Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,952 members, 7,817,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) (1404 Views)

BBC Documentary On Cultism A Political Move Ahead Of 2023 Elections - Adebowale / IPOB: Nigerians In America Write Trump, Seek Immediate Clampdown On IPOB / Just In: Gov. Ugwuanyi Of Enugu state returns, Clears All 17 Lgas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Kosiso12(f): 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (Photos)

~Roles Out Christmas Package For Civil Servants

~Announces Second Phase Of Palliative Distribution To Less Privileged In The State.

The Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Umahi has charged Christians to always keep their vows to the Lord to attract more blessings,Igbere TV reports.

He gave the charge during a special Thanksgiving of the first family at Christ Embassy Church, Mile 50, Abakaliki.

The Governor said his family and Ebonyi State had reasons to thank God for all the achievements and progress in the State as the year ended and described his wife Mrs. Rachel Umahi as a worthy supporter of the wonderful development in the State.

"it is said that behind every successful man, there is a woman, this woman has been instrumental to the transformation ongoing in the State of Ebonyi "

He enjoined leaders to always build for the future to bequeath more prosperous years ahead.

Governor Umahi thanked members of the Church and Christians across the State for their prayers which he said has taken the State to greater heights and saved it from tribulations including Covid19.

He applauded President Muhammadu Buhari for supporting the transformation ongoing in the State and reiterated that his administration cannot be distracted from pursuing the development agenda saying the State must continue to prosper according to the Lord's directive.

"Christians always make mistakes because they don't appreciate God"

The Governor reiterated that his defection to the APC was on the orders of the Lord, noting that it will bring more glories to Ebonyi State.

Governor Umahi while announcing that he has forgiven his detractors emphasized that a full blown war against cultism will soon be launched and that there will be no sacred cows.

"...if God be God and I remain David, they will know that no one can battle with the Lord"

"The school that was shut because of cultism shall remain shut.

"In the past few days, we have had very terrible cult activities but let me warn that we are starting war against culstism again. No matter whom you are, I will not spare you.

"We have people we have arrested in the cell, they are going to give us the names of those who are in cult in Ebonyi State and I will come after them.

"So, I want to assure the state that we are working for the absolute security for the state."

He announced the approval for distribution to Civil Servants a bag of rice and 10,000 Naira each to enable them celebrate Christmas with their families.

The Governor equally disclosed that between 18th and 20th of December, the state will be distributing another phase of palliative to Ebonyians. "We said that between 17th to 20th, we will be sharing palliative again at the polling units.

"There will be no party. Give to everybody as listed in the pooling units. We are giving to the Lord."

Earlier in a sermon, the Pastor in-charge of Christ Embassy Church Mile 50 Abakaliki, Pastor Eunice Oyeyemi admonished Christians to be decisive in Thanksgiving to God as a way of making him feel appreciated.

She said God has the ability to provide requisite answers to every predicament and enjoined them to trust in the Lord by faith at all times.

"irrespective of whatever they have, with the name of Jesus, you can defeat anything. At the mention of the Jesus's name , every knee must bow".

While likening the tribulations of 2020 as sign of tough times, Pastor Oyeyemi charged the congregation to hold to God in prayer to surmount the challenges.

She applauded Governor David Nweze Umahi for the transformation in the State and expressed hope that the Governor would complete all ongoing projects in the State before bowing out of power.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1375242/just-gov-umahi-announces-clampdown-cultism-photos/

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Nwodosis(m): 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
grin Good one, but he can only win the war if he's not a product of it!
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by owobokiri(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2020
What kind of suit is this?

