Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Do You Believe In Miracles? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Miracles? (8073 Views)

What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by sodiamond: 9:07am On Dec 20, 2020
There's nothing like miracle
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by JoeEeL(m): 9:07am On Dec 20, 2020
Pelecius:

Everyone believe one form of miracle or the other. Talking donkeys is definitely a strawman.
Some believe that an ALL POWERFUL God who made laws that giver the universe can 'specially' intervening in special way for very SPECIFIC purposes in a way that those laws seem to be modified for that SPECIFIC time.
Others have no entity who they can attribute Omnipotent to, yet they believe that Nothing made everything, clueless chemicals came together to form the most amazing machine known, first stars formed in a way that defy known laws of nature (another miracle) and so on. It get worse that if you disagree or expose such things, you would be insulted and may lose grants, tenures and standing in even in academia (talk about religious persecution)

Your second paragraph need to be checked under philosophical lens. The question is why do we do good? Why do we do bad? What is even the standard for what is good or bad?

So it's not a Nigerian thing bro

Thx bro.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 9:09am On Dec 20, 2020
A miracle is anything that simply defies the existing laws governing the earth; be it laws of physics, chemistry, biology or even human nature.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Mckhala80(m): 9:10am On Dec 20, 2020
who doesn't beleive in miracle except an unbeleiver. Our God is a miracle working God for sure.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by sonmvayina(m): 9:18am On Dec 20, 2020
Deuteronomy 13....a good read
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Myer(m): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I am a miracle myself.

God didn't need to do a miracle outside for me to believe in miracles. He did a miracle in me. And I can't believe myself that I am now who I am, because it's a miracle that only God could have done.

God bless.

Simple question, yet you chose to be evasive.

Typical cliches your pastors feed into your head because no signs follow them to prove they're followers of Christ. Mark 16:17

Did Jesus himself not say people wont believe without signs? John 4:48
And for that he and his disciples performed lots of signs and wonders.

But the average Christian keeps repeating the same evasive cliches above cos they have no signs.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Dagz007(m): 9:28am On Dec 20, 2020
kingxsamz:
Miracles don't exist. It has never existed.
In this part of the world, people are too religious or gullible to be deceived easily by mere men who claim to have power to solve people's problems. That's why church is a lucrative business in this part of the world.
Think about it. Pastors claim to cure Hiv, leprosy, change one's genotype, travel for miles without fuel, raise the dead and so on. But have you ever asked yourself why none of them have ever performed miracle on an amputee so that the amputee's legs would grow back?
Exactly, because they know it's not possible. Abi faith can move mountains? So why can't it grow lost body parts?

Bro, it is even a miracle that despite all you still choose to think and believe this.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by amliftedhigher: 9:30am On Dec 20, 2020
Yes. I am a living testimony
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by UCHIHAmask: 9:54am On Dec 20, 2020
Omooba77:
Do you believe in Miracles?
Omooba77:
Do you believe in Miracles?
forget all these people saying "i'm a miracle myself",deir own dey deir body simple question dem dey talk another thing...we dey talk real unexplainable things/miracles no be all dis "i had an accident" "i passed an exam even while i was sick" "arm robber came to our street but didn't enter our house" "i fell down from car but didn't die" "stray bullet almost killed me",all this ones can easily be debunked by an atheist,especially the situation where people fall in churches that is now counted as signs and wonders....

i strongly believe in miracles(powerful divine manifestation of the unexplainable as seen in the Bible) and the power of LIGHT(GOD) although i haven't directly experienced one because i have seen dark powers at play,i saw scientifically impossible manipulations achieved openly with dark powers

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Xyclix: 10:14am On Dec 20, 2020
Yes.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 10:21am On Dec 20, 2020
kingxsamz:
In this part of the world, people are too religious or gullible to be deceived easily by mere men who claim to have power to solve people's problems. That's why church is a lucrative business in this part of the world.
Think about it. Pastors claim to cure Hiv, leprosy, change one's genotype, travel for miles without fuel, raise the dead and so on. But have you ever asked yourself why none of them have ever performed miracle on an amputee so that the amputee's legs would grow back?
Exactly, because they know it's not possible. Abi faith can move mountains? So why can't it grow lost body parts?
The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord
GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
And ye shall know that I am the
LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
Read full chapter
Ezekiel 36 Ezekiel 38
Ezekiel 37:1-14
King James Version

Luke 1:37
with God nothing is impossible
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Oluwaseun2020(m): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2020
The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord
GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
And ye shall know that I am the
LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
Read full chapter
Ezekiel 36 Ezekiel 38
Ezekiel 37:1-14
King James Version

with God nothing shall be impossible
luke 1:37

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Phraences: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2020
I believe. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Truefaith: 10:54am On Dec 20, 2020
Trgd
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Truefaith: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2020
Rhf
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Trustedpro: 11:07am On Dec 20, 2020
I believe in Miracle but not the one pastors display on television.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Felalucky8(m): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

May God bless the mama wey born you and your papa and also double your hustle this coming 2021
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by EjaikreTheViper(f): 11:44am On Dec 20, 2020
Omooba77:

Miracles are real, that you are still alive is a miracle!

Make we hear word abeg
What about innocent children that died through violence and terrorism?
Didn't they deserve these miracles too?
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by bluefilm: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2020
Nein.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by prince2pac(m): 11:49am On Dec 20, 2020
I believe in miracles, but I have never experienced one
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by IMAliyu(m): 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
If miracle defined as a supernatural event that suspends all natural laws. Then, No.

If defined as a fortunate outcome that prevails despite overwhelming odds against it. Then still no I don't expect it, but yes it does happen.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Map1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nuyokoi:
yes
can we chat on watsapp +2348050261602
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by twilliamx(m): 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
I need one
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by banmee(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
Yup. For sure. That Nigeria still exists is a miracle.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by orunto27: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life. That is a Miracle I believe in.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
kingxsamz:
A man of God has healed someone with disabled leg and the person's leg grew. You are too carnal and that is your problem.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by kingxsamz(m): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nuttella:
A man of God has healed someone with disabled leg and the person's leg grew. You are too carnal and that is your problem.

Please I don't want mere stories.
Post pictures and videos. Not audio stories.
Besides, I'm talking about an amputee's lost leg, so know the difference.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
I believe in miracles, I have prayed and healed someone before, a dangerous insect bit me, my hand got swollen, I prayed and I got my healing immediately.

Also my life itself is a miracle, there are behavioral sins I was committing in the past, even if someone rise from the dead and tell me that I can stop those sins, I will say its a lie but God touched me with his righteous right hand and ever since then, I have never committed those sins again. Its a very big miracle. My God is a miraculous God.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

Please I don't want mere stories.
Post pictures and videos. Not audio stories.
Besides, I'm talking about an amputee's lost leg, so know the difference.
Only a fool says there is no God and nothing like miracle.
Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by kingxsamz(m): 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nuttella:
Only a fool says there is no God and nothing like miracle.

Please go and cry somewhere else abeg.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Miracles? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2020
kingxsamz:

I should go and ask religious doctors and nurses if miracles exist?
Lol... You're funny.
If you can prove to me that an amputee's leg can grow back through prayers, I'd believe. Infact, I'll convert to Christianity today.
I rebuke the demon in you that don't want you to believe God and I pray for the salvation of your soul. Come for deliverance smiley.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prayer Postures / MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL" / Was Jesus Christ Crucified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.