Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? (945 Views)

Chinmark Investors Cry Out For Help; Say "We Want Our Money Back" / Fake Vendor And Riper Known As Konami Real Name Shola Wanted / "Oyinbo We Can't Send Your Money Back, We Used It To Buy Benz" - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? by Unequivocal: 8:38am On Dec 15, 2020
Greetings Nlanders,

I'm not sure as to the section this belongs but I think here can surfice.

It all started around 22nd of August when I mentioned to a friend that I wanted to purchase a better laptop as my current one (as at then) was lagging. I mentioned the specs I was looking out for to him and I told him my budget was in the 150,000 - 200,000 naira range.
So he suggested I go for London used.

He referred me to one Mr Ikenna. According to my friend, he (Mr Ikenna) is well versed in terms of laptop testing and can detect even the minutest of faults.

I contacted Mr. Ikenna and he asked about the specs, after telling him, he said it's available for 175,000. I asked him to send pictures/videos which he sent.

With every thing looking good, I sent him #100,000 as part payment and I promised to send the rest after I get the laptop. A week later he said I should #25,000 that he wants to change the HDD to SSD. I obliged.

Meanwhile my friend, after seeing the pictures Mr Ikenna sent, borrowed #100,000 and sent it to Mr Ikenna.

He promised to send both laptops withing two weeks and ever since then, it's been excuse on excuses. (I'll attach some the excuses)

It's been almost 4 months now, there is no laptop, no refund and recently he stopped taking our calls. I would appreciate if I can get suggestions as to the best way to handle this.

Re: Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? by adecz: 8:39am On Dec 15, 2020
Are you sure no be your friend
be the fictitious Mr Ikenna? undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? by Unequivocal: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2020
adecz:

Are you sure no be your friend
be the fictitious Mr Ikenna? undecided undecided lipsrsealed

No he is not, I've verified that.
Re: Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? by Achor1111(m): 8:45am On Dec 15, 2020
Unequivocal:
Greetings Nlanders,

I'm not sure as to the section this belongs but I think here can surfice.

It all started around 22nd of August when I mentioned to a friend that I wanted to purchase a better laptop as my current one (as at then) was lagging. I mentioned the specs I was looking out for to him and I told him my budget was in the 150,000 - 200,000 naira range.
So he suggested I go for London used.

He referred me to one Mr Ikenna. According to my friend, he (Mr Ikenna) is well versed in terms of laptop testing and can detect even the minutest of faults.

I contacted Mr. Ikenna and he asked about the specs, after telling him, he said it's available for 175,000. I asked him to send pictures/videos which he sent.

With every thing looking good, I sent him #100,000 as part payment and I promised to send the rest after I get the laptop. A week later he said I should #25,000 that he wants to change the HDD to SSD. I obliged.

Meanwhile my friend, after seeing the pictures Mr Ikenna sent, borrowed #100,000 and sent it to Mr Ikenna.

He promised to send both laptops withing two weeks and ever since then, it's been excuse on excuses. (I'll attach some the excuses)

It's been almost 4 months now, there is no laptop, no refund and recently he stopped taking our calls. I would appreciate if I can get suggestions as to the best way to handle this.
Send a mail to his bank, copying your own bank, efcc and anti fraud unit of CBN.
Within 10 working day your money is back
Re: Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? by DoubleEngine007: 10:41am On Dec 15, 2020
Achor1111:

Send a mail to his bank, copying your own bank, efcc and anti fraud unit of CBN.
Op this is the solution to your 4months old lappy problem... He go fall out with ya money.. grin
Re: Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? by Unequivocal: 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
Achor1111:

Thanks bro, I appreciate
Re: Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? by Achor1111(m): 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
Unequivocal:

Thanks bro, I appreciate
Welcome.
Re: Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
am always angry if I hear all these type of issues...how can u pay for something u have not seen and inspected physically in Naija where we dey.that's was how my elder sis paid for an EOD in 2013 because her friend sent pics and confirmed it,when the car land na confam scrap.I can not buy what I've not seen that's why I don't even buy things online or preorder .
Re: Help: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Fake Vendor?? by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 16, 2020
It still baffles me how someone will send money to a fellow youve not met.

How about making payment on delivery? Isn't that safer? At least you'll check the condition of what you're buying before making payment.

You can start by first arresting your friend who recommended the Ike to you. From there he will lead the police to the him (Ike). Otherwise, your money is gone.

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Yahoo Arrested In Kenya Transporting 347 Million Naira To Dubai / Police Nab Two Gunmen With Army Uniform, AK-47 In Owerri / NDLEA Arrests SS2 Student, Seizes London-bound Cocaine In Latest Drug Busts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.