Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda (37097 Views)

Omah Lay And Tems Charged To Court In Uganda For Violating COVID-19 Protocols / I Will Go On Hunger Strike If Chika Ike Does Not Marry Me - Uche Maduagwu Cries / Wizkid Crowned As King In Uganda (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by felixnkubi: 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2020
nkiliuzo:
will you shut up there!! was it not President trump who was asking Sweden to release asap rocky a year ago.... you are trying to sound intelligent whereas you are not... you people will just come online and start abusing Nigerians anyhow like as if you are suddenly no more a Nigerian
don't mind them, they like talking in the third person!! saying stuffs like Nigerians are scammers and whatever, so you are now what, Ghanaian?
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by meobizy(f): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hey God! Our government should do something. Let this female not go the way of that Oby-what’s-her-face.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Suspect33(m): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
nkiliuzo:
will you shut up there!! was it not President trump who was asking Sweden to release asap rocky a year ago.... you are trying to sound intelligent whereas you are not... you people will just come online and start abusing Nigerians anyhow like as if you are suddenly no more a Nigerian
when did Trump's actions become a universal standard?? Every Nation is has sovereignty and their laws should be respected
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by edoairways: 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fahdiga:
This goes to show that Uganda is a country where the law works. but they should tamper justice with mercy and release them. they should learn from this
The law does not work there.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by emmydee(m): 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2020
The simple truth is that the world is not smiling over this coroner virus issue but in Nigeria, anything goes. Many countries still frown at large gatherings.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
Drakkernoir:
The way we celebrate unlawfulness in Nigeria is amazing..

It is only in this country,..someone will take one way and when he is stopped, will start ranting " do you know who i am"
Ogbeni....who are you?

I know they will be released soon...but us justifying a country not standing by its laws is awkward.

Some even said the president had rally...so?

If i kill a human now and go free, makes it okay for the next being to kill someone...i dont get it

The way we celebrate fraud, lawlessness, corruption, prostitution in this country...is on another level..

I cant deal..i swear
The same way they will tell you because APC members loot, PDP looters shouldn't be prosecuted. Unfortunately for them, they are the biggest losers. The benefit absolutely nothing but fight tooth and nail to defend rubbish.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by sweerychick(f): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
Drakkernoir:

It is only in this country,..someone will take one way and when he is stopped, will start ranting " do you know who i am"
Ogbeni....who are you?

I know they will be released soon...but us justifying a country not standing by its laws is awkward.

If i kill a human now and go free, makes it okay for the next being to kill someone...i dont get it

The way we celebrate fraud, lawlessness, corruption, prostitution in this country...is on another level..

I cant deal..i swear
Oga there's a fine line between equity and justice!.. what you are talking about is equity, we are talking about justice here.. why didn't the ugandan government issue the organizers a warning before allowing them go ahead with the show. And why ain't them given a fair trial?

1 Like

Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by MrStylish(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
Abobi U see UGANDA u call common n small but the LAW wrks der
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by EdoFirstBorn(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
Mokason288:
Teams my gal ... carry on with your hunger strike God will see you through this shit the organizers Put you in

Omah lay my brother from another mother don’t join that girl in that foolishness ooo undecided

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Teams ?
undecided
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Superpower(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fahdiga:
This goes to show that Uganda is a country where the law works. but they should tamper justice with mercy and release them. they should learn from this
Uganda is a country where the law works?If you believe that you are an ignorant clown.

1 Like

Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Idonije8(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
WoundedLamb:
Ugandans like Nigerian musicians but Ugandan musicians don't really like Nigerian musicians that much. I wouldn't want call it hatred cause anyone would want to gain market advantage regardless of the line of business. But the way their celebrities were celebrating this in the video I saw was almost unhealthy. I learned that stemmed from the fact that they were not invited to perform in the show and were not even allowed to do any live performances this period because of the lockdown. And that makes me wonder why the organizers would then invite an uniformed foreigner to perform knowing the implications. The whole thing is just somehow.

Please, who's the lady in that picture? She's really pretty.
hahahah she is my girl grin shocked tongue
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by VicM6: 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
this ones go anoda man land go dey form porch..... laslas na hunger go kill am.... wetin concern me... oma lay ko oma stand ni.... tems ko stem ni
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fahdiga:
...what do you know ? like ever African countries, Uganda is blessed with natural resources but remains one of the poorest in the world because of corruption... so they don't have laws against corruption?
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by BanevsJoker(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fahdiga:
No dey type rubbish. None of the Ugandan performers at that concert was arrested. The show organizers were not arrested either. Is their law meant for foreigners alone?

1 Like

Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by MartinsD12(m): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
post=97077158:
Nigerian singer, Tems has gone on hunger strike after being arrested alongside Omah Lay in Uganda.

Afrolic reported that the Nigerians singers were arrested and charged with "negligently doing acts likely to spread infectious diseases" after performing in a show in the country. While Omah Lay was taken to Kitalya prison, Tems was taken to Kigo prison.

In a video from the court proceeding on Monday December 14, Tems was seen having a conversation with a female Ugandan official.

