Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos (28993 Views)

From Econet To Airtel: How Many Times Has The Telco Changed Hands? / See How Much A Nokia 3310 Plus Econet Line Cost In 2001 / OPPO Mobile Opens A New Service Centre In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Ademat7(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
bigtt76:
Econet that cannot keep their mobile licence wants to come and involve in data center business cheesy

You don't jack about what went down, hope you know it's one of d reasons why James Ibori went to prison.

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by chinchonglee(m): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

This is bad.
when you see others do something bad,you correct them.
You don't have to be an online tribalist,it may be tempting but you don't have to do it.
I have to...
If u use twitter often, then u ll see reasons with me.
Any small thing they call out the Igbos.
During EndSars some yeye pple accused the igbos of staging it.
Yorubas and Hausas were fighting at fagba the other day, the still had to involve the igbos...
Wetin igbos do dem
If they like chest beating, den ignore dem and move on.

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by loopman: 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ournolly:

'leach' indeed.
Product of Awolowo half education on the loose.

They asked you to go to school, you said NO, it’s online truancy you prefer.

I know the word is above your pay-grade so you can’t know the meaning grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by nengibo: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
loopman:

Truth is always bitter
Which kind bag agbo sellers dey carry, when they enter bus
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by rusher14: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
tatatar:
No one is investing in the South East sad

Nnamdi Kanu invested in security recently.

2 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by winterfell007(m): 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
Gracchus:
Lmao.riggtly siad bro.100 million dollars investment in a jiffy,not some 2*2 shop around one corner,masiyiwa wont even claim to co ntrol yet one shop owner thinks without him lagos economy would collapse,if they were so great they cohld have made their regioneconomy 10x bigger thsn that of lagos simce they constitute 99.9% of the population

You quickly forget SME in any country is the engine of growth and prosperity. That's why government around the world try to formulate good policies that sees to their continued existence and prosperity.
Those two by two shops you are mocking, you've forgotten though they look small but they come in numbers. That's where the strength comes from. If Fashola reasoned in a myopic way, he wouldn't have bothered reconstructing the roads in Alaba, Idumota and Tradefair markets and LIRS install mini-offices for tax remittances, he should have just dismissed those two-by-two shops as insignificant and unworthy of any attention. But he was wise to know that those shops constitute the SMEs which is vital part of Lagos economy, so use your brain when next you want to insult those igbos boy because the money they raking in can feed your community people for a whole year nonstop.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by chinchonglee(m): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Tell me exactly what you have earned,that's Is one of the reasons other blacks hate Nigerians, you guys are just too proud.(it is a pity they categories all of us as Nigerians)
Boasting upon nothing,what have you done that no one has Done.
They ve earned money...
Real money...
Yoruba chest beat too. Its an individual something.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Fmghewzy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
chinchonglee:

I have to...
If u use twitter often, then u ll see reasons with me.
Any small thing they call out the Igbos.
During EndSars some yeye pple accused the igbos of staging it.
Yorubas and Hausas were fighting at fagba the other day, the still had to involve the igbos...
Wetin igbos do dem
If they like chest beating, den ignore dem and move on.

Really Like seriously so victim mentality again,like you guys don't do the same.

On a serious note change!!!!!
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by loopman: 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

I am also a yoruba man,and I have no issue with igbo people.
Except the ones on Nairaland,they are the most tribalistic set of people I know.
Anytime I show their senseless comments to my igbo friends,they keep telling me to ignore their stupidity.
Sometimes I feel like cautioning a yoruba man or hausa anytime they act stupid(tribalistic) ,but I just let them be cause majority of this people are very ungrateful.(developers).
They are worse

Just ignore him, let him be forming sophisticated yoruba man with people that treats him like trash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
mukthar2000:
This Econet people have stated again, hope ur network and model we be better this time.
Do u known the meaning of data centre? Data center is not telecommunications service but purely cloud services.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by loopman: 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
rusher14:

Nnamdi Kanu invested in security recently.

Lmaooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Fmghewzy(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
chinchonglee:

They ve earned money...
Real money...
Yoruba chest beat too. Its an individual something.
Lol which money??
Yes Yoruba show off ,but don't chestbeat.
There is difference!

2 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by loopman: 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
nengibo:

Which kind bag agbo sellers dey carry, when they enter bus

When next you see one, ask him

Bladdy osu

2 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by winterfell007(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Alaye shut up,stop talking nonsense.

I can boldly tell you I never watch African magic this year.
I rarely watch TV,cos I have more important things to do with my time.

Take it or leave it,80% of you guys on this forum have really bad personality, you need to address that.

