Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate (3897 Views)

Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by History001: 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hello guys,

Pls I drive a civic 2006. For a while now have been having this reoccuring issue on the car. The car is always idling at over 1500rps. And when i put it on drive it start speeding up immediately even without stepping on gas. It runs so fast that i mostly use break to move within town.

The second issue is whenever the engine is hot, the car wont accelerate as it should, even if i pressed the throttle to the last it only climbs slowly. This is even worse on a hill. It is so bad that if i dont approach the hill with a higher speed, it will stall while climbing. I took it to my mechanic and was asked to replace the fuel pump and injector mouth. Both of these parts cost me 22k.

After replacing both parts, the problems still persist. I took the car for scanning and after the guy was done, the idlung dropped to below 1000rvs..i think its around 800 to 900rvs now. Which is abit beta. But for the second issue(lack of accelerating when engine is hot), the problem seem to have changed since the scanning. What i now observe is that, it fires as it should, and moves as a normal car should, but occasionally, when i start the car, the firing fails. But when i off and on again it picks, unlike the former case where it doesnt pickup when i off and on. Formerly It wont pick untill the car is cold, but now it picks up once i off and switch on immediately, weda engine is cold or hot.

Please anyone with an idea of what is doing my car and how to parmanently fix it? I have spend over 30k just on this issue this past weeks; money that should have gone towards xmas celebrations oo.
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by shortgun(m): 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2020
What codes did the mechanic report after scanning?
I think you are having a transmission issue.
Post codes for proper guidance.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by History001: 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
Well, i didnt bother to adk for the code, all i was concerned with was for him to fix the problem. Which he claimed he did by doing some resetting using his device. It was after i left that i realised the problem wasnt resolved totally.

shortgun:
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Mayor555(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
shortgun:

His query is kinda vague...

History001:
Well, i didnt bother to adk for the code, all i was concerned with was for him to fix the problem. Which he claimed he did by doing some resetting using his device. It was after i left that i realised the problem wasnt resolved totally.

Op, does your car respond seamlessly to acceleration while stionary.

While accending hilly place, does it misfire?

Like oga shor.tgun said, post code
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Chukwujohn(m): 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
Dear op, has the issue been solved kindly WhatsApp me on 07026487133
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by ShutdownBrown24(m): 6:24am On Dec 15, 2020
That was the same problem I had in my 2003 Camry. It’s accelerates on its own, I was just using break to drive. At idle it was around 1500rpm.

Machanic where just guessing... Chang This, change that. I spent over 100k without solving the problem. I hade to try my own way. First I change the throttle sensor, second I change the actuator( throttle body).

Could you believe me. It’s works like magic. That’s was what I did.

In this the case of CIVIC I think you should also look into that.

NOTE THAT Before changing it. I did a lot of research + scanning the car.

7 Likes

Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by louizzzz: 8:58am On Dec 15, 2020
Hello OP,

This is my 2cent advice
1. Find some one good in gear electrical to check your electrical connection from gear to brainbox also he can test with another brain box.

Finally be careful with kazeem asking you to change A today, B tomorrow and C the next. Trial and error.

Scan the car and get the codes
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by History001: 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Thanks for responding. But did yours also have the issue of non/slow acceleration when you press on gas?

ShutdownBrown24:
That was the same problem I had in my 2003 Camry. It’s accelerates on its own, I was just using break to drive. At idle it was around 1500rpm.

Machanic where just guessing... Chang This, change that. I spent over 100k without solving the problem. I hade to try my own way. First I change the throttle sensor, second I change the actuator( throttle body).

Could you believe me. It’s works like magic. That’s was what I did.

In this the case of CIVIC I think you should also look into that.

NOTE THAT Before changing it. I did a lot of research + scanning the car.

Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by History001: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2020
Yea. I guess i have to get another rewire to scan it again, and I will get the code and return here.
louizzzz:
Hello OP,

This is my 2cent advice
1. Find some one good in gear electrical to check your electrical connection from gear to brainbox also he can test with another brain box.

Finally be careful with kazeem asking you to change A today, B tomorrow and C the next. Trial and error.

Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by wizzle772: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2020
History001:
Hello guys,

Pls I drive a civic 2006. For a while now have been having this reoccuring issue on the car. The car is always idling at over 1500rps. And when i put it on drive it start speeding up immediately even without stepping on gas. It runs so fast that i mostly use break to move within town.

The second issue is whenever the engine is hot, the car wont accelerate as it should, even if i pressed the throttle to the last it only climbs slowly. This is even worse on a hill. It is so bad that if i dont approach the hill with a higher speed, it will stall while climbing. I took it to my mechanic and was asked to replace the fuel pump and injector mouth. Both of these parts cost me 22k.

After replacing both parts, the problems still persist. I took the car for scanning and after the guy was done, the idlung dropped to below 1000rvs..i think its around 800 to 900rvs now. Which is abit beta. But for the second issue(lack of accelerating when engine is hot), the problem seem to have changed since the scanning. What i now observe is that, it fires as it should, and moves as a normal car should, but occasionally, when i start the car, the firing fails. But when i off and on again it picks, unlike the former case where it doesnt pickup when i off and on. Formerly It wont pick untill the car is cold, but now it picks up once i off and switch on immediately, weda engine is cold or hot.

