Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

The Quest For A Technical Cofounder - How Do I Find One? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Quest For A Technical Cofounder - How Do I Find One? (590 Views)

I Just Bombed A Technical Interview / How To Find Cofounder For Your Startup In Nigeria / Tech Cofounder Needed(technical) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Quest For A Technical Cofounder - How Do I Find One? by xammax(m): 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hi guys,

So i have an idea I want to work on, then apply for seed funding from VC's I've been able to gather unfortunately for most VC's you need a technical cofounder.

...And besides, we'll need to develop the MVP (minimum viable product) of which I can't do myself because I'm not a programmer. I've contemplated learning programming but that will take me at least 1 - 2 years to be fully good at it.

So I've been thinking of searching for a technical cofounder ( who will develop the MVP) but deciding on equity is another issue. A lot of technical cofounders would want a higher equity which is kinda difficulty to grant.

On the other hand, I thought of just paying software developers to have the MVP developed but moving forward I'll still need a technical cofounder who is a programmer.

Now my question is, how can I find a technical cofounder who'll develop the MVP or should I just pay to have the MVP developed?
Re: The Quest For A Technical Cofounder - How Do I Find One? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
xammax:
Hi guys,

So i have an idea I want to work on, then apply for seed funding from VC's I've been able to gather unfortunately for most VC's you need a technical cofounder.

...And besides, we'll need to develop the MVP (minimum viable product) of which I can't do myself because I'm not a programmer. I've contemplated learning programming but that will take me at least 1 - 2 years to be fully good at it.

So I've been thinking of searching for a technical cofounder ( who will develop the MVP) but deciding on equity is another issue. A lot of technical cofounders would want a higher equity which is kinda difficulty to grant.

On the other hand, I thought of just paying software developers to have the MVP developed but moving forward I'll still need a technical cofounder who is a programmer.

Now my question is, how can I find a technical cofounder who'll develop the MVP or should I just pay to have the MVP developed?

The best advice, I can give you is hire one, cos most developers don't believe in equity. Will that one put food on the table.

1 Like

Re: The Quest For A Technical Cofounder - How Do I Find One? by excanny: 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
I'm a highly skilled programmer. Contact me on whatsapp 07030595988. Let's talk.
Re: The Quest For A Technical Cofounder - How Do I Find One? by DC49: 6:05am On Dec 15, 2020
xammax:
Hi guys,

I'm actually on the lookout for a potentially scaleable idea to invest my skills in. You can reach me on Whatsapp let's talk. Contact is on my signature.
Re: The Quest For A Technical Cofounder - How Do I Find One? by Karleb(m): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2020
From what you stated, you just want someone to use. That is exactly what your post is screaming from the little you've shared about it.

What about what we don't even know about the project yet.

Like someone suggested, find a good developer, pay him.

Nothing good comes for nothing.

It's very easy to have an idea especially the non-unique ones but implementation na war.

1 Like

Re: The Quest For A Technical Cofounder - How Do I Find One? by FlyHeight: 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2021
Sorry I’m replying on here, both my accounts were temporarily banned on the thread for using words like bitici

In relation to the questions you asked:

1. I’d suggest Luno for a beginner, because it’s app is user friendly, people complain about the charges but if you know your way around using the app, you don’t have to pay a penny... except for deposits and withdrawals which is only a couple hundred bucks... I’d also suggest Binance because Luno has only a limited number of cryp you can trade in

2. To monitor prices, I’d suggest you set price alerts on each of your apps

3. I’ve never used meta trader before so I honestly wouldn’t know, I trade mostly on the direct exchanges and off my personal judgement and a few insights here and there

xammax:
Hi guys,

Re: The Quest For A Technical Cofounder - How Do I Find One? by elmas(m): 7:38pm On Jan 17, 2021
FlyHeight:
Sorry I’m replying on here, both my accounts were temporarily banned on the thread for using words like bitici

In relation to the questions you asked:

1. I’d suggest Luno for a beginner, because it’s app is user friendly, people complain about the charges but if you know your way around using the app, you don’t have to pay a penny... except for deposits and withdrawals which is only a couple hundred bucks... I’d also suggest Binance because Luno has only a limited number of cryp you can trade in

2. To monitor prices, I’d suggest you set price alerts on each of your apps

3. I’ve never used meta trader before so I honestly wouldn’t know, I trade mostly on the direct exchanges and off my personal judgement and a few insights here and there

How would I set it?

(1) (Reply)

How I Make My First Money Online Using My Smartphone / Rate My Portfolio Website As An Entry-level Frontend Developer / I Need Help With Winbox: Missing Roteros.dll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.