Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? (14576 Views)

Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? / Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. / Klintoncod, Maraji, Ebabykobby, Josh2funny Comedians Dress Like The Opposite Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:40am On Dec 13, 2020
Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex?

Yes you have according to this saying of Jesus:

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:28

But it's not a sin unto death because this saying of Jesus was intended to make you perfect as the Father is!

Matthew 5:48 (KJV)

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

That was how God made man (male an female) to be in the beginning and how man was before he fell into sin. So the purpose God sent Jesus to the Earth, was to restore things back to way they were in the beginning, when there was no lust in man's heart despite that they (male and female) were both naked.

Genesis 2:25 (KJV)

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

So shame only came after lust entered into their hearts via sin, but that was not how God made man to be in the beginning. Hence the purpose of that saying of Jesus was to restore man back to the way God made them in the beginning when there was no lust in their hearts.

Therefore that ought to be the aspiration of every man who is a follower of Jesus; to become perfect as God is and made man to be in the beginning when there was no lust in man's heart.

This Jesus was, being a perfect illustration of the ways of the Father on Earth, hence He desired for His followers to become likewise.

So do not settle for lust even though it just that of the heart, because God desires that you be perfect as He is without lust in your heart, so that you don't give the devil any room to exploit.

With God it's possible to achieve this.

God bless.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by CodeTemplar: 7:41am On Dec 13, 2020
. . . what about a woman who looks at the opposite sex lustfully?

6 Likes

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:46am On Dec 13, 2020
Jesus hence also displayed His high level of spiritual prowess, because He knows that the heart is where all evil proceed from.

Matthew 15:18-19 (KJV)

But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Hence if the sin was killed at the root level which is at the heart, it's impossible for it to come out or give the devil any opportunity to exploit.

Therefore if any man doesn't lust after a woman in his heart, adultery, formication, and other sexual sins cannot possibly proceed from his heart.

Hence sin is killed at the inception point and can't do any further damage.

God bless.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2020
Oga dont involve the devil in your business....leave alone.

Everything in Nigeria..here is Devil Devil Devil...wetin devil even do una?

31 Likes

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by seunlayi(m): 8:13am On Dec 13, 2020
Yes

1 Like

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by tstx(m): 8:13am On Dec 13, 2020
If looking at a woman lustfully is a sin then every man born of a woman go end up in "hell". Including all your favorite daddy GOs them... FACT.

Meanwhile why are blacks so obsessed with religion, heaven and hell? Even more than those that brought it to us.?

I build websites and I'm based IN abuja.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 13, 2020
Yes you have sinned

Bunch of olodos. Make una no lie swear say you never look yansh today. If God want use this criteria nobody go go heaven

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by tunapawizzy: 9:18am On Dec 13, 2020
the question is how do you define Lust...at what point do you draw a line between lust and physical admiration

5 Likes

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Sunnycliff(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
Yes
Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by JoeEeL(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
Stupiid questions as usual on a Sunday morning.

We are all sexual and social animals and the imagination of intimacy with the opposite sex from time to time is just the natural hormone that kicks for procreation purposes.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by KINGJAJA888(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
HUSTLER001:
But doctors says its a remedy to live long. Which should I go for? Hmmm,doctors I guess.

grin grin
Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Jahzrockballer(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
Wahala dey o

1 Like

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by anochuko01(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
Yes naa.

All are sin before God.
The difference between you that thought lustfully and you that physically acted it is the risk of being caught, unwanted pregnancy and std.

1 Like

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Otaiky(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Yes you have sinned

Bunch of olodos. Make una no lie swear say you never look yansh today. If God want use this criteria nobody go go heaven

an off
���
Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Obinnaoke11: 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Professorcplus(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
IF ANIMALS LUST, HAVE THEY SINNED? JUST CURIOUS

3 Likes

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by WonderManly(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
On this matter. If you ask me, na who I go ask
Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:19am On Dec 13, 2020
Our Holy Bible tells us that...........

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Soljaboi44(m): 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
cry

1 Like

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Yes you have sinned

Switch off that TV and stop watching the video 'Looking Nyansh by Flavour'.
It's bad and contagious for your health...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Sunnycliff(m): 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Yes you have sinned

Na lie people go go heaven. No be everyone get time to de look another woman nyash or bress

2 Likes

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Shellsploit: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
Am even staring at one right now!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by HUSTLER001: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
But doctors says its a remedy to live long. Which should I go for? Hmmm,doctors I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by TheWalkingMind: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
No, it's called biology.
Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Cutehector(m): 9:20am On Dec 13, 2020
Why do people think sex, lust is the worst sin there is. ?

I tell you the worst sin. Judging others while feeling too righteous.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 13, 2020
[quote author= post=97017402][/quote]

Why do you persist na?

I mean I have never online seen anyone more hated than you (except justine bieber) I mean even the mods don't like you.. grin you are banned regularly and no one likes you except your own cloned accounts

Kuku go twitter na
grin
Chai or do you feel lonely outside nairaland?

grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by paulolee(m): 9:21am On Dec 13, 2020
k
Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:25am On Dec 13, 2020
Yes I lust after him wholeheartedly. His lips, his eyes common! If that makes me a sinner, then I'm a freaking sinner.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Brandonx(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2020
I don't think it's a Sin because I look at things I desire lustfully and work towards getting them. Even married pastors were once lusting after their wives before they married her that's why they could bang their wives like there's no tomorrow undecided

2 Likes

Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 13, 2020
[s]
post=97017402:

Switch off that TV and stop watching the video 'Looking Nyansh by Flavour'.
It's bad for your health...

[/s]

Try harder
Re: Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? by tnerro1(m): 9:29am On Dec 13, 2020
Thank God that God is a forgiving father, if not, space no go dey for hell fire oooo if na this one dem wan use

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Matter The Economy Of The Jungle.i Can Never Eat Grass...it Is Not Pride... / Why Use The Letter 'X' When Referring To Christians? / Are My Tithes Acceptable Unto God Even Though I Don't Go To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.