Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,783 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

I Will Work Against Pdp In Ogun, Says Daniel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Work Against Pdp In Ogun, Says Daniel (714 Views)

I Have No Presidential Ambition, Says Daniel / Buhari Says He Will Work With Saraki And Dogora / APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Work Against Pdp In Ogun, Says Daniel by aljharem(m): 2:23pm On Mar 25, 2011
•PPN accuses PDP of plot to stop Isiaka •Olurin: we want the court to clarify his status

Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel yesterday said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state has derailed. He declared: I’ll not support the party in the general elections.

Daniel spoke in Ijebu - Ode during the disbursement of grants-in-aid to Community Development Associations (CDAs) for various self-help projects.

The state chapter of the Peoples Party of Nigeria (PPN) yesterday raised the alarm over a plot by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to stop its governorship candidate, Mr Gboyega Isiaka, from participating in the election.

In a statement, PPN’s Publicity Secretary Mr Raheem Ajayi said: “This is not only condemnable but a usurpation of the functions of the Independent National Electoral Commission.

‘’It is also an infraction of the rights of the PPN under the electoral laws to present its duly nominated candidates for election.

“We cry out to the world that both the PPN and those of us who are victims of Justice Kafarati’s injunction and judgment have no confidence in Kafarati. And we do not sound this warning without cause.”

He described the state PDP as a “band of desperados and opportunists.”

Ajayi called on President Goodluck Jonathan, the National Assembly, the Chief Justice of the Federation, (INEC, civil rights organisations and the media to caution the party against “truncating democracy in Ogun State.”

But the PDP’s governorship candidate Gen. Adetunji Olurin, in a statement, said the case was not that of the state PDP and PPN in Ogun State.

He said it was between the PDP and INEC because of an alleged illegality in admitting Isiaka as a candidate against provisions of the Electoral Act.

Olurin said: “How possible is it for Isiaka to be a candidate when at the time our case against him was determined, nomination process and substitution had closed?

‘’The law made provision for substitution but we are yet to be told that Isiaka met those conditions.

‘’There is also a pending appeal on the matter, in which he is involved, so how can he be candidate of another party when he is still fighting in court for PDP ticket? These are what we want the court to decide.”

Daniel said: “The PDP that you hear about in Ogun State has become a shadow of itself. As somebody well brought up, there is no way I can afford to support PDP in the state. The PDP of today, where you conduct primaries in the open and some people changed the process through the backdoor cannot be a party I would associate with.

“But our President, Goodluck Jonathan, is of good character and I am sure he did his best , We worked assiduously for his presidential ambition. The president was not part of the conspiracy that occurred in Ogun PDP. But let us go and vote enmasse for the president. However, after that, there is nothing else we can do than to support the new political party in Ogun State ; that is PPN.

“We thank God that we came and toured all the 236 wards in the state , appealing to you that despite the fact that we do not like the PDP, let us vote for the party because of our baba, Chief Obasanjo. And I thank God that you agreed with me and we succeeded in the election. But I want to tell you that the PDP of the last eight years is quite different from the current PDP,” Daniel said.

He chided the PDP governorship candidate Adetunji Olurin for threatening to jail him. He said: “The person they chose as their candidate said he would send the governor (me) to jail.

“They think civilian government is run like the military. They think the way the military trampled on people’s rights is the way government would be run in Ogun; their forefathers will go to jail. If I have worked tirelessly to develop Ogun State in eight years, their forefathers will go to jail. You would observe that your governor has not spoken like this before, but if one ought to speak out, one should speak out,” Daniel said.

He denied that his administration was using public funds to support the campaign efforts of PPN and its candidates

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/31762.html
Re: I Will Work Against Pdp In Ogun, Says Daniel by keyremotes(m): 8:52pm On Mar 25, 2011
[size=28pt]Big Looooooooooooseer!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: I Will Work Against Pdp In Ogun, Says Daniel by sbeezy8: 8:56pm On Mar 25, 2011
when will baba iyabo throw him in jail?

(1) (Reply)

You Misled Us, Nsa Tells Jega / 2019:Jonathan Defeat Buhari In Kano,jigaw,sokoto,kebbi,gombe,zamfa,bauchi(BENIN) / "Buhari holds secret meeting with cabal, IBB, Atiku!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.