Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,832 members, 7,837,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months (5768 Views)

Forex Crisis: Marketers Propose ₦‎720/Litre, Suspend Fuel Imports / Twitter Ban: Nigerians Lose N150.46bn In Two Months - NetBlocks / Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by CheedyJ(m): 6:35am On Dec 15, 2020
Is it that we can’t build refineries in this country or if we do ,it won’t work? I just don’t understand

1 Like

Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by adenigga(m): 6:45am On Dec 15, 2020
adenigga:

https://m.punchng.com/Business/Fuel-imports-gulped-N700.46bn-in-three-months–NBS

With this kind of extravagant spending, we will surely switch up to this means of transportation as illustrated in the picture below......

Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by donPhill(m): 6:48am On Dec 15, 2020
Seniorwriter:

Post your skills

Proactivity Leads To Productivity

© Seniorwriter
thanks for your concern sir, I appreciate.
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Athemisia: 6:53am On Dec 15, 2020
donPhill:
coming from an oil producing nation... This government is a total sham!

God pls save Nigeria.
I need a Job pls
Stop disturbing God, he has done so much for Nigeria and Africa than any other continent...
Go learn a trade and stop all this "I need a job talk."
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by vRendoh(m): 6:53am On Dec 15, 2020
IamWonderful:
We have crude oil but we are importing petrol, kerosene and diesel, Nigeria politics is disaster

Only LAZY maggots does this!
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by donPhill(m): 6:59am On Dec 15, 2020
Athemisia:

Stop disturbing God, he has done so much for Nigeria and Africa than any other continent...
Go learn a trade and stop all this "I need a job talk."
thank you sir, pls do you have any for me?
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:03am On Dec 15, 2020
Hehehe
This is not a country!
How else can we explain to idiotss?
Dummies with a slave mentality??
Did anybody pay back the Royal Niger Company the money paid for Nigeria?
This is a British estate ruled by proxies,

The sooner it is broken up and everybody goes back to his tent, the better, otherwise we would remain a third world nation, coz as the south attempts to build, the agents of the British in the North, people who proudly claim to be Arabs will knock it down,
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Kwara1stson: 7:05am On Dec 15, 2020
Farki:
The president should sack the minister of petroleum immediately. His performance has been nothing to write home about.

The president should also query the minister of petroleum for the glaring corruption happening under his nose.
werey is the president not the minister of petroleum?
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by CodeTemplar: 7:07am On Dec 15, 2020
Imagine those fuel had been refined locally, it could have employed hands.
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Athemisia: 7:09am On Dec 15, 2020
donPhill:
thank you sir, pls do you have any for me?
You still get my point... I don't give job
What are your skills?
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Rebuke: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2020
They import fuel but locked the boarder and stopped poor Nigerians from importing rice and other common commodities that the poor masses enjoy and use to sustain their livelihood.

What else do yhu call stupidity? Is this government not brainless and wicked?

Only the things that will affect the common man deserve been shot down but fuel importation is such a must for the government.

Why not stop the importation of fuel too to encourage productivity, isn't that why yhu lock the boarder in the first place?

Bunch of silly miscreants. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by specialmati(m): 7:29am On Dec 15, 2020
tinubu self how you take package this bubu give people na grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 15, 2020
CheedyJ:
Is it that we can’t build refineries in this country or if we do ,it won’t work? I just don’t understand

1. There are about 4 refienreis under construction in Nigeria, with at least two able to refine PMS or petrol among other things

2.The reason why we are importing fuel is because since the 1980's we have been selling fuel at a loss in Nigeria and paying a subsidy which does not cover the losses adequately. As a result there isn't enough money to maintain and upgrande refineres by NNPC and build new ones.

The private refienres going up now will work if Nigerians allow the people refining and distributing the fuel to control the price, not government.

Niger is selling us fuel...because they have a working refinery, which is because they sell fuel there at 374 naira per liter, meaning they have enough profits to keep up their refinery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 15, 2020
Rebuke:
They import fuel but locked the boarder and stopped poor Nigerians from importing rice and other common commodities that the poor masses enjoy and use to sustain their livelihood.

What else do yhu call stupidity? Is this government not brainless and wicked?

Only the things that will affect the common man deserve been shot down but fuel importation is such a must for the government.

Why not stop the importation of fuel too to encourage productivity, isn't that why yhu lock the boarder in the first place?

Bunch of silly miscreants. undecided undecided undecided undecided

1.Well, if government stopped impprting fuel, there would be mass scarcity on our hands

2.Because Nigeria has been subsidising fuel....we don't have enough cash to maintain refinereis...and subsequently the big oil guys prefer to import rather than export.

(If you were baking loaves of bread at 300 per loaf, and you sell at N400 per loaf, you would have a profit of N100 per loaf, enough to expand and maintain your bakery and pay staff. But if government steps in and tells you to sell your bread at N100 and pays you a subsidy of N50, that means you lose N150 . Your bakery runs aground).

3.The government shut the borders because
a) They were tired of people importing fuel, collecting subsidy money and then smuggling the fuel to Niger and Benin where it costs N316-374 per liter and selling it there for profits...meaning government was wasting money for nothing

b) They don't want to remove subsides because it m,eans fuel costing N300 or more per liter here.

