Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians (1014 Views)

Terrorism: We're Still Investigating Sowore’s Phones For Links - DSS Tells Court / Alleged Weapons Swap: Retract Your Fake Story – DSS Tells Gazette / Insecurity: Stop Lying To Nigerians, PDP Counsels Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by zakim(m): 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
The Department of State Security Services (SSS) also known as the Department of State Services (DSS), has said that government and security agencies alone cannot tackle insecurity in the country without the support of the citizens especially on intelligence gathering.

The Director General of the agency, Yusuf Bichi, said this on Saturday night in Abuja at the Security and Emergency Awards (SEMA 2020), where the organization was conferred with an award by Emergency Digest, a security tabloid.

The DG, represented by the service spokesman, Peter Afunanya, urged Nigerians to support the security agencies to rid the country of all forms of criminality, rather than point accusing fingers at them.

“We call in Nigerians to support security agencies and government. Security is no longer for government and security agencies, there is need for collaborative efforts and partnership.

“You continue to stay in your comfort zone and continue to blame security agencies for all, but the information that the security agencies need have you brought it?

“All those bad people are part of our communities, they live in our neighbourhood, if you know one, tell the security agencies about them. If you have not done all these, its time for us to have a rethink, it’s time for us to have a change of mind to re-dedicate ourselves to the ideals of building a country that is devoid of any kind of insecurity,” he said.

Cybersecurity

Also, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Pantami, at the occasion said Cybersecurity sector is estimated at $2.32bn and projected to become $3.6 – $4.2bn by 2023.

The Minister, represented by Mr. Emeka Okoye, Direct ICT, therefore called on all stakeholders to make an input in developing the National Digital Economy so that Nigeria can maximise its security benefits.

“It is a known fact that opportunities through digital economy in cyberspace go hand in hand with cyber risks and cyber threats. Cybersecurity is a need in the progress and growth of digital economy. As a nation capitalising on digital revolution, cybersecurity is a national priority to foster economic welfare,” he said.

The minister said that government is currently in the process of reviewing the Cybercrime Act to meet the emerging security challenges of the nation such as terrorism and cyberspace criminality.

Pantami noted that the subject of Cybersecurity has been addressed in the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS), which focuses on strengthening public confidence in the use of digital technologies and participation in the digital economy.

At the event, Pantami, won the minister of the year and was honoured for initiatives in cyber security and digital economy, while the DSS was awarded for intelligence service; EFCC was recognised for crime prevention and Airtel for community service.

Other recipients include; NITDA for Corporate Social Responsibility; Nigeria Correctional Service for Crime prevention; Nigerian Customs Service for Public Information; and Neem Foundation for Humanitarian services among others.

https://dailytrust.com/insecurity-stop-blaming-security-agencies-dss-tells-nigerians
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Barka00(m): 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2020
Blame Buhari

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Macphenson: 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
Okooo
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by nettpen: 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2020
We blame you (police) & Mr Vegetable.
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Chigboboss: 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2020
Total and fantastic Nonsense.

What is your job?

If we do not blame security agents is it their wives we should blame? What rubbish angry

Just like blaming others for not giving us ticket when PDP is treating us like disposable trash.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Fahdiga1: 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2020
DSS that doesn't know their job description
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by gentuu1000: 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2020
we should stop blaming the security agencies and start blaming our papa abi
nobe una fault sha

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by gentuu1000: 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2020
we should stop blaming the security agencies and start blaming our papa abi
nobe una fault sha
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Racoon(m): 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2020
They will blame everything except themselves.See what the level of cluelessness and idiocy they have reduced good governance to?

So the people are the ones doing the work of security agencies because they are the ones being paid to provide security and counter threat within & without by themselves.Why cant you allow people to arm & protect themselves since you are worthless?
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Akpaife(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2020
may be we use blame the masses NONSENSE
DNT no why we deciving our selves in D's country
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Donkwakwas(m): 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
Only in Nigeria you become a suspect and probably get your self into a big problem when you inform police about your suspicions.....you guys have thought us to be careful in dealing with you.

Make naija police meet u 4 crime scene, Ur own don finish...make u be d victim sef, e nor sure 4 u say u nor go sleep cell dat day...

