Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,069 members, 7,810,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? (2640 Views)

What Language Did Adam And Eve Speak? / Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? / How Many Years Did Adam And Eve Live In Eden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 12:26am On Mar 05, 2023
Why did Adam sin?
It’s known that Adam, the first man sinned, but what is not so popular is the reason he sinned. There are different opinions as to why he sinned, but the prevalent one is that of the Abrahamic religions, which holds that Adam sinned because he was deceived.

Why did Adam sin? The term “sin” is quite hidden in mystery, so we can’t really tell why Adam sinned from surface value. The word “sin” is hamartia in Greek, and it means to miss the mark; to do what one does not have the capacity to do, or to go beyond a boundary.

This means there was a boundary which Adam went over. Many say he did this because he was deceived, and others say it is because of love; his love for the Woman. Was Adam deceived or was his action premeditated? Was it love or lust? We will never know the truth unless we take a deeper look at the Genesis or Morning.

The bible makes it very clear that Adam disobeyed. This information is well established in the scriptures, and Apostle Paul went on to say disobedience existed in the world through Adam. This is to say, prior to Adam’s disobedience, nothing had ever disobeyed.

The word “disobedience” means: the refusal to obey. It can be said to be the refusal to obey a constituted authority or order. Likewise, the word “refusal” means: to express oneself as unwilling to accept.

Therefore, on a broader definition disobedience means to express oneself as unwilling to accept to obey a constituted authority or order. The constituted authority in this case is God and the order is the law that was given to Adam.

So from Paul’s point of view, this unwillingness to accept to obey came into the world by Adam and not before him (Romans 5:12). It’s his unwillingness to obey God that caused Adam to sin. And the unwillingness of all other men to obey is because of the adamic nature they inherited.

What does this really mean? The unwillingness to accept to obey is called “unbelief” or better still “disbelieve”. This is because “believe” can be simplified as “to accept to obey, continue-in, or comply”, and unbelief is just the opposite of this.

Believe is an internal thing. It’s something that happens within the heart of man, and it has to do with the “will” of man, and this is influenced by that man’s desires. So whether a person will accept to obey depends only on that person’s will as influenced by such as person’s desires.

Similarly, the refusal to obey is internal. It happens in man’s heart, and it’s a product of the man’s will as influenced by his desires and nothing else. No entity, not even God can make man obey or refuse to obey, man’s decision is born by his own will. This is the freedom that God gave Adam in the morning/beginning, and the freedom available to all man.

Sin is not automatic nor does it occur by chance. Sin, like everything of life happens through a process. The process for which sins occurs is firstly unbelief. A person’s disbelieve will cause them to disobey. Sin comes happens in the aftermath of disobedience, it is this sin that leads to lack of awareness or death.

What is sin? No one truly knows what sin is. But from the scripture, we see that sin appears to be the main ring in a system of three rings; iniquity, transgression, and sin (Exodus 34:7). If these things are very similar, what do they individually mean?

Transgression as simply put is to violate a law or command. It’s the direct product of unbelief, and the first of the three rings. Iniquity on the other hand is continued transgression of the law. Iniquity gives rise to sin.

What then is sin? Sin is rather an archaic term, and in the time when the idea was created, it meant “blame” or “fault”. Therefore, to sin is to blame or fault. So Adam’s sin was that he continued to transgress, and blamed (Job 31:33).

The process that gives birth to sin starts from the moment of disbelieve and steadily proceeds to after iniquity (Ezekiel 28:16). This is because a person who faults a law will first transgress it, will continue to transgress it, and even when they are questioned for correction, they will still fault the person who calls them. This is what results to such a person’s death (Proverbs 15:10).

This is why Adam sinned and died: critical analysis of the text in the morning/genesis shows that Adam already had the desire to eat of the said tree, and this desire to influence his refusal to obey the commandment of God. The woman is just a convenient excuse to hide his thoughts (Job 31:33). This will mean that the Adam only lusted over the woman as a means to achieve his motive.
Thank you for reading... kindly follow our weekly YouTube teachings for other discussions

https://youtube.com/@techobeys

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by ipobarecriminals: 1:57am On Mar 05, 2023
We are weak(the flesh is weak)
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Mar 05, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
Adam was not weak. Weakness is an excuse, not a reason. undecided
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by budaatum: 2:14am On Mar 05, 2023
Techobeys:
Why did Adam sin?
It’s known that Adam, the first man sinned,

It is understood by many that Adam sinned, but that would depend on what one understands.

If you are deprived of knowledge after being demoted from rule over the earth and the sea, to a common gardener in Eden, you might want to sin too to free yourself from slavery.

