Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

"Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) (631 Views)

Why Terror Attack On Nigeria’s Kuje Prison Was Successful (pics) / Prophet Odumeje Visits Senator Orji Kalu (photos) / Okorocha & His Wife Visit Orji Uzor Kalu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by Kosiso12(f): 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
"Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu

...urges Nigerian to embrace, love

Former Abia State Governor and Chief Whip of the Senate, Dr. Orji Kalu, has described his incarceration as an eye opener, pointing out that his experience in prison helped him to discover many things he never thought could possibly happen in our clime.

IGBERE TV gathered that the Senate Chief Whip, made the remark at the Love World Incorporated, otherwise known as Christ Embassy, Ikeja, where he chose to render deserved Thanksgiving to God, for turning the situation around for good.

His words: "I am happy that I went to prison. I went to prison and I am out. I am happy because, going to prison has made me a refined, better and more forward looking man."
He continued: "I went to prison and discovered many secrets that I never believed that could happen."

The former Governor and business mogul, however, disclosed that prior to his incarceration, the General Overseer of Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyekhilome, had foretold that he would be imprisoned.

"Pastor Chris told me that I will go to prison but I didn't believe that can happen. I remember that I visited him; and after praying here in this church, I was about to go to the airport to catch my flight to Abuja," Dr Orji said.

He  told me that he has something to tell me,  but that unfortunately it is bad news. "You will go to prison,' the pastor said. I said it is impossible. Pastor Chris told me that nothing can change it; but added that God will bring me out and that he will keeping praying for me.
Kalu explained that he had known Oyekhilome for 28 years, adding that he had on several occasions disagreed with the cleric each time he made predictions concerning him.  but at the end of the day, the Pastor's predictions would come to pass.

"When this prophesy came to pass, I didn't want to give this testimony. I am a chore Catholic and I don't believe anything prophesy. I didn't want to give testimony; but because this one concerns me I decided to testify. I think from now, I will begin to agree with his predictions," the Senate Chief Whip conceded.
After he departed from Christ Embassy, the Senate Chief Whip was hosted by the EZe Igbo of Ikeja, Eze Uche Dimgba, the Eze Udo 1 of Ojodu; in company of other Eze Igbos in charge of different parts of Lagos.

Kalu stressed that there is so much hatred among Nigerians"From the Atlantic to the Sahara. Hence, he urged Nigerians to embrace peace and begin to build bridges of love for a better Nigeria."

Commenting on the forthcoming Local Government election in Abia State, the Senator admonished the state Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, and the people of Abia State to ensure a free and fair election.

"I believe in constitutional democracy and I urge the Governor to make sure that there is no rigging during the election. In my village, Igbere, we vote freely without caring who emerges winner. Nigeria should learn constitutional democracy from my village," he said.

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

https://igberetvnews.com/1375227/going-prison-eye-opener-sen-kalu/

Re: "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by Vidsolution79: 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2020
Hmm...you are still going back there...

Let me design your logo, banner and flyer...its affordable. Check my signature for my contact details now!
Re: "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by helinues: 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2020
Only if credible person would be elected in Nigeria..

Prison should be the retirement home for some of our politicians
Re: "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by kmst1: 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
He will now be smarter at the looting

Lmao cheesy
Re: "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by IamD18: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
Abia state politicians are the worst set of politicians in Igbo land.
Re: "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 13, 2020
helinues:
Only if credible person would be elected in Nigeria..

Prison should be the retirement home for some of our politicians

Re: "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by Bkayyy: 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2020
And so?
Re: "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by itsme01: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
Happy man.... Not everyone can beat consiquences of a crime like fraud
Re: "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by LawLab247: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ok
Re: "Going To Prison Was Eye Opener" - Sen. Kalu (photos) by Fahdiga1: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2020
You will soon return there. thief

(1) (Reply)

It Is Time To Recall All The Southeast Governors / President Buhari Has Committed Impeachable Offence –Ologbondiyan / Asher Hotel Demolition: El Rufai Has Set A Very Bad Precedent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.