Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 (46699 Views)

K-1 Visa To US Citizenship In 5 Year W/no Rfi’s | Let Me Show You How / What Bourdillon, Ikoyi Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) / Top 7 Countries To Migrate From Nigeria In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by chozzy: 3:31am On Dec 14, 2020

Sad but true

Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by kraftysprouts: 3:55am On Dec 14, 2020
SmartPolician:

Tribalism, religion, and nepotism are killing the black man.

Please let's split Nigeria in peace.

This country is not working and we all know it.

A country where everyone is looking for an opportunity to defraud it can never succeed.

Chinua Achebe recalled that many people who worked for Biafra during the war did it without asking for pay. If people are not willing to sacrifice for their country, that country is finished.

Rich Nigerians don't know that people made sacrifices with their lives to take those places they are running to where they are today. Nigerians don't have patriotism; we are only interested in wrecking the country for our personal gains.

Chinua Achebe recalled that many people who worked for Biafra during the war did it without asking for pay. If people are not willing to sacrifice for their country, that country is finished.

This doesn't exist in the ruling class of Nigeria... Am sure when you read his book you saw it?
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by kraftysprouts: 3:57am On Dec 14, 2020
Abagworo:

Our problem stems more from population explosion than what you mentioned. Our source of income has increased little over the years whereas our population has increased astronomically. India is our partner while China controlled theirs for 3 decades with child bearing limit. You can see the difference when you compare China, India and Nigeria.

Always something to blame instead of the politicians from Balewa government to Buhari government (again) nothing has changed
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by Yankee101: 3:58am On Dec 14, 2020
The ship is sinking, if no remedial trajectory is triggered..the elite know this and are preparing with lifeboats

The ship's captain has no idea about how navigation, technology or even the stars assist in reaching dry land

He's down in the ship's hull smoking, eating, drinking sour milk and having sex
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by kraftysprouts: 3:59am On Dec 14, 2020
mmsen:

Actually they do.

Those Indians and Lebanese are forever buying citizenship in Nigeria, Lebanese even more now that their country has completely collapsed.

Coming to another one that will soon collapse patapata.
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by kraftysprouts: 4:01am On Dec 14, 2020
bigfish3k:

Restructuring is the answer

The north is looking for a way to get upper hand in the restructuring before they implement.

It will be a shame to the south if the north get upper hands again and a big disappointment
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by kraftysprouts: 4:04am On Dec 14, 2020
CSTRR:
Failed state syndrome.

The day we investigate the amount of dollars Nigerians in Nigeria are investing in US stocks, we will be shock.

Everybody is divesting from NIgeria.
Even Me i am already buying American stocks.

Nigeria is so far gone.

And when Some people try to protest, fellow Nigerians will tell them not to rock the boat.

And then I start wondering if we are all in the same Nigeria.

We are not the same Nigerians o
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 14, 2020
kraftysprouts:

The north is looking for a way to get upper hand in the restructuring before they implement.

It will be a shame to the south if the north get upper hands again and a big disappointment

Restructuring will not change anything, mark my words! They are just using big English to confuse you. What is restructuring, is it not resource control by each region? If the present governors, state house of assembly members who are full bred indigenes of their respective states are still stealing from the 40% resource control of their state, even if you give them 90% resource control, they will just end up stealing more.

The solution is to change the system, so that even if the devil becomes president tomorrow, the system already put in place will force him to be uncorruptible. A democratic system works only for the people who truly knows how the system works and educate themselves properly. Democracy is a process and when people know how that process works, they will use it to their full advantage. If the masses doesn't know how democracy works, they will be helpless and wallow in an endless cycle of peril. Nigerians don't know how to use democracy cos they don't read.

In a Democratic system, every elected official elected by the people or rigged election can be recalled at anytime if the people know how to wield the enormous power of the pen. So Nigerians need to learn how to go through the process of recall- reelect- recall -reelect. It is not just by doing election and campaign dancing, they need to know how the other side works too.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by kraftysprouts: 4:25am On Dec 14, 2020
Jupiter7:

Restructuring will not change anything, mark my words! They are just using big English to confuse you. What is restructuring, is it not resource control by each region? If the present governors, state house of assembly members who are full bred indigenes of their respective states are still stealing from the 40% resource control of their state, even if you give them 90% resource control, they will just end up stealing more.