What amuses me is why not many are bold enough to say the entity sinned when it lied when it said "on the day you eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall surely die". After all, it is a sin to lie, but I guess many are more comfortable redefining the meaning of death in order to maintain what they've been told to believe than face the rather obvious that they see with their own eyes.

https://www.nairaland.com/7351620/story-adam-eve-makes-sense

https://www.nairaland.com/6795272/reeves-pass

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
budaatum:

It is understood by many that Adam sinned, but that would depend on what one understands.

If you are deprived of knowledge after being demoted from rule over the earth and the sea, to a common gardener in Eden, you might want to sin too to free yourself from slavery.

What amuses me is why not many are bold enough to say the entity sinned when it lied when it said "on the day you eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall surely die". After all, it is a sin to lie, but I guess many are more comfortable redefining the meaning of death in order to maintain what they've been told to believe than face the rather obvious that they see with their own eyes.

https://www.nairaland.com/7351620/story-adam-eve-makes-sense

https://www.nairaland.com/6795272/reeves-pass

Mr budda I think you need to actually take some time to study these things. Think beyond your limitation and meditate properly.

God said if he eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil he’ll die. What do you understand by death? In the two fold nature of life, death means lack of awareness. Lack of awareness is basically ignorance of what’s happening around.

How then do you imagine in your head that the tree is actually for reasoning? The tree made man ignorant and this is why people cannot think or meditate and realize certain things.

Kindly take some time to study, think and meditate or are you also dead?
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2023
ipobarecriminals:

The first human couple were perfect so there's no room for weakness, what Adam did was deliberate he has been nursing the intention Eve just happened to be his excuse that's why God's said Adam wasn't deceived {1Timothy 2:14} because God didn't speak to Eve directly regarding the forbidden fruit it was Adam who passed the information to Eve so it's impossible for Eve to have deceived the person God used to pass the information to her!
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by OgaNightmare(m): 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2023
Give us the historical and archaeological evidence for this fairy tale.
I'll wait 🤗

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
OgaNightmare:
I'll wait 🤗
Look up the meaning of foolishness while you wait! undecided
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by anukulapo: 4:09pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Adam was not weak. Weakness is an excuse, not a reason. undecided
Q - Why did the table break?
A - ... The wood is weak

The table wasn't weak. Weakness is an excuse, not a reason 😏

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by OgaNightmare(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't talk to psychiatric patients
Sorry, go back and finish your rehab

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by OgaNightmare(m): 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
A grown-ass man like you believing in a Jewish fairy tale of a talking snake and a special fruit that makes you discover that you were naked all the while immediately after eating it.
And this is the 21st century, no be everybody you go drag enter your delusion

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by MightySparrow: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
I think, apart from the deception of Satan, the judgment of God on the concerned which snowballed to generateational burden and the fate of the earth Isaiah 24:19, the programme of redemption of mankind, the cleansing of heaven...... The issue of sin is shrouded in some mystery understood only by God and Satan. Adam and Eve were just puns in the hands of the God and Satan.

The way Bible discribes sin that Jesus would save his people from is thought provoking.

Genesis 4:7
[7]If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
Sin looks more of a force beyond human control and that man needs assistance to overcome.

Matthew 1:21
[21]And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

1 John 3:9
[9[b]]Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
.[/b]

It has taken God six thousand years, yet the problem of eating the fruit has not been fully resolved. Death, the last enemy is not conquered yet.

Summary:
1. The secret of the forbidden fruit is between God and Satan, Adam knew little about its outcome.

2. Why God was so bitter to have cursed Satan, man, and earth that become problem for his earthly creation.

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2023
OgaNightmare:

I don't talk to psychiatric patients
Sorry, go back and finish your rehab
Look who's talking! undecided
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2023
anukulapo:

Q - Why did the table break?
A - ... The wood is weak

The table wasn't weak. Weakness is an excuse, not a reason 😏
I am afraid this is wrong way of thinking. Tables are usually made with a purpose and able to support up to but not above a maximum weight. So when you place on the table more than it is able to support, the problem isn't the table but ignorance on the part of the user. undecided

When man was made, He was certified to be in best working order meaning there was no weakness in him to cause a malfunctioning of the kind which your pastors and mogs have made you lot believe in. Weakness is an excuse fed you but not a reason. undecided
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2023
OgaNightmare:

A grown-ass man like you believing in a Jewish fairy tale of a talking snake and a special fruit that makes you discover that you were naked all the while immediately after eating it.
Not long ago, you were running around spreading JW doctrines. Now you are all about preaching 21st century. I wonder what is next on your delusion trail. undecided
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by dalass(f): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2023
OgaNightmare:

You are obviously a former Christian. Your signature shows that you wanna compete with king Solomon. Wasn't Solomon part of this Jewish fairy tale that you also believe in?

