Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

3 Life Changing Lessons Learnt From A Rat. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Life Changing Lessons Learnt From A Rat. (195 Views)

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak / Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Life Changing Lessons Learnt From A Rat. by GodinmyRACE(f): 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
*3 life-changing lessons learnt from the struggles and turmoil of a Rat.*

Back during my NYSC days, in the NCCF family house, we had rats that were closer even than "a brother". Lol. �

These rats were bold and courageous enough to eat our provisions and strut right in the middle of the room. �

So this particular evening, we had just had dinner and was settling into bed while the rats set the stage for their nightly display. ��‍♀️

I observed a profound experience from a particular rat that evening...

The door was shut while the lights were still on. This rat needed to escape as it had come out too early. It struggled to pass under the door. All to no avail. It twisted and turned to squeeze its way underneath the door but "it was too big for the space", so I thought as I solemnly observed this rat.

At some point, I could see the frustration in the approach of the rat, as it kept on hitting against the door, scratching and stretching.

I felt pity for it. �

All of a sudden, the rat stopped, paused and just stood in front of the door. �
======================

Then slowly, it approached the door, shifted just a little to the left and...BOOM! It escaped. ������

*Three lessons:*

*1. Be sure of what exactly you want.* ��

The rat was certain it didn't want to stay inside, so it kept on trying. The rat knew it needed to be out of the current space and state.

The rat didn't hope someone would come open the door and help it escape. It had a self-belief most humans lack.�

Unless you know exactly what you want and believe in yourself, life will keep looking unfair and unbalanced to you.

*2. Be ready to stretch yourself.*

I watched this rat stretch, twist and turn. It had overfed but was still willing to put in the work to escape.

_How much work are you willing to put in to escape your current state of confusion and dissatisfaction?_

*3. It's okay to take a breather, pause, observe and re-strategize.*

Now, you see, when that rat paused I absolutely thought it was the end.

But No! That moment was a strategizing period for it.

You may simply just need to pause and re-evaluate to get that breakthrough you have always been seeking.

The whole idea of resting is not to quit but to resume wiser, stronger, and bolder.

The year is about to end and many of you may be at the point of confusion and frustration as your goals were not all met and you feel out of time and exhausted.

*Confirm your passion and purpose.*
*Keep putting in the hard work.*
*Pause when necessary, but don't QUIT!*

```Have a great week ahead.```❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

3 Likes

Re: 3 Life Changing Lessons Learnt From A Rat. by Freestainworld(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
I love this, many lessons to be learnt from the experience, animals sometimes behave in a way that marvel's our imaginations.

1 Like

Re: 3 Life Changing Lessons Learnt From A Rat. by Meedon: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
This write up just inspired me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2021 The Only Way Out / Dangote Remains African Richest Man / We Buy All Your Paypal, Cashapp And Zelle Funds Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.