She stated that she doesn't want food and has already gone 34 hours without any. While the official claimed that they care about their well being, she stated that it is her body and she will be going for the next 48 hours without food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqVhi9UBl8E
That serves her right they think Uganda is Nigeria where they can violate the law and go scot free
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by kabillionaire(m): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
come to think of it, did omah lay and tems think uganda is nigeria where laws are flaunted any how?
idi-ami's blood runs in there veins.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by MiQui: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2020
The Business Hub is an enterprenual and business team of " 10 CONTENT WRITERS " working onboard a project to establish a chain of business ventures through a working from home-styled participation.

We seek more individuals to take up positions on our team and like you to consider participation.

We are looking for interested and willing persons to be a part of this team.

Your roles will be to write articles & produce a variety of them

You'll be trained to meet up with the necessary roles that's required of you.

You'll learn new insights, skills & ideas that will prove inestimable to you even after this project.

Remuneration is 1 Million Naira payable at the end of the engagement.

If you like to participate, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thanks for reading

Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Angelawhite(m): 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
LeeSantos:

with ur 1kilobite brain. list one Africa country where some set of persons commit crime and with influence and all they don't go free?.

even majority of their citizens are condemning their arrest online. you are here saying I'm emotional.

Are you even aware that the venue used belonged to a prominent politician's daughter? why wasn't she arrested for leasing her property for the event?

Go & upgrade your brain's cache you need it to complete your lifetime

There’s a difference between rational thinkers and emotional thinkers.

Our problem in Nigeria has been: “other people are doing it, why can’t I do it”. “Okeke disposes his trash in the drainage, why can’t I do it”

Nothing justifies crime or illegality. If everybody was to break the law because others do it and get away with it, we’ll have ourselves an animal kingdom.

Grow up and stop being emotional.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
Drakkernoir:

Ogbeni....who are you?

I cant deal..i swear
Nobody celebrate unlawfulness, people were talking from a legal standpoint, how do you issue work permit to a foreigner who comes to do his job without knowing whether or not the company responsible follows directives from the rule of law. It does not make sense.
Again uganda violation of human rights is alarming just like Nigeria, other violation of law in the country so painting Nigeria with that brush alone, doesn't prove you have really done due diligence.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by SmartPolician: 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Ugandans like Nigerian musicians but Ugandan musicians don't really like Nigerian musicians that much. I wouldn't want call it hatred cause anyone would want to gain market advantage regardless of the line of business. But the way their celebrities were celebrating this in the video I saw was almost unhealthy. I learned that stemmed from the fact that they were not invited to perform in the show and were not even allowed to do any live performances this period because of the lockdown. And that makes me wonder why the organizers would then invite an uniformed foreigner to perform knowing the implications. The whole thing is just somehow.

Silly, unruly Nigerians

Everything is hatred to you people

Your citizens violated another country's Covid-19 guidelines and the law is taking its course. Now you call it hatred.

What kind of orientation and upbringing are Nigerians getting, please?
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
I go chop oooooo!!!

No time.

But this is a smart publicity stunt.

If u want to blow as a musician just break a law or do something crazy for the media to jump in and make a news report out of it.

...u are made for life.

Tems musical career has gone unnoticed despite her talent.

Omar lay is up and coming, he desperately needs this hype...

Their stock value will increase when this is over and if u want them for ur show, u gats drop 5 million naira. No asking pricegrin

[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Jimmy231: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Oshokalo: 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
Mokason288:
Tems my gal ... carry on with your hunger strike God will see you through this shit the organizers Put you in

Omah lay my brother from another mother don’t join that girl in that foolishness ooo undecided

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
leave her ,if she reach airport she go hamma better EBA with egusi

1 Like

Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by bull67: 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
even after getting a visa from abua at the tanznia embassy, the immgration in tanzania woiuld say they dont want nigerians in their country. Africans, we get problem sha. if all african countries can open their boarder to other africans, nobody will go to the west.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
WoundedLamb:

That's Tems my stubborn ex girlfriend
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by WowSweetGuy(m): 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
SmartPolician:

Silly, unruly Nigerians

Everything is hatred to you people

Your citizens violated another country's Covid-19 guidelines and the law is taking its course. Now you call it hatred.

What kind of orientation and upbringing are Nigerians getting, please?
Hey

But why weren't the Uganda artists who performed also or the organizers arrested?!

U can blame anybody for thinking like that
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by bull67: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
nigerian embassy should come to her rescue. its not her fault, the promoters are responsible for this.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Osusu317(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2020
Drakkernoir:

Ogbeni....who are you?

I cant deal..i swear
Shut up
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by CSTRR: 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2020
Drakkernoir:

I cant even deal..the one that annoyed me the most is the way these youths defended that guy call hushpuppy like their lives depended on it..and government should take us serious...

Like they were justifying fraud..even comparing it to corrupt politicians...i kill someone and get away with it..makes it okay for the next person to do the same?

Slogans like "all hustle na hustle" is really irritating tbvh.

Lets channel energy to the right course, face the government..dont turn everything to a jamboree..
Shut up.

Get your citizens back before talking about who is right and who is wrong.

That is how it's done.

Besides, the president of Uganda is highly irrational.
You can't Trust someone like that with the rule of law.
Re: Hunger Strike: Tems Refuses To Eat In Uganda by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Drakkernoir:

Ogbeni....who are you?

I cant deal..i swear

10/10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Kissing His Female Colleague At A Restaurant In Lagos / Davido's #30billionconcerts Becomes The First Nigerian Concert To Trend Worldwid / Eniola Badmus Enjoying A "Perfect" Lunch On Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.