The solution is to change the system, so that even if the devil becomes president tomorrow, the system already put in place will force him to be uncorruptible. A democratic system works only for the people who truly knows how the system works and educate themselves properly. Democracy is a process and when people know how that process works, they will use it to their full advantage. If the masses doesn't know how democracy works, they will be helpless and wallow in an endless cycle of peril. Nigerians don't know how to use democracy cos they don't read.

In a Democratic system, every elected official elected by the people or rigged election can be recalled at anytime if the people know how to wield the enormous power of the pen. So Nigerians need to learn how to go through the process of recall- reelect- recall -reelect. It is not just by doing election and campaign dancing, they need to know how the other side works too.

Does Nigerians have the power you are talking about? The restructuring will also put power in the hands of the people.

So corrupt coupists brought up generals do not go about shooting people because their political masters demand it
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by Nobody: 4:33am On Dec 14, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Guy you made my laughter burstout...." IDP country ".

Corruption destroyed this country not PMB, moreover PMB is also a victim of corruption & nepotism. Let's unite & end this corruption for our better tomorrow.

Thank you very much. Nigerians are very quick to point fingers on faces that are very far from them when the problem is with them inside their own house. When Goodluck was in power, everyone was on Goodluck/Patience case, now another face has entered, finger pointing continues. When buhari goes and another face enters power,, ehen that face will be the new finger pointing victim. They don't know they have the power to change things themselves.

Stop pointing at faces, people need to learn how the process of election recall- reelect works. 95% of Nigerians don't know who is their Local government chairman. That is the arm of government that is supposed to be closest to the masses. They don't even care to know sef.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 14, 2020
kraftysprouts:

Does Nigerians have the power you are talking about? The restructuring will also put power in the hands of the people.

So corrupt coupists brought up generals do not go about shooting people because their political masters demand it

Why do you think Nigerians don't have the power to do this?? Why do you think Nigerians don't have the power to recall and reelect. Restructuring only transfer power to the same corrupt politicians and corrupt political system.
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by kraftysprouts: 4:49am On Dec 14, 2020
Jupiter7:

Why do you think Nigerians don't have the power to do this?? Why do you think Nigerians don't have the power to recall and reelect. Restructuring only transfer power to the same corrupt politicians and corrupt political system.

If the system is put in place to perform optimally then everything will be OK, even in America there's corruption but because everyone is independent it's a bit reduced and difficult.

If Nigerians have power soldiers won't shoot at them

Simple recall process won't take you to a mountain top

There's no NATIONALISM in our politicians
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 14, 2020
kraftysprouts:

If the system is put in place to perform optimally then everything will be OK, even in America there's corruption but because everyone is independent it's a bit reduced and difficult.

If Nigerians have power soldiers won't shoot at them

Simple recall process won't take you to a mountain top

There's no NATIONALISM in our politicians

I support restructuring oo, but restructuring can only bring benefit to the masses when we get rid of corruption first. As you rightly pointed out, there is no NATIONALISM in our politicians. So why not recall those politicians.
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by kraftysprouts: 5:08am On Dec 14, 2020
Jupiter7:

I support restructuring oo, but restructuring can only bring benefit to the masses when we get rid of corruption first. As you rightly pointed out, there is no NATIONALISM in our politicians. So why not recall those politicians.

Have you seen anyone resign on it's own or a successful recall?

IBB deputy then resigned after IBB included us in an Islamic union (that's the only one i read about)

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by kraftysprouts: 5:09am On Dec 14, 2020
Jupiter7:

If the people are serious about restructuring and make sure there are mechanism in place those corrupt politicians cannot do shiit
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by blackpanda: 5:33am On Dec 14, 2020
IMASTEX:
People initially fled the country for economic reasons but now security has been added to the list. If not for strict immigration policy by other countries, 90% of Nigerians would have been long gone.

Better for the rest of us. Make dem go make I acquire free houses grin
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by ultimateprof: 6:26am On Dec 14, 2020
paix:
From the fastest growing economy to the poverty capital of the world.

I wish you the same oh!
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:58am On Dec 14, 2020
Kennyking1234:
I use chaka there commission is high. Is investbamboo any better?

