Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

where to - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / where to (6237 Views)

A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: where to by Jus4c: 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2020
Adex2442:

Woow thank u. U have given me great hope. Pls what's the duration.. Masters usa

It depends. Some programs run for two years (four semesters), while some run for one year ( three semesters: Spring, Summer and Fall)
If you evaluate your credential, and put up a decent score in your GRE, you could secure a Graduate Assistantship which comes with full funding and a monthly stipend to take good care of yourself. You could be in the USA studying Master's Fall of 2021 if you are really keen about the move.

1 Like

Re: where to by rhynoemmie(m): 2:34am On Dec 23, 2020
rhynoemmie:

I'll post my findings here in case there's someone else that wants to try that route too. Hope it's allowed

From the DAAD website, I don't think there's still scholarship opportunities for Nigerians, maybe there is but I didn't see any while searching but I also cane across another site which also lists available achorlaships and place of study with the requirements (bachelors, undergraduates, masters, PhD) that kind tin. Its still ongoing if anyone's interested.
Here is the link.
https://www.scholars4dev.com/
Re: where to by Princewillalex(m): 1:19am On Dec 24, 2020
Hannania:
You need a bsc to get to masters in US. Try going through a one year top up program at a private university
Re: where to by zuzman(m): 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
Please do u know of any center one can obtain the B1 certificate in German language in Abuja?
Hannania:
For non-EU citizens, its 6 months. During that period, you can work for 15hr/week. After the six months is over and you don't get a job, you have to leave the country.
My advice:
1. Learn German or French to B1 level before you graduate(depending on your catone)
2. Engage in internships during super breaks to get to feel the opportunities.

Note: Switzerland is one of the most expensive nations to live in, but they pay crazy salaries also which only USA can compete with.
Re: where to by Hannania(m): 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
zuzman:
Please do u know of any center one can obtain the B1 certificate in German language in Abuja?
I formally know of Goethe institute, but they only do so in lagos now
Re: where to by zuzman(m): 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2020
Thanks alot
Hannania:
I formally know of Goethe institute, but they only do so in lagos now

1 Like

Re: where to by Mode4: 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
Jus4c:

It depends. Some programs run for two years (four semesters), while some run for one year ( three semesters: Spring, Summer and Fall)
If you evaluate your credential, and put up a decent score in your GRE, you could secure a Graduate Assistantship which comes with full funding and a monthly stipend to take good care of yourself. You could be in the USA studying Master's Fall of 2021 if you are really keen about the move.

Did you say full funding? Like I won't pay school fees or any of the other fees?
Re: where to by 1beat(m): 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
kudos to the Guru in this group giving explanation God bless you all

please I need answer to this questions

1, is it true that students on scholarship aren't allow to work
2, is it true that students that gain scholarship will be send back to their country after studies
3, between block account and sponsorship letter which one is more regard.

2 Likes

Re: where to by Hannania(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2021
1beat:
kudos to the Guru in this group giving explanation God bless you all

please I need answer to this questions

1, is it true that students on scholarship aren't allow to work
2, is it true that students that gain scholarship will be send back to their country after studies
3, between block account and sponsorship letter which one is more regard.
Answers to your questions are relative depending on country you find your self.

1.Depending on scholarships, some allow, while some deduct from your work e.g DAAD in Germany. in US, you're only allowed to work 20hr/w. if you get a TA or GA, its gonna take that 20hr/w and cover your tuition and stipends. extra work is illegal.

2.Also, this is relative depending on scholarship. but you most often get 6-24months depending on country to look for jobs after your studies. USA has OTP(2yrs), Germany (18months) UK(2yrs) Switzerland(6mths) etc.

3. Block acct and SL serve same purpose.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

F2 Visa Denied. I Have No Clue / What Is The Cheapest Flight To Houston Texas, Us From Nigeria. / BONNY ISLAND - Where Can I Board A Ship Going There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.