Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,316 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC (33762 Views)

Defamation: Retract Now Or Meet Us In Court - NBM Of Africa Tells BBC (Video) / Tegina School Abduction: Strange Behaviours Of Released Pupils Worry Parents / Kaduna School Abduction: Bilal Mohammed Killed 3 Months After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by unity004(m): 9:54am On Dec 15, 2020
1r
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by 001spice: 9:58am On Dec 15, 2020
In account that you are fool for asking stupid question
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by Psoul(m): 10:04am On Dec 15, 2020
Following the abduction of hundreds of boarding school students in Dankara, Katsina State, BBC Hausa spoke to a schoolgirl who survived the abduction on Friday.

The student, who was asked by the BBC for his parents' consent before the interview, said that on Friday night after returning from school around 9:30, they heard gunshots fired in the air, and later noticed that even the attackers entered the school.

He said:"Everyone came out and we ran up the wall. After we climbed the wall they used to light our lights and tell us to come back."

According to the student, it was then that they turned around and returned, thinking that the men were security officers, but later realized that they were not.

How many of you have been kidnapped?
"After we were taken into the forest, one of them ordered us to stop and count our belongings before continuing our journey," said the young man, whose name was withheld.

He said that when they were counted, it was found that they were 520 in number.

"We kept walking in the bush, we were being pushed and beaten, we spent the night walking, 30 minutes before dawn we were told to go to bed and rest," he said.

How did you survive?
The student told BBC Hausa: "After they sat us down I leaned back a little. I found the side of a tree and I turned my back on them. I lay down and straightened my legs."

"After everyone left, I came crawling and looking until I entered the city," he said.

He said even if God helps a person to escape from the hands of the people you do not know where to go because only the forest can be seen, so only God saved him from their hands, as he said.

The student made the remarks as authorities said local security forces were hunting down the gunmen in an effort to rescue the other abducted students.

Katsina State Governor Aminu Bello Masari said 333 students were still being held by the militants.

Garba Shehu, a spokesman for the Nigerian president, told the BBC that several children had fled, saying only 10 children had escaped.

According to him, the children who escaped from the hands of the attackers said only 10 children were in the hands of thieves and the number of students identified by the school teachers.

"Some of the children who fled the bush said that 10 children were being held hostage by the gunmen," he said.

However, President Buhari has been criticized by locals who say he should have gone to Kankara himself to see what happened instead of sending government officials since he was in Katsina State.

Whoever that wrote this script is a cheap liar.
The story started with BBC speaking with one of the girls who escaped from the abductors.

BBC Hausa spoke to a schoolgirl who survived the abduction on Friday

Then they were reporting what a young man said:

After we were taken into the forest, one of them ordered us to stop and count our belongings before continuing our journey," said the young man, whose name was withheld.

Was it a young man they interviewed or the girl they mentioned at the beginning?

Criminals in government.
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by somehow: 10:07am On Dec 15, 2020
Psoul:

Whoever that wrote this script is a cheap liar.
The story started with BBC speaking with one of the girls who escaped from the abductors.

Then they were reporting what a young man said:

Was it a young man they interviewed or the girl they mentioned at the beginning?

Criminals in government.
BBC lol
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by F3dan: 10:23am On Dec 15, 2020
There is no coherence in this news. BCC interviews escaped schoolgirl and later in the write-up the school girl turned to a boy.

I pray all the abducted students are rescued unscathed.
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:27am On Dec 15, 2020
Tonitoniton:

There are so many secret killing and kidnapping taking place in the north without any form of publicity.

For example:

1 the king of yekila, which is a suburb in Niger state before Tegina along kontagora road was kidnap within the last week. And they are demanding for 50 million. They even came to collect more clothing for him cos he complained of cold in the forest where they are keeping him. The govt is covering it.

2 they killed 13 villagers in a village close to that yekila a fourth night ago, the govt is silent.

3 they killed a driver along that yekila road about the same time. The govt is silent.

4 all the farmers in those villages between yekila and Tegina has been chased out of their village by fulani herdsmen, they cant even harvest their crops. The govt is silent.

5 some terrible Nigerian past leaders are using helicopters to drop this blood tasty fulani herdsmen in their forest around these areas, the govt is silent.