4.The only solution...government makes fuel refining profitable in Nigeria. Allow Dangote to sell fuel to marketers at his price and allow the same marketeers to sell fuel to Nigerians at their price...meaning fuel costs N300 per liter or more, BUT...more refineres, more investment, more jobs, increased production and lower prices.

1 Like

Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by MyGeneration(m): 7:40am On Dec 15, 2020
Stop saying fuel gulped. Is the fuel being supplied to Nigerians for free?

Why don't u tell us how much was made from the fuel sales
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:40am On Dec 15, 2020
Can someone explain to me how this thing works pls. I've been hearing of dsdp since the time of Jonathan yet they always still talk of subsidy and how our fuel price is affected by international oil price.
How does it make sense pls?
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

1.Well, if government stopped impprting fuel, there would be mass scarcity on our hands

2.Because Nigeria has been subsidising fuel....we don't have enough cash to maintain refinereis...and subsequently the big oil guys prefer to import rather than export.

(If you were baking loaves of bread at 300 per loaf, and you sell at N400 per loaf, you would have a profit of N100 per loaf, enough to expand and maintain your bakery and pay staff. But if government steps in and tells you to sell your bread at N100 and pays you a subsidy of N50, that means you lose N150 . Your bakery runs aground).

3.The government shut the borders because
a) They were tired of people importing fuel, collecting subsidy money and then smuggling the fuel to Niger and Benin where it costs N316-374 per liter and selling it there for profits...meaning government was wasting money for nothing

b) They don't want to remove subsides because it m,eans fuel costing N300 or more per liter here.

4.The only solution...government makes fuel refining profitable in Nigeria. Allow Dangote to sell fuel to marketers at his price and allow the same marketeers to sell fuel to Nigerians at their price...meaning fuel costs N300 per liter or more, BUT...more refineres, more investment, more jobs, increased production and lower prices.
I can spot this guy in a sea of fingerlings.
Always playing the chameleon.
Cicero is gone. Philip is rested. Now it's Claudius.
Bojuboju o
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:46am On Dec 15, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

1. There are about 4 refienreis under construction in Nigeria, with at least two able to refine PMS or petrol among other things

2.The reason why we are importing fuel is because since the 1980's we have been selling fuel at a loss in Nigeria and paying a subsidy which does not cover the losses adequately. As a result there isn't enough money to maintain and upgrande refineres by NNPC and build new ones.

The private refienres going up now will work if Nigerians allow the people refining and distributing the fuel to control the price, not government.

Niger is selling us fuel...because they have a working refinery, which is because they sell fuel there at 374 naira per liter, meaning they have enough profits to keep up their refinery.

You and I know that your no2 is a lie sha undecided
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

You and I know that your no2 is a lie sha undecided

You don't understand how subsidy works, or why price controls are a bad idea for the economy.

You want fuel at low prices because you think that capitalism is a bad idea.
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 15, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

I can spot this guy in a sea of fingerlings.
Always playing the chameleon.
Cicero is gone. Philip is rested. Now it's Claudius.
Bojuboju o

Sometimes one needs to take a break form the hate and yelling on this site.
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by slowice(m): 8:01am On Dec 15, 2020
gaetano:
Me I'v been working really hard so I can leave this country as soon as possible. I want to make sure my unborn children don't go through the same shit i did.

That's the best decision a Nigerian can make as of today. ... Baba you can share ideas with me on this japa subject. I'm tired
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by slowice(m): 8:03am On Dec 15, 2020
The most corrupt sector in Nigeria.... Where people earn billions for doing absolutely nothing and the government look the other way. It should be privatised in the most transparent manner for it to ever work.
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Tekrify(m): 8:16am On Dec 15, 2020
Are you an illiterate..is the minister of petroleum not Buhari... Dickson is acting under buhari... besides is Dickson in charge of NNPC whose refineries are down since Obasanjo..
Why not query Jonathan Yar adua and OBJ...they are all responsible for this mess...they left the refinery to rot all this years...d only saving grace is dangote
Farki:
The president should sack the minister of petroleum immediately. His performance has been nothing to write home about.

The president should also query the minister of petroleum for the glaring corruption happening under his nose.
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Ogbeniomo: 8:17am On Dec 15, 2020
Farki:

And who is the minister of petroleum??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by ShenTeh(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2020
simplexvi:
When atiku said he will privatise oils sector, una b wan eat him raw, now a country that has oil in exccess, now imports fuel..

They are all the same my brother.

Some others too would have said 'when Buhari promised you one modular refinery per month you people refused to vote for him'

Anything that will make a career politician get your vote.
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by ShenTeh(m): 9:08am On Dec 15, 2020
Farki:

It seems a lot of people have missed the point of this post. grin

If the president/presidency ever thinks this way, he/they would have long resigned, because Buhari doubles as the Petroleum Minister.
Re: NBS: Fuel Imports Gulped N700.46bn In Three Months by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:17am On Dec 15, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

You don't understand how subsidy works, or why price controls are a bad idea for the economy.

You want fuel at low prices because you think that capitalism is a bad idea.

I don't think capitalism is a bad idea. What I don't subscribe is your propaganda of pushing an agenda of capitalism cures all ills.

It's a cheap lie and an attempt to absolve govt of its responsibilities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Shouldn’t Be Hungry, Insecure, Shariah Council Tells FG / Is Nairaland Biased? / Buhari Declares Free Tuition In All Federal Universities & Polytechnics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.