Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,531 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind (1862 Views)

GRAPHIC: Man (drug Addict), Pulls Own Eyes Out And Eat! / The Horrors Of Being A Drug Addict.....pls Dont Do Drugs / My 3-Year-Old Nephew Is A "Drug Addict". Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2011
i have a close friend who is breaking my heart, cry cry cry i do not know the particular type of drug he abuses but it seems to be some kind of pills.It is affecting him and he can not function properly.

he has been to a rehab home before came out and was able to function for 3yrs only recently he has started hallucinating and becoming very aggressive. It seems all he thinks about is how to get high. I think he should go back to rehab but how can he be completely weaned off this bad habit.
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Nobody: 4:44am On Mar 27, 2011
Extremely difficult
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by stnonymus(m): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2011
We can only do what is humanly possible and leave the rest to God.My advice is check him back to rehab before he does irrepairable damage to himself. Then go to God in prayer.He came to set the captives like him free. It would also help to get him to see a licenced psychologist who is trained in the art of hypnotism when he is sober. Dont give up.Every problem has a solution.
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 30, 2011
st_nonymus:

We can only do what is humanly possible and leave the rest to God.My advice is check him back to rehab before he does irrepairable damage to himself. Then go to God in prayer.He came to set the captives like him free. It would also help to get him to see a licenced psychologist who is trained in the art of hypnotism when he is sober. Dont give up.Every problem has a solution.

the fear is that if he is constantly checked into a rehab he will take that for granted.Regardless of this he was checked into a rehab yesterday. I didnt know it is possible for others to hurt someone so much just hurting themselves.
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by coogar: 1:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
andromida: i have a close friend who is breaking my heart, cry cry cry i do not know the particular type of drug he abuses but it seems to be some kind of pills.It is affecting him and he can not function properly.

he has been to a rehab home before came out and was able to function for 3yrs only recently he has started hallucinating and becoming very aggressive. It seems all he thinks about is how to get high. I think he should go back to rehab but how can he be completely weaned off this bad habit.

we have to know what he abuses before knowing how to help. . . .
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2012
I really wish I saw this earlier. I was at a loss and still am about a very dear friend of mine. The problem is that I'm one of his perceived enemies now. I don't know of any rehab centers here in Nigeria and I really don't know how to go about getting him into any if I found them. How did it work out for you, Andromida?
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ihedinobi: I really wish I saw this earlier. I was at a loss and still am about a very dear friend of mine. The problem is that I'm one of his perceived enemies now. I don't know of any rehab centers here in Nigeria and I really don't know how to go about getting him into any if I found them. How did it work out for you, Andromida?

Well he went to some private rehab homes in Lagos and Kaduna and Abuja. He always came out sober for some time and then fell back to his bad habits. These days i hear he is trying to be clean, he has a good support group parents and siblings who won't give up on him and he seems to be on a better mend this time. I haven't seen him for a while but we talk on phone from time to time.I think it has to be a personal choice to beat the habit. He used to be this gentle,intelligent,fun,kind and interesting person until the illness.That illness came as a shock to me. A friend told me he saw him a month back and they talked. He seems to be better because he has been working for sometime now and is generally better on phone and in person as i have been told.I pray he remains in this better place.
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2012
Amen to your prayer too. If it's ok, I'd like to have contact info on the rehab facilities so I can see if I will take a dare about my friend.
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Aolly(f): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
Pls, i hav a bro that is abusing marjuana(igbo) nd is affecting him seriously, pls, how can we help him.
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ihedinobi: Amen to your prayer too. If it's ok, I'd like to have contact info on the rehab facilities so I can see if I will take a dare about my friend.

In Abuja 6th avenue gwarimpa the name of the home is recovery. They could not remember the name of the one in Kaduna and lagos they will get back to me.
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
andromida:

In Abuja 6th avenue gwarimpa the name of the home is recovery. They could not remember the name of the one in Kaduna and lagos they will get back to me.

Thank you so much. I'll look forward to hearing from you about the others.
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
andromida:
i have a close friend who is breaking my heart, cry cry cry i do not know the particular type of drug he abuses but it seems to be some kind of pills.It is affecting him and he can not function properly.

1. Avoid certain friends(bad influence).
2. Seek medical advice from a professional (Dr.)
3. Go back to rehab.
4. Before returning he needs to change his daily routine and avoid certain places which may attract a negative influence upon himself.
5. Finally he needs someone(woman) to love him and encourage him.
Re: How Do You Help A Drug Addict Who Seems To Be Losing His Mind by marijuanacardIL: 6:28am On Feb 06, 2021
You have to make a strong bond with that person so that he/she can feel comfortable trusting you. Then give him the advice to make medical marijuana card so that he can deal with mental illness. ( Medical Marijuana Card Illinois )

(1) (Reply)

Hiv Patient Only / Health Benefits Of Tomatoes Photo!! / Help!! Hiv Scare!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.