ONE THING IS SURE, THIS EVILL SILENCE WILL SWALLOW ALL OF U PEOPLE INVOLVE IN WICKEDNESS AND ALSO U GUYS THAT KNOWS ABOUT IT AND CAN EVEN HELP AND ARE QUIET. A TIME IS COMING WHEN ALL OF U WILL START HEARING TERRIFYING SOUND FROM HEAVEN, AND U WILL RUN WHEN NO ONE IS PURSUING U. U WILL DIE TERRIBLY MORE THAT THE PEOPLE U PEOPLE ARE KILLING

Wow. This is terrible
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by Franklydes(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2020
Doraty1:

https://www.bbc.com/hausa/55299802.amp
Arrangee story. BBC and the love for Fulani nonsense ehn. God go save us all
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by tete7000(m): 10:48am On Dec 15, 2020
Buhari bokoharam kidnapping innocent students since 1960

Bokoharams are our brothers - Buhari
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by Yankee101: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2020
Will Buhari govt folks like Garba Shehu make heaven?

Over 500 and they say just 10?

And if 500 folks are moving you should be able to track them from the air. As a private citizen I can provision near real time images of any non secured area on earth, I just have to pay, that's all. What more (less in this case) of a government?
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by tit(f): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2020
Devilish liars
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by EAKeffective: 11:46am On Dec 15, 2020
The more you look, the less you see. How can over 200 children be taken by foot without a trace? Can children walk for about10km in a day? Or their location truly known as claimed? A population like this can ccommodated and fed without trace only in a captured territory
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by GEEBITE: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
Did you ask these questions during GEJ's time too or the bucks only stop on his table,dont be a hypocrite.
blacknp:
Where were the local security & youths of the Area? How can strangers that don’t know their way around town, just come in abduct 100 people & walk away? You can’t even steal cattle like that. Charity they say begins at home, You people should start blaming yourselves first, what could the Federal Government in Abuja have done, when the state & Local government is playing ostrich, doesn’t the Governor collect security vote money every month from Abuja, what does he do with it?
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by Roon9(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
saaron:
Fake News.
Nobody was kidnaped! North is safer than America's White House so there's no security threat. Our gov, Zulum has assured us that Northern Nigeria is more secured now than in 2015.
We call on the fulani regime to sanction and shut down BBC for interviewing a paid political actor from IPOB.

Lmaoo
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by achierosion(m): 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
saaron:
Fake News.
Nobody was kidnaped! North is safer than America's White House so there's no security threat. Our gov, Zulum has assured us that Northern Nigeria is more secured now than in 2015.
We call on the fulani regime to sanction and shut down BBC for interviewing a paid political actor from IPOB.
cheesy
U really understand this people.
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by amazingspiderma: 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
A liar needs to have good memory.

Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by Ikpisco: 3:18pm On Dec 15, 2020
Please the govt should stop playing politics with people's children. We are talking of over 400 pupils. For such an operation to be successful the gun men must have at least 3 to 5 trucks to convey them because of the size of the crowd. But since one of the pupils said they trekked into the forest, I suspect a foul play some where cos that size of crowd must leave a trail for law enforcement agencies to work with.
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by Ikpisco: 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
Again we should shine our eyes, it's like they want to steal billions, so they came up with this story. So why we r busy pondering on the matter. They r busy syphoning money.
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by Tonitoniton(m): 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Wow. This is terrible

It is even worse.

The north has a way of keep silent in the face of death and will look the other way when they see others dying. They only complain when it hits them directly.

Death means nothing to them
Re: Kankara School Abduction: How I Escaped From The Gunmen - Student Tells BBC by tranxo(m): 1:33am On Dec 18, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My sister, why are you always at war with the great North? Please be calm...

@topic.. All the kidnapped youths will be rescued and normalcy will again be restored. President Mohammadu Buhari is on top of the situation. So it's not a matter of "if they are rescued", but "when they are rescued and the devilish perpetrators brought to justice... ".. And they'll be rescued alive, safe and sound!

As for the enemies of the North and Nigeria rejoicing over this unfortunate incident, I have bad news for you.. Your joy and happiness will be shortlived. Screenshot this post and take it to the bank!

God bless us all.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

There was NO rescue. They were released - meaning a business transaction has occurred.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Dutse, Jigawa State For A 2-Day Working Visit (Photos) / US Vice President, Kamala Harris Calls Tinubu / TB Joshua: Murder In The Church By FFK (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.