Many scientists, archeologists have the jewish fairy tales to thank for their many 'discoveries' and inventions.

Be careful about condemnation of the scriptures
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by budaatum: 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
Techobeys:

Mr budda I think you need to actually take some time to study these things. Think beyond your limitation and meditate properly.

God said if he eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil he’ll die.
Actually, we read in a book written by some people that God said.

Techobeys:
What do you understand by death? In the fold nature of life, death means lack of awareness. Lack of awareness is basically ignorance of what’s happening around.
Nonsense! Death means cessation of life. Discontinuation of living! When you die, your body will decompose and you will cease to exist.

Techobeys:
How then do you imagine in your head that the tree is actually for reasoning?
What happened to Eve after she ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Did she stop reasoning?

Techobeys:
The tree made man ignorant...
Really? Please state what happened to man after he ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Did man become ignorant, or was man ignorant before eating?

Techobeys:
Kindly take some time to study, think and meditate or are you also dead?
Kindly answer the questions that very alive me has asked you above. And if I can respond to your answers, we can then discuss if I am dead, and how dead me is capable of responding to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by kkins25(m): 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2023
budaatum:

Really? Please state what happened to man after he ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Did man become ignorant, or was man ignorant before eating?

grin grin grin. Funny, the average Christian's sense of heaven doesn't go beyond roaming about in some jungle with their jingle bells/portals-to-life covered with banana leaves tailored by the almighty himself.
A utopia, where lions, tigers, snakes, and all the cruel beasts of the land eat grass. If lions and other carnivores eat grass, what about the carnivores of the sea? But who am I to question the book that was "inspired" by God and written by men who would worship me if I traveled back in time to show them a TV or presented them with panadol tablet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by kkins25(m): 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Not long ago, you were running around spreading JW doctrines. Now you are all about preaching 21st century. I wonder what is next on your delusion trail. undecided

I wonder which is more delusional? to rebook the belief in the existence of a sky daddy, or
-to hold strong with all might, that once upon a time, a naked lady from the jungles of Ethiopia was convinced by a talking snake to eat from the tree of knowledge.
-to equally refuse to accept the undeniable fact that the biblical timeline for existence is flawed.

Show me one delusional atheist, and I shall show you 3.5 billion people, who strongly believe that an earthly object, that is, the trumpet, would be blown by the spirit mouth of a mighty angel who isn't human and shouldn't need a mouth, but lets' not go to critical thinking. critical thinking is for delusional folks according to Christians.

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by kkins25(m): 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid this is wrong way of thinking. Tables are usually made with a purpose and able to support up to but not above a maximum weight. So when you place on the table more than it is able to support, the problem isn't the table but ignorance on the part of the user. undecided
given that adam probably had the IQ of a 5-year-old, aren't you shooting yourself with this argument?

When man was made, He was certified to be in best working order meaning there was no weakness in him to cause a malfunctioning of the kind which your pastors and mogs have made you lot believe in. Weakness is an excuse fed you but not a reason. undecided
Shouldn't your "best" be in quotations? If there was no weakness? why did he succumb to temptation? Hmmmm?
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
kkins25:
■ given that adam probably had the IQ of a 5-year-old, aren't you shooting yourself with this argument?
■ Shouldn't your "best" be in quotations? If there was no weakness? why did he succumb to temptation? Hmmmm?
1. There is no such evidence of what you claim. As a matter of fact, Adam was instead the brightest among us all given he was made in the image of God. No other man since then can boast of any such. undecided

2. It is fine as it is. He did not succumb, instead, from what is written, Adam chose to go it alone without God. Learn to separate your assumptions from what is written and maybe you begin to see it as the writer presents it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
kkins25:
■I wonder which is more delusional? to rebook the belief in the existence of a sky daddy, or
-to hold strong with all might, that once upon a time, a naked lady from the jungles of Ethiopia was convinced by a talking snake to eat from the tree of knowledge.
-to equally refuse to accept the undeniable fact that the biblical timeline for existence is flawed.
■ Show me one delusional atheist, and I shall show you 3.5 billion people, who strongly believe that an earthly object, that is, the trumpet, would be blown by the spirit mouth of a mighty angel who isn't human and shouldn't need a mouth, but lets' not go to critical thinking. critical thinking is for delusional folks according to Christians.
1. Keep wondering! undecided

2. I used to be an atheist myself, and I still have friends who remain so to this day. And one thing I am certain of is that none of you here really are. So, don't even attempt that here. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by kkins25(m): 10:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Keep wondering! undecided

2. I used to be an atheist myself, and I still have friends who remain so to this day. And one thing I am certain of is that none of you here really are. So, don't even attempt that here. undecided

Because we like to quote the bible? 🤣 🤣
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by budaatum: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
kkins25:

I think it's because he "used to be an atheist", so he is now the authority on who is an atheist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
kkins25:
Nope undecided
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
budaatum:
..What amuses me is why not many are bold enough to say the entity sinned when it lied when it said "on the day you eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall surely die".

