Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,761 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate (1026 Views)

Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by History001: 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2020
Hello guys,

Pls I drive a civic 2006. For a while now have been having this reoccuring issue on the car. The car is always idling at over 1500rps. And when i put it on drive it start speeding up immediately even without stepping on gas. It runs so fast that i mostly use break to move within town.

The second issue is whenever the engine is hot, the car wont accelerate as it should, even if i pressed the throttle to the last it only climbs slowly. This is even worse on a hill. It is so bad that if i dont approach the hill with a higher speed, it will stall while climbing. I took it to my mechanic and was asked to replace the fuel pump and injector mouth. Both of these parts cost me 22k.

After replacing both parts, the problems still persist. I took the car for scanning and after the guy was done, the idlung dropped to below 1000rvs..i think its around 800 to 900rvs now. Which is abit beta. But for the second issue(lack of accelerating when engine is hot), the problem seem to have changed since the scanning. What i now observe is that, it fires as it should, and moves as a normal car should, but occasionally, when i start the car, the firing fails. But when i off and on again it picks, unlike the former case where it doesnt pickup when i off and on. Before now, It wont pick untill the car is cold, but now it picks up once i off and switch on immediately, weda engine is cold or hot.

Please anyone with an idea of what is doing my car and how to parmanently fix it? I have spend over 30k just on this issue this past weeks; money that should have gone towards xmas celebrations oo.
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Samrayz: 7:48am On Mar 30, 2021
Hello sir,

Please how were you able to resolve the second problem? Because it's exactly what I'm going through now. The mechanic and electrician have done all they could. The scan results shows brain box and injector mouth.... both has been changed but no improvement still.
Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Chukwujohn(m): 1:46am On Apr 02, 2021
Dear op, has the issue been solved kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133

1 Like

Re: Help, My Honda Civic Refusing To Accelerate by Joeswift: 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2022
History001:
Hello guys,

Pls I drive a civic 2006. For a while now have been having this reoccuring issue on the car. The car is always idling at over 1500rps. And when i put it on drive it start speeding up immediately even without stepping on gas. It runs so fast that i mostly use break to move within town.

The second issue is whenever the engine is hot, the car wont accelerate as it should, even if i pressed the throttle to the last it only climbs slowly. This is even worse on a hill. It is so bad that if i dont approach the hill with a higher speed, it will stall while climbing. I took it to my mechanic and was asked to replace the fuel pump and injector mouth. Both of these parts cost me 22k.

After replacing both parts, the problems still persist. I took the car for scanning and after the guy was done, the idlung dropped to below 1000rvs..i think its around 800 to 900rvs now. Which is abit beta. But for the second issue(lack of accelerating when engine is hot), the problem seem to have changed since the scanning. What i now observe is that, it fires as it should, and moves as a normal car should, but occasionally, when i start the car, the firing fails. But when i off and on again it picks, unlike the former case where it doesnt pickup when i off and on. Before now, It wont pick untill the car is cold, but now it picks up once i off and switch on immediately, weda engine is cold or hot.

Please anyone with an idea of what is doing my car and how to parmanently fix it? I have spend over 30k just on this issue this past weeks; money that should have gone towards xmas celebrations oo.

Have you solved the issue?

(1) (Reply)

Engine Overheating While Temperature Guage Stays At Middle.. / Why Are Cars No Longer Durable Especially Their Bodies? / What Is The Advantage Of A FWD over a RWD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.