Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? (1292 Views)

*fresh Letting* Miniflat With Modern Facilities Pop Screeded Wall 1t 1b *gated / To Let A Lovely Miniflat With Pop Screeded Wall,car Park ,2toilets, Upstairs Cl / Why Is My Screeded Wall Peeling Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by sleekyonyx(f): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
Hello nairalanders, my screeded wall is bulging, any idea on why this is happening??
It’s not up to two years I moved into this apartment.
I’ve attached pics below

Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by LawLab247: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
Moisture
Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by Officialgarri: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
Capillary action.

Water from the ground.
Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by mufutau55(m): 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
@Gbadexy
Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by engrMikemd(m): 5:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
most caused by water
Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by IamD18: 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
Simply because it was wrongly screeded and supervised by an Engr who didn't pay attention to either material used, wrong mix ratio, poor water guage during the screeding process and all that.

I might be wrong to say that it's as a result of a wrong condite water piping.

But then, if the dampness of your area is high, then there are possibilities that the house didn't go through a proper damp-proofing process during construction.

Light, network and road happens to be the major things most people look out for before renting an apartment, neglecting the structural basic things.

Kindly get an Engr to help fix it before it gets out of hand and pray it wasn't caused by bad damp proofing, else you'll have to pack out.
Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by Omihanifa: 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2020
Almost all the buildings in Abuja have this issue
undecided very soon you clothes and shoes will start having moulds on them embarassed am talking from experience
Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by Kondomatic(m): 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2020
Trapped spiritual husband is making way to crawl out.
Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by gbadexy(m): 6:22pm On Dec 13, 2020
They've said it all, it's ground water trying to escape to the surface.
The blisters are water pushing against the paint in an attempt to go out.
I hope the paint is not oil based gloss though.
The original paint under seems to fare better.
Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by fehintiola324: 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
Almost all the buildings in Abuja have this issue very soon you clothes and shoes will start having moulds on them am talking from experience
Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by Fonyeri(m): 1:05am On Dec 14, 2020
It's due to rising damp.
The solution:-
Scrape off all paints and screeding to the substrate.
Then apply 2 or 3 coat of dulux damp seal or Isonem super components,when dried completely the surface should be rescreeded and then painted with a matt emulsion to allow surface to be breathable.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is My Screeded Wall Bulging??? by utepu: 5:52am On Dec 14, 2020
It is a common problem with houses in Abuja. Surest solution is to lay tiles on the wall from the beginning when you are building new. But where building is not new and has been occupied and painted before, it is advisable to re- plaster the lower course of the wall before laying the tiles. I hope this help.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About SOLAR FREEZER / How Much Will It Cost To Tile A 3 Bedroom Flat? / GRANITES / GRAVEL (full 30 Tonnes Truck) PRICES (Nationwide )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.