Please look into Trading212, Robinhood and eToro.
Commission free I read.
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by aribs(m): 7:19am On Dec 14, 2020
sweetmelanin:
Over the 60 year period of Nigeria's "independence", a handful of approx 8000 - 10000 ministers, senators, governors, presidents etc..(most of which are recycled into the position of power over and over again), have destroyed a highly promising nation, stolen our wealth and subjected 200+million citizens to poverty, frustration and lack.

These same individuals have then used stolen wealth to purchase citizenship of other nations for themselves and their families, thus leaving the masses to wallow in a state of hopelessness.

Hmmm.

P.S. This is why I warn people to stop listening to Phrankleen on Youtube... selling false hope that Nigeria is better than abroad. Our dear country is done for with no recovery in sight

Phrankleen says that ? Never heard him say this or maybe I am missing an episode where he said this . I know he has acknowledged systemic racism which can exist in the West but to directly say Nigeria is better is something I have not heard him say but again I may be missing something
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 14, 2020
ednut1:
Even me wey no get money i wrote ielts 7 times. Because i knew i had to japa. Make my unborn no con dey curse me. God bless Canada grin
Bros abeg give me clue abt the exam. What do you expect. How come u wrote ielts exams for seven times and you nor make any? Calculation dey? Abeg brief me
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:15am On Dec 14, 2020
ednut1:
its not hard. I was only unlucky. I usually passed 3 modules, but one module i needed 7,i was scoring 6.5

Oh okay..
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by Novelman(f): 10:18am On Dec 14, 2020
no security, what do you expect guys to do
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by paix(m): 11:44am On Dec 14, 2020
ultimateprof:

I wish you the same oh!
I wish you the best
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by ednut1(m): 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2020
Blyzz:
Bros abeg give me clue abt the exam. What do you expect. How come u wrote ielts exams for seven times and you nor make any? Calculation dey? Abeg brief me
google am na

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by AntiNigerian: 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2020
golddust6000:
stop what? Why not find something doing to better your life, must government help you?

Do you know that 1out of 5 Europeans are debtors? They all live in debt, thank god we don’t have dat kind of system in Nigeria.
chineke kpoo gi öku! Onye oshi nwuru anwu! You're one of the corrupt fools enjoying the miserable condition the zoo is facing. Pls nobody should listen to this guy, his likes will never do well in any first world country, they'll rather live in a corrupt system since they know they can try nonsense and go Scot free! Rubbish!
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by AntiNigerian: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
gypsey:
Yes! These same european countries Nigerians are escaping to. Sometimes I cannot understand the mindset of some Nigerians epecially these people taking this huge amount to other countries and boosting those countries economies rather than boost Nigeria's economy, It is really bizzare.
the zoo is a terrible place! The 3rd worst nation on Earth! Somalia will soon become a paradise compared to that zoo called Nigger-Area! Pls if you have friends who want to come over here and invest, i tell you it's not advisable! This shit hole must go down!
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by AntiNigerian: 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
hush15:

I didn't read that epistle but I know we ain't done buying yet. Even Nigeria itself needs dual citizenship
into Nigger-Area and Biafra grin
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by AntiNigerian: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
Obakoolex:
I will always love my dear country Nigeria!
Stories about Israelites in the Bible...many times the nation crashed, ran to the ground, even whole nation captured, many ran away...some stayed but alas
They saw a brighter day!!!
I believe oneday Nigeria will be great again, and I and my children and those that also have faith and believe will reap the fruits of the land and have more than enough....
you go wait tire, but for me and my family, na japa! E go be!
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by golddust6000(m): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2020
AntiNigerian:
chineke kpoo gi öku! Onye oshi nwuru anwu! You're one of the corrupt fools enjoying the miserable condition the zoo is facing. Pls nobody should listen to this guy, his likes will never do well in any first world country, they'll rather live in a corrupt system since they know they can try nonsense and go Scot free! Rubbish!
owu Egbe eligwe ga pko nnegi na nnagi okwu, onye nzuzu
Re: Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 by AntiNigerian: 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2020
golddust6000:
owu Egbe eligwe ga pko nnegi na nnagi okwu, onye nzuzu
you can't even spell the Igbo word "ọku" properly grin , i doubt if you're an Igbo man grin grin angry.

Aka gbajịkwa gị ebe ahụ

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cirrus SF50 Vision Jet: The World’s Cheapest Private Jet. (photos) / Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences / Aba Road Umuahia.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.