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2020
Wearing a cultist suit...
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by mightyhazel: 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2020
he should clamp down on killer herdsmen as well
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by tyup(m): 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
shocked

Well in my own opinion, clamping down on cultism in Ebonyi would mean having 90% of Ebonyi yoot arrested or killed as we all know cultism is the rising n fast developing youth empowerment in the Ebonyi state
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by LawLab247: 7:15pm On Dec 13, 2020
Ok
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by flyingpig: 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
NwaNimo1:
for your mind
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by flyingpig: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
tyup:
shocked

Well in my own opinion, clamping down on cultism in Ebonyi would mean having 90% of Ebonyi yoot arrested or killed as we all know cultism is the rising n fast developing youth empowerment in the Ebonyi state
mynd44
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Fahdiga1: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
Umahi himself is a cultist
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by flyingpig: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2020
owobokiri:
What kind of suit is this?
brain drain, left the news content to look at fashion.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by flyingpig: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Umahi himself is a cultist
yoruba haters grin
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Sammy07: 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2020
flyingpig:
yoruba haters grin

The guy isn't Yoruba.
Check his post history before accusing the wrong tribe
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by flyingpig: 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2020
NwaNimo1:
anambra hater ;Ddrink your tears. So sad you people are interested in vp while ebonyi is interested in presidency grin low ballers

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by flyingpig: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2020
Sammy07:

The guy isn't Yoruba.
Check his post history before accusing the wrong tribe
sorry about that. E no go pass anambra family. They prefer vp position to presidency so they backstab whoever can rise above them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Chigboboss: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2020
mightyhazel:
he should clamp down on killer herdsmen as well

You sound like a cultist.

Say no to cultism.

It is low key taking over the SE/SS but we are distracted.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by owobokiri(m): 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2020
flyingpig:
brain drain, left the news content to look at fashion.

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by mightyhazel: 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2020
Chigboboss:

You sound like a cultist.

Say no to cultism.

It is low key taking over the SE/SS but we are distracted.
while you sound like a herdsman

terrorist herdsmen are not less of a menace in the southeast..
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Chigboboss: 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2020
mightyhazel:
while you sound like a herdsman

terrorist herdsmen are not less of a menace in the southeast..

Like I said you sound like a cultist you've been defending them on this thread.

Thunder fire herdsmen and cultists and our wicked politicians and their defenders.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by mightyhazel: 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2020
Chigboboss:

Like I said you sound like a cultist you've been defending them on this thread.

Thunder fire herdsmen and cultists and our wicked politicians and their defenders.
You no know where dey pain u.. Gbalu ogwu gi
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Sparky01: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
mightyhazel:
so you're truly a cultist. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Chigboboss: 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
mightyhazel:

Na you sabi.

Stop defending cultism in our land.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by mightyhazel: 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
Sparky01:
so you're truly a cultist. grin grin grin grin
what makes u think so? or u just demented?
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by mightyhazel: 8:45pm On Dec 13, 2020
Chigboboss:

Na you sabi.

Stop defending cultism in our land.
where did i defend cultism or is this another case of dementia?

when did asking to add terrorism to the list of eradication now mean i support cultism?
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Chigboboss: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2020
mightyhazel:
where did i defend cultism or is this another case of dementia?

when did asking to add terrorism to the list of eradication now mean i support cultism?

Very good.

Desist from insults.

Don't support cultism under any excuse.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by mightyhazel: 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2020
Chigboboss:

Very good.

Desist from insults.

Don't support cultism under any excuse.
i never did.. your brain was just doing flips.. if u had any sense u would apologise for brash accusations and insults
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Chigboboss: 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2020
mightyhazel:
i never did.. your brain was just doing flips

Insults will not help you.

Cultism will not help you.

Choose wisdom instead.

There is nothing wrong with Umahis statement so I only quoted you because you attacked him without cause.

Or is this your problem?

"We have people we have arrested in the cell, they are going to give us the names of those who are in cult in Ebonyi State and I will come after them.
Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Calabar1stSon: 10:42pm On Dec 13, 2020
This one wey IgbereTV don turn the spotlight to Enugu State laidis, e mean say Umahi go soon get award be that!

Re: JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Announces Clampdown On Cultism (photos) by Sparky01: 10:27am On Dec 14, 2020
mightyhazel:
what makes u think so? or u just demented?
you're scared of saying Amen to his prayers.. cheesy grin grin grin lowlife cultist.. We go soon see your topic for nairaland front page...

(1) (Reply)

Repentant Terrorists To Enjoy Foreign Education – Senate Bill / Ijaw People Should Respect Igbo People What Nonsense / Election Will Not Hold In Anambra - Simon Ekpa Insists, Followers React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.