this and God has given me the go-ahead to divorce her and marry a new wife. He has revealed this to me,” he said.

When asked by the court whom God directed him to marry, Femi said God’s will for him in marriage was a 43-year-old divorcee who is currently a student in his church’s school of evangelism.

Femi whose first two children are married, however told the court that his children were opposed to his decision to divorce their mother.

He said, “Though my children are not supporting the divorce, I will go ahead with it because I want peace for myself and with God.They don’t have a say over me.I brought them up and made them who they are today.

“I have been patient enough for 15 years.Despite my appeal and entreaties from my relations to her to come back home she refused to return. I don’t even know about her affairs over there. Besides, I can’t even go against God’s will.”

Felicia was however absent in court despite being served with the hearing notice. The court urged Femi to furnish it with Felicia’s phone number so as to establish oral communication with her with a view to ensuring her prescence at the adjourned date.

The President of the court, Dr. Gladstone Ipaye, adjourned the case till October 4 for further hearing.

Hmm it seems God has spoken.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by claremont(m): 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2011
God spoke to him through the trumpet between his legs! grin
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by HISchild: 7:59am On Sep 17, 2011
A husband, and his wife, are to love each other unconditionally, by the grace of The Lord GOD. There is to be no divorce for any reason. Some of what the holy word of GOD says -  "The LORD reigns"!!!
============

Proverbs 18:22
"Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD."

Ephesians 5:21-30
"Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word," That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones." (the church in view here, is GOD's eternal church of all who are truly saved / redeemed by The Lord JESUS CHRIST,  not the congregations that we see, that now because of their apostasy and according to the true word of GOD, are under GOD's judgment, as is the rest of this world - "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" -1 Peter 4:17

Colossians 3:18-20
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.  Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.  Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. "

1 Peter 3:1-4
"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."

Matthew 19:6
"Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh.  What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. "

Malachi 2:16
"For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously. " [putting away is divorce, The LORD hates it]

"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." - Hebrews 13:4

"But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away." - Proverbs 6: 32-33

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." -Matthew 5:28

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body." - 1 Corinthians 6:18

1 Corinthians 7
"[b]Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.  Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.  Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.  The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.  Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.  For I would that all men were even as I myself.  But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.  I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.  But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.  And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.  And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.  For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.  But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart.  A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.  For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?[/b]"
----
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Joagbaje(m): 8:17am On Sep 17, 2011
We may not have a say in a divorce case until we hear from both parties. There are grounds on which God allow divorce.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Image123(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2011
The so called pastor has heard from himself, not even the devil. Did he take marriage vows? Where are those that swear to their own hurt and change not? An endangered species. What did he do all this while when the wife was away, what took her away, is he even saying the truth? And one of his disciples/sympathizers, a divorcee, is the one he wants to marry. Why do people love to deceive themselves?
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by HISchild: 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2011
@ Joagbaje, there are no such grounds for which GOD allows divorce. For a short period of time in the history of national / ancient Israel, HE did, for HIS own perfect, righteous purposes, but that law was given "for the hardness of their hearts" - "but from the beginning it was not so"
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by JeSoul(f): 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

We may not have a say in a divorce case until we hear from both parties. There are grounds on which God allow divorce.
I keep waiting for a time when you'll call one of these pastors out for what they are . . . don't let me wait in vain oh sir Joe.

Image123:

The so called pastor has heard from himself, not even the devil. Did he take marriage vows? Where are those that swear to their own hurt and change not? An endangered species. What did he do all this while when the wife was away, what took her away, is he even saying the truth? And one of his disciples/sympathizers, a divorcee, is the one he wants to marry. Why do people love to deceive themselves?
Spot on.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2011
Image123:

The so called pastor has heard from himself, not even the devil.

JeSoul:

Spot on.

It seems if someone says something you agree with and says it was god's directive, you believe him or her. But if you disagree with the person, then it wasn't god but the person or the devil. How convenient.

Image123:

Why do people love to deceive themselves?

Look in the mirror and repeat the question. Then give yourself the answer. Psychological placebo. Example, Christianity.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Thirst4Lif: 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2011
I'm wondering whether his wife is still alive. In 15 years he hasn't gone

to visit her? She may be Resting in Peace under a flowerbed in their backyard.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 17, 2011
God does allow divorce under some conditions. One of them being infidelity.
And for a woman to leave her husband\s house and refuse to return for 15 full years, then that's probably been a highly repeated issue here.

15 years is no bloody joke folks. It's like she was an agent of the devil sent to "lock" the man down and frustrate the man's life to the point where he would have to commit sexual sin with someone else to combat the loneliness undecided
The devil uses all forms of tactics today and one must in turn do what one must to prevail.