Devilatum! Because every normal person understood that it did not say "you shall die immediately" but that we should look out for a thing called death.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:24pm On Mar 05, 2023
OgaNightmare:
I'll wait 🤗

Your stupidity proves it 😁

Just like Adam you thought you were smart whereas you are a fool! 😁Original Adam'son/Adam'sin 😄
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 11:28pm On Mar 05, 2023
budaatum:

Actually, we read in a book written by some people that God said.

Nonsense! Death means cessation of life. Discontinuation of living! When you die, your body will decompose and you will cease to exist.

What happened to Eve after she ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Did she stop reasoning?

Kindly answer the questions that very alive me has asked you above. And if I can respond to your answers, we can then discuss if I am dead, and how dead me is capable of responding to you.

Which someone wrote the book that said they would die if they eat the tree? Is it not the same someone that made you aware of that tree? Would you ever have known of something called a tree if you hadn’t read the book?

Maybe it’s difficult for you to understand that life is two fold and there’s even a philosophical concept that explains this; dualism.

So it’s important to check the meaning of a statement in both realities especially when it doesn’t make sense in one. In the other reality, death means unawareness.

Adam and Eve didn’t immediately cease to live when they ate of the tree, but they did lack awareness or become unconscious. and Through psychology we know that humans are unconscious their own motives and wishes. How did this begin?

Have you studied anything on psychology? Do you know the term psychoanalysis? Are you aware that there’s an unconscious part of you? That is unawareness and that’s what God was talking about. That if they eat of the three, they’ll become unaware of their true self, that’s death.

Humans would probably have been aware of everything about themselves but bc they ate what they shouldn’t have eaten, humans are now unaware of their own motives and wishes and deep thoughts. If a man doesn’t even know his deeps thought, that man is already dead.

You’re most likely unaware of why you’re engaging this thread but I have psychoanalyzed you from the very first day I got on Nairaland and I know you’re ignorant of your own psychology.

Like I said earlier, take some time to study, and learn. It’ll do you great benefit. Good night.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
kkins25:

given that adam probably had the IQ of a 5-year-old, aren't you shooting yourself with this argument?

See why you atheists are delusional fools!

No 5 year old can think up an excuse when he is caught in a crime. They stand silent or start crying.

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 11:39pm On Mar 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See why you atheists are delusional fools!

No 5 year old can think up an excuse when he is caught in a crime. They stand silent or start crying.

Kindly watch your language Mr. Truth, are you speaking for Christ or yourself? I stopped writing on here for a while bc of people like you who only want to use the opportunity of every thread to rain curses and insulting words on others. Kindly behave yourself pls.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
Techobeys:

Kindly watch your language Mr. Truth, are you speaking for Christ or yourself? I stopped writing on here for a while bc of people like you who only want to use the opportunity of every thread to rain curses and insulting words on others. Kindly behave yourself pls.

2 Chronicles 19:2

“ Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.”
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 11:46pm On Mar 05, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Devilatum! Because every normal person understood that it did not say "you shall die immediately" but that we should look out for a thing called death.

This is great. I think that budda guy cannot think. I always avoided him bc of his shabby thinking. The “surely” is also certainly and eventually. It doesn’t in any way say it’s instant but he cannot think of these things bc he’s contained in a can of unthinking or lazy thinking. It’s said to see youths like this who cannot think but are quick to speak.

It’s really sad. Especially those who think they can be wiser than God. They end up becoming unthinking kinds bc if you run more than the light, then the light will cast your own shadow ahead of your and your life will become the inverse. Shadows are suppose to be behind a person but those go beyond the light get their own shadows in their front. What a sad reality. So sad for people like this Budda and those who call themselves atheists or whatever. I feel really sorry for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Commonwealth Of Zion To Rock Ilorin On 29th September / Bible Verses For Us All Out There Going Through One Problem Or The Other / The Most Influencial And Respected Traditional Leaders In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.