Abeg you pple should change your orientation first before we start having trust in you.
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by gentuu1000: 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
na nonsense talks like this dey make Ogun vex kill people back in the days.
mtcheeeew
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Chigboboss: 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2020
Racoon:
See what the level of cluelessness and idiocy they have reduced good governance to? So the people are the ones doing the work of security agencies because they are the ones being paid to provide security and counter threat within & without.

So sad.

That was how Jonathan postponed whole election for 6 weeks because of those Boko bastards and expected Nigerians to swallow it as if its our fault.

All these politicians are pure undiluted rubbish.
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Racoon(m): 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2020
Chigboboss:
So sad.That was how Jonathan postponed whole election for 6 weeks because of those Boko bastards and expected Nigerians to swallow it as if its our fault.All these politicians are pure undiluted rubbish.

Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by yanabasee(m): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
DSS should tell us who to blame.....

You can't be taxing us and be paying yourselves and be appointing yourselves to do silly jobs and expect us to wave it over and act like nothing is there to worry about....
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Marine54(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
Then we should channels our blame to IPOB as usual !
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2020
Since the security agencies are not to be blamed for insecurities in Nigeria, then, I think it's time to start blaming myself for Nigeria's insecurity..

This Yusuf is stupidity itself honestly
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Chigboboss: 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2020
[quote author=Racoon post=97036626][/quote]

Allow them to continue defending their tyrant while their roof is burning.

But the truth must be told. All our politicians past and present including Jona that treated BH with kids gloves are useless and the reason we are where we are.
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:55pm On Dec 13, 2020
yanabasee:
DSS should tell us who to blame.....

You can't be taxing us and be paying yourselves and be appointing yourselves to do silly jobs and expect us to wave it over and act like nothing is there to worry about....
Oga abeg, start blaming yourself for Nigeria's insecurity because I've started blaming myself already..
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by yanabasee(m): 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
Oga abeg, start blaming yourself for Nigeria's insecurity because I've started blaming myself already..

Tor...... It's simple....

Its really my fault why over 600 secondary school student got kidnapped by Boko Haram last week......
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2020
yanabasee:

Tor...... It's simple....

Its really my fault why over 600 secondary school student got kidnapped by Boko Haram last week......
That's way to go mehn!

I'm even blaming myself for DSS boss stupidity
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by pharmagba: 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2020
Interesting!
Wonders shall never end?
This DSS shall never ceases to amaze me?

1- shameless coming forth to collect an award. If any it should be award for ineptitude.
Infact which organization is awarding them

2- Telling Nigerian that they are staying in their comfort zone and not bringing information to him? This man does not know his work description.

See the kind of information coming from our security helmsman.
Even if Musa, my mai guard tell me this I will sack him ASAP, not to talk of DSS director
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Purifychy(f): 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2020
These people are something else.
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by CodeTemplar: 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2020
We should blame gernot rohr and bonfere Jo.
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by MyGeneration(m): 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2020
It's not the job of citizens to gather intelligence it's your job to send undercover agents into conflict areas for intelligence gathering stop acting foolish.

In civilized countries before u be an informant the govt would put u under withness protection they will take u and ur family away give u a new identity and give u a new place to stay.

U can't mk w citizen an informant in a country full of corruption, police would arrest the criminals then they bail themselves and come for you
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Overself: 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2020
They should blame me instead. Useless Northern idiots!
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by NaijaFutbol: 3:52am On Dec 14, 2020
Blame Nigerians instead abi?

DauraSS
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 14, 2020
let's blame my dead grandfather then
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by orisa37: 6:01am On Dec 14, 2020
JUST SHUT UP. YOU'RE THE MONSTROUS CABAL CAUSING ALL THE INSECURITIES IN THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by DeOTR: 6:19am On Dec 14, 2020
This is the reason we are where we are today.
These Public Servants don't know what job they're being paid to do.
Secret Police like the DSS don't rely on the people for information, that gather intelligence on their own.
What kind of fuckery is this?
Re: Insecurity: Stop Blaming Security Agencies, DSS Tells Nigerians by BOOZELEE: 6:37am On Dec 14, 2020
Yes ooo

Don't blame security agencies.BLAME ME

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Gaining Global Attention As Nnamdi Kanu Makes Another Move / Why Did Buhari Stop Tracking The Rising Crime Rate? / Isa Pantami & NIMC Registration: Are We Still Safe ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.