Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car (1937 Views)

Buying Nigeria Used Car On Nairaland Is A Total Waste Of Money. / My Experience Buying A 2014 Lexus GX460 On Manheim Through Kakakibuy / My Experience Buying A 2005/2006 Toyota Siena Through Gazzuzz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by Ashibelieve: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
So I was looking for a car with a budget of 1.25m. Got a matrix from a dealer who happen to be the dad of my friend.

He said he has checked the car and it's very very good with sound engine. Got it for that price with abeg.

Less than a month driving it only to work not up to 5 times I've spent almost 300k on the car. Mechanic is telling me engine has fault.

It's barely 2months I got the car. Used almost 1month to sort the papers and my first month using the car all this came up.

What will you advice? I'm not experienced that's why I went for someone I knew who is a dealer. Is this normal?
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by KnightsTemplar(m): 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
Save up and get another engine, you can't return the car again, since you've worked on it. Your friends dad is evil, as a dealer he should have known the car has faults.

11 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by Arizona1: 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2020
You guy need to always ask questions. You should have brought your colleague who has experience about cars to help you check. But what have you been doing on the car that made you spend N300k? I don't believe that. Maybe the mechanic has been milking you.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by fykes(m): 7:17pm On Dec 14, 2020
300k spent under a month on a car u bought with more than 1m?

Oga if na like this car for no dey road oo

Na local maga u be like this o

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by Juliusmomoh: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2020
That is what u get since u like cheap things....
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by diportivo: 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
Ashibelieve:
So I was looking for a car with a budget of 1.25m. Got a matrix from a dealer who happen to be the dad of my friend.

He said he has checked the car and it's very very good with sound engine. Got it for that price with abeg.

Less than a month driving it only to work not up to 5 times I've spent almost 300k on the car. Mechanic is telling me engine has fault.

It's barely 2months I got the car. Used almost 1month to sort the papers and my first month using the car all this came up.

What will you advice? I'm not experience that's why I went for someone I knew who is a dealer. Is this normal?

what and what av u been buying that's amounting to engine price sef
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by Juliusmomoh: 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
KnightsTemplar:
Save up and get another engine, you can't return the car again, since you've worked on it. Your friends dad is evil, as a dealer he should have known the car has faults.
Note: his friend dad is not an evil man....
That is what he got since he refuse to cut his cloth according to his size..
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by AreahCode: 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2020
300k on what. Letme guess you are doing big man and speaking grammar at all those mechanic wey be say na tree and amala joint full there. Them go milk u dry.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by Ashibelieve: 9:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
Mechanic dey write quote for me o. I don tire. Be like make I introduce Police to this matter.
diportivo:

what and what av u been buying that's amounting to engine price sef
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by hopeforcharles(m): 6:24am On Dec 15, 2020
I don't believe him spending that amount, haba? I use matrix and that car is super economical. The only fault it can have mostly is the shock and maybe body. But engines are usually good and easy to maintain. So my guy the mechanic has been milking u.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by Ashibelieve: 7:36am On Dec 15, 2020
I'd like to reach you. How can I do that?
hopeforcharles:
I don't believe him spending that amount, haba? I use matrix and that car is super economical. The only fault it can have mostly is the shock and maybe body. But engines are usually good and easy to maintain. So my guy the mechanic has been milking u.
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by hopeforcharles(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ashibelieve:
I'd like to reach you. How can I do that?
hopeforcharles@gmail.com
You can reach me
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by jaxxy(m): 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ashibelieve:

What will you advice? I'm not experience that's why I went for someone I knew who is a dealer. Is this normal?

I can tell u for a fact that not every family dealer is competent, honest and practical. Some may be compent by not honest especially when the odds are in their favor they rather be sentimental or greedy than honest and practical.

Also never trust anyone 100% do ur own checks family dealer or not if not what the the family dealer have to say about ur issues did he give a guarantee?? No so it’s same thing. Sentiments in business can be tricky.

I’m not going to say cars can’t develop faults bt for a Toyota Matrix u have no business spending such amount on any fixes. Always seek a good no of opinions b4 making important decisions u know next to nothing about. Be it buying a car or repairing it.
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by sats: 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
Please modify the title of the thread "my experience with a nigerian used car that I paid for without having a mechanic check it personally "

I went with a mechanic to buy a car, I left after the mechanic assessed the car, he showed me things, terrible things
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by BusterG: 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
sats:
Please modify the title of the thread "my experience with a nigerian used car that I paid for without having a mechanic check it personally "

I went with a mechanic to buy a car, I left after the mechanic assessed the car, he showed me things, terrible things

Hehehehehe
You saw things ba?
Terrible things......

Reminds me of this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5841067/ever-bought-car-regret-buying
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by Uyi213: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
Jh
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by Uyi213: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
I have a Honda Eod V6 for sale. It’s clean with the AC working perfectly and Gear working perfectly too. Seats are fitted with clean and sharp leather. Papers are complete and all in my name including License plates.

The only problem is my car has engine issues of which the New owner will have to fix it (Ring It) with 50K Or buy a new Engine of 100k. There are also few scratches on the body made by children in the compound

Price is 350K Non Negotiable.

Location - Isheri Osun after Jakande Gate Isolo Lagos state.

The transaction will take place at my house compound so if there are any issues that I didn’t list, The New Owner can locate me And hold me by the throat lol

Call/WhatsApp - Zero Eight One Five, One Three Eight 9915
Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by Ashibelieve: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
My brother relax. I have learnt my lesson. Once beaten never to be beaten again. I think I trust too much.

sats:

Re: My Experience Buying Nigeria Used Car by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:47pm On Jan 27, 2021
Uyi213:
I have a Honda Eod V6 for sale. It’s clean with the AC working perfectly and Gear working perfectly too. Seats are fitted with clean and sharp leather. Papers are complete and all in my name including License plates.

The only problem is my car has engine issues of which the New owner will have to fix it (Ring It) with 50K Or buy a new Engine of 100k. There are also few scratches on the body made by children in the compound

Price is 350K Non Negotiable.

Location - Isheri Osun after Jakande Gate Isolo Lagos state.

The transaction will take place at my house compound so if there are any issues that I didn’t list, The New Owner can locate me And hold me by the throat lol

Call/WhatsApp - Zero Eight One Five, One Three Eight 9915
Is the car still available?

(1) (Reply)

Few Months Used 2013 Toyota Camry N4.750m / Super Sharp Less Than A Year Used Toyota Matrix / Super Clean 2008 Upgraded To 2012 Used Benz C300 4matic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.