My prayers go out for this bros.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by delpee(f): 9:52pm On Sep 17, 2011
We need to hear the other side of the story but meanwhile i feel sorry for the pastor. How many Nigerian men will wait for 15 years "to hear from God"?
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 17, 2011
15 years? Did the man made any effort to contact her that proved abortive? If he tried to contact her and she refused, then God has indeed spoken. 15 years is no joke. I can't be married and still be wanking, God forbid.  If I don't hear from her in months (her deliberately refusing to contact me back), I will dissolve the marriage quick quick.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by GloJH(f): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2011
There are 2 sides to a coin. I wish d wife will give her own side of dis story. We'll find out dat she must hv left because of infidelity frm dis pastor. He is tired of commiting secret adultry with dis 43yr old new love nd divorcee nd his looking for how to make it open. which god ask him to divorce a woman with 4 children without d woman commiting adultry? Even d traditional gods will not say such a thing. Hv we knwn why d woman is divorced?
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by GloJH(f): 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2011
There are 2 sides to a coin. I wish d wife will give her own side of dis story. We'll find out dat she must hv left because of infidelity frm dis pastor. He is tired of commiting secret adultry with dis 43yr old new love nd divorcee nd his looking for how to make it open. which god ask him to divorce a woman with 4 children without d woman commiting adultry? Even d traditional gods will not say such a thing. Hv we knwn why d woman is divorced?
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by GloJH(f): 10:09pm On Sep 17, 2011
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Mojibola(m): 10:17pm On Sep 17, 2011
the dude is high, that's all.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Galaxy7: 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2011
Glojh,You are very much correct in, situation like this i think divorce is the only option
for a woman to run away from her husband's house for 15 solid years is such an idiotic behavior.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by kawkab: 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2011
Marriage is a Social contract. If what the man is saying is true then the woman should be blamed for leaving her home for such a long time.  However, the decision to divorce his wife is sole his.  I am sure God did not speak to him.  Thoug there is no way we can judge whether or not God spoke to him.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by aloyemeka1: 10:24pm On Sep 17, 2011
The woman deserted the marriage and there is nothing wrong with the man divorcing her.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Galaxy7: 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2011
Y did she not appear in court,beside,a woman with children left for gud 15 yrs without looking back tells you she is evil
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by poweredcom(m): 10:35pm On Sep 17, 2011
if they want to do things they gonna call god, especially christians, shame to we all.calling the name of god in every bad things we do, nigerians most especially, if our govt lot money they celebrate party and say its a blessing by god,
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Galaxy7: 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2011
@Obo_man
"Despite my appeal and entreaties from my relations to, "
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by toyemz(f): 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked
wait oh and in that church they will have marriage counsel department
abi?
wow!
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by God2man(m): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2011
15yrs is not 2days or 1hr, please, let's put ourselves in this pastor position, anyway, i would have loved a situation whereby the man reconcile with his wife but it is not easy. 15yrs. I pray that God will comfort this pastor. That is all i can say. God bless you. God2man.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Joagbaje(m): 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2011
@ HISchild

HISchild:

@ Joagbaje, there are no such grounds for which GOD allows divorce.  

There are several reason by which divorce may take place.For example  If the woman left of her own accord . Especially if they don't have the same faith, the man can divorce her. some women left their husbands when he gets called into ministry. a woman who did such  once said "it was a doctor I married not a pastor" she got angry that he left his medical profession for ministry work.

1 Corinthians 7:15
15 But if the unbelieving partners leave, let them go. Under these circumstances a Christian man or Christian woman is not bound by a marriage vow. God has called you to live in peace.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by N101: 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2011
We've only heard one side of the story. The children are against the marriage. There is more to this than the wife supposedly abandoning him for 15 years.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by realcele: 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2011
hummm, God has spoken, wonders shall never end in this nairaland. Who knows who spoke to the lady to abadon her home.
Well done Pastor.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by emmatok(m): 11:40pm On Sep 17, 2011
N101:

We've only heard one side of the story.  The children are against the marriage.  There is more to this than the wife supposedly abandoning him for 15 years.

What other story are you looking for, wasn't the exiled wife served hearing notice?

Why didn't she appear in court, after-all shes not dead.

God or no God, that marriage no longer exit.

The should be allowed to remarry after proper divorce.

15 years is too much.
Re: God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Is Dead - The Abandonment Of Faith In Europe. / Happy Birthday Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ! / What Is The Black Man's Obsession With This Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.