Please anyone with an idea of what is doing my car and how to parmanently fix it? I have spend over 30k just on this issue this past weeks; money that should have gone towards xmas celebrations oo.
I drive the same car and am having the same issue, have even change brain box, am looking for a very good rewire that can fix the issue, its an electrical problem and not mechanical. Please in case u get a very good rewire let me know. The ones I have seems not to understand anything about it. Am even planning to go and see a very good gear person.
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by wizzle772: 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
louizzzz:
Hello OP,

This is my 2cent advice

you are very on point. Please if u have any good gear electrician let me have his contact.
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by dfos2k(m): 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
Uncle listen to me I drive a 2005 civic so don't panic. Your car is misfiring do the following and have peace:
1. Check all your connections and hoses for possible air leakage.
2.ensure all plugs are ok and all for cylinders are firing well.
3. Water test all your injector heads for possible leaks.(if the rubber seal on the injector head is cracked or weak, the pressure will cause fuel to escape)
After these don't yield anything then go for a scan. Leave that gear ooo!
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by History001: 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
I dont know any special rewire oo. Na just to keep trying them until i find one that can fix this stuff. Are you based in lagos, ifnyes, try reach out to ChukwuJohn. He commented above with his number. He said thats what he deals with. As for me, i am in abuja so my search for a solution conti ues

wizzle772:
I drive the same car and am having the same issue, have even change brain box, am looking for a very good rewire that can fix the issue, its an electrical problem and not mechanical. Please in case u get a very good rewire let me know. The ones I have seems not to understand anything about it. Am even planning to go and see a very good gear person.
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by dicksonadams(m): 4:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Guy don't mess with the gear, Honda gears are sensitive, contact autologic, would have suggested GAzzuz, but don't think he works on 8th generation Civic. Bottom line you need a good car repairer
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Samrayz: 7:56am On Mar 30, 2021
Please how were you able to resolve this issue? I'm having same issue right now.

Please help...... I'm tired �
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by bonnyhope: 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
dfos2k:
Uncle listen to me I drive a 2005 civic so don't panic. Your car is misfiring do the following and have peace:
1. Check all your connections and hoses for possible air leakage.
2.ensure all plugs are ok and all for cylinders are firing well.
3. Water test all your injector heads for possible leaks.(if the rubber seal on the injector head is cracked or weak, the pressure will cause fuel to escape)
After these don't yield anything then go for a scan. Leave that gear ooo!

Good!
I have seen someone that drives 05 honda civic

Please I intend to get the car, Please can you share with me your experience with the car, is it problematic? does it actually have the fuel economy people talk about? What about the parts? are they readily available and affordable?
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by dicksonadams(m): 3:10pm On Mar 30, 2021
bonnyhope:

Good!

Please I intend to get the car, Please can you share with me your experience with the car, is it problematic? does it actually have the fuel economy people talk about? What about the parts? are they readily available and affordable?
no be problem you dey read so?

All cars have problem... Pick your poison

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by BamBamK: 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
dicksonadams:
no be problem you dey read so?

All cars have problem... Pick your poison

LMAO

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by folake873: 5:11am On Mar 31, 2021
Good morning, My Honda Civic 03 is bringing key light, after I finished driver...and it kill my battery, latest 40mins after stop...any solution...
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Midemorayo(m): 9:50am On May 29, 2021
Yes, nice car beta dan Toyota Corolla to my opinion i used the 2 car. DON'T BUY ABUSE ONE. If you intend to buy Auto DON'T USE WRONG ATF OOOO, But MANUAL GEAR THE BEST.
I have manual gear used every day.
Engine is superb, very fuel efficient, no leg pull, part are cheaper. You will ENJOY IT.

bonnyhope:

Good!

Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by SeyiJayden(m): 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
Please how did you fix the problem I’m currently going through the same issue

1 Like

Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Coldheavens: 10:35am On Nov 20, 2021
You should scan the car first.
When I had the same issue, after lots of trial and error. We discovered my 2 coils were bad
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by ciggy000(m): 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
History001:
Hello guys,

Hello sir were you able to resolve this issue as i experience the same problem with my civic
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by olashile83: 6:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Pls I have the same issue anyone that have a solution should pls WhatsApp my line 07032698352 07 Honda civic
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Joeswift: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2022
wizzle772:

I think you should check the noozle and coil of the car
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Joeswift: 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2022
olashile83:
Pls I have the same issue anyone that have a solution should pls WhatsApp my line 07032698352 07 Honda civic

Have you checked your coil and noozle ?
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by just4kelvin(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
For the acceleration, check your throttle body. If covered with any material, inspect and ensure it is covered well (mechanic will know this). If possible replace it. It happened to my Honda Accord 2005.
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by sonibota: 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
I had these nasty experiences when I got a deadbeat Civic 06 from Owode of all places. My name underwent a metamorphosis in the hands of mechanics. From Oga Sonnie, Sonnie, Bros, This man. When the last one called me 'this man' I decided to head for Oyingbo where I met Abbey, a rewire. He can be reached on 09096690021. He can even come to your location.

Look for him at Oyingbo and thank me later.
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Gfresh1030: 6:10am On Feb 03
History001
Please where you able to solve the issue? I am facing the same problem at the moment. I need help
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Gfresh1030: 6:11am On Feb 03
Gfresh1030:
History001
Please where you able to solve the issue? I am facing the same problem at the moment. I need help

(1) (Reply)

My Transaction With Gazzuzz.... / Peugeot 407 Against Toyota Corolla/camry / How Do I Claim Damage On My Car At Sallaum Terminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.