That's because you choose to listen to lousy tribalistic igbos online that have nothing meaningful to do other than shout IPOB. The real igbos are hardly online and don't have time for these childish enthic banters. To them, sales and market is what they're occupied with most of the time

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Naijaarchive(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
The same econet... Econet... Nawa o grin
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Fmghewzy(m): 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
winterfell007:

That's because you choose to listen to lousy tribalistic igbos online that have nothing meaningful to do other than shout IPOB. The real igbos are hardly online and don't have time for these childish enthic banters. To them, sales and market is what they're occupied with most of the time

Exactly ,if I didn't have igbo friends I would have just thought you all are the same

2 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by TheDestroyer: 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
The chest beating runs in the blood. Go do your research on the under 30 tech start up owners in Nigeria. And FYI your empty bragging and condescending attitudes to other tribes in why no one wants you around even in ghana and South Africa your boys have gone there to disrespect their host communities. So you see it's not a Nigerian or a yoruba thing and you folks need serious attitude changes even if you get your own country.
winterfell007:

Don't use the word 'most'. Till eternity, online e-commerce can never displace offline commerce. Nothing beats the feel of going to the open market to bargain for price. That's exactly why Konga initially failed, they thought they could displace those igbo guys in their numbers that dominate those markets in Lagos, not until Zinox boss acquired the dying company and remodel the company to be and online and offline e-commerce business.
Talking about the tech industry. Yorubas ain't dominating shit. I used to believe that bullshit myself until i researched myself and found that igbos are also doing reasonably well in the industry both in the sales of gadgets and in founding new tech startups. They're competing with the yorubas very well and giving a good account of themselves. Stop deriding the igbos, they have a reason to be proud judging from where they came from and how Nigeria bleeped them and still fucking them up.

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by nkiliuzo(m): 2:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
everything na only Lagos una see. that small plot of land that is Lagos... make everywhere full then maybe they will start investing infrastructures like this in other states, upon say na SS oil come from, most of our oil companies dey lag
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by chinchonglee(m): 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Lol which money??
Yes Yoruba show off ,but don't chestbeat.
There is difference!
My dear they av money.. take it or leave it.
They hustle hard to make their money.
Leave them to chest beat. It's none of ur business.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by chinchonglee(m): 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Really Like seriously so victim mentality again,like you guys don't do the same.

On a serious note change!!!!!
Tell me occasions wen igbos did the same?
They are always the victim in this country.
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Ournolly: 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
loopman:

They asked you to go to school, you said NO, it’s online truancy you prefer.

I know the word is above your pay-grade so you can’t know the meaning grin
Should I be responding jobless tout, who alongside his father crying for their Lord Thinubu to save them from Igbos?

https://www.facebook.com/ifebuche.godswill/videos/2596967860405537/
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Fmghewzy(m): 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
chinchonglee:

My dear they av money.. take it or leave it.
They hustle hard to make their money.
Leave them to chest beat. It's none of ur business.

I don't care if they show off their money,it is non of my business.

Do you want to tell you, you have not come across moronic threads of some idiots claiming that
Igbos are the greatest black in the world.
Igbos help develop America , especially if anyone of them accidentally gets a political seat abroad.
Igbos own all the stores in Lagos ,are more bullshit talk

That is what I mean by chest beating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by adeniyi65(m): 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
bigtt76:
Econet that cannot keep their mobile licence wants to come and involve in data center business cheesy

It's our corrupt government that pursue them away.

2 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Fmghewzy(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
chinchonglee:

Tell me occasions wen igbos did the same?
They are always the victim in this country.

Oooh igbos are always the victim,
why I am Even holding this conversation, you obviously have the same victim mentality I am talking about

2 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by toscolee(m): 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
post=97091621:
No be this same Econet first run from naija ?

If they could run back then due to unfavorable business conditions they won't even finish this their new data center in this regime we are in.

Not unfavourable business conditions but thieving Nigerian politicians that were asking for shares as bribe, when chief Masiyiwa refused, they wanted to frustrate him, he went to court since 2003.
He doesn't give bribes. Says its against his beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by zoedew: 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Welcome Sir! The corrupt politicians a la Ibori who saw Econet out of NIGERIA should be ashamed of themselves. MTN must be peeing in their pants as we speak!
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by omenka(m): 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
I really envy South Westerners. Good news abound around them.

Very attractive place for business and leisure. cool

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by winterfell007(m): 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
TheDestroyer:
The chest beating runs in the blood. Go do your research on the under 30 tech start up owners in Nigeria. And FYI your empty bragging and condescending attitudes to other tribes in why no one wants you around even in ghana and South Africa your boys have gone there to disrespect their host communities. So you see it's not a Nigerian or a yoruba thing and you folks need serious attitude changes even if you get your own country.

You've forgotten that victims of the xenophobic attacks in SA, where actually from your own people. Not to say that i don't condemn the evil that was wrought. But don't you for a sec think the igbos are too boastful. I can admit some of here on this forum blow their trumpets louder than needed but ve sure to know it's not only the igbos that engage in such frivolities, your people too stand guilty
Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by toscolee(m): 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
edoairways:
Are they going to compete with existing network?

They don't have competition.

There's no such thing existing in Nigeria.
Only South Africa has a data center in Africa as whole.

1 Like

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by winterfell007(m): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Do you want to tell you, you have not come across moronic threads of some idiots claiming that
Igbos help develop America , especially if anyone of them accidentally gets a political seat abroad.

Stop listening to junkies that make those stupid claims. Even i myself, when I come across those threads, i laugh them off myself. There a saying that goes: 'confidence is silence; Insecurities are loud' you can relate with that statement, can't you?

3 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by chinchonglee(m): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Jst ignore them and move on...

2 Likes

Re: Econet Begins Construction Of $100m Data Centre In Lagos by Fmghewzy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2020
chinchonglee:

Jst ignore them and move on...

Alright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 6 And Hot 6 Pro Launch Party (live Pictures) / Get Free 2GB On Airtel Without Tweaking Your IMEI / To Check Airtime Balance and Access Expiry Date on MTN via SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.