Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Turn NYSC To Technical Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turn NYSC To Technical Schools (314 Views)

INEC: We Faced Challenges With The Irev Portal Due To Technical Glitches / I Would Convert Abandoned Model Schools To Technical Schools - Isiaka (pics) / Presidential Aspirant Prof Oluremi, Wants To Turn NYSC Into Compulsory Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by laiperi: 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
There is a difference between School of Technology which in most cases is the same as first degree, and Community Colleges where emphasis is on training for Technical skills.

If NYSC incorporate community service, teaching and military discipline, adequate preparation can be quickly made to twerk in into technical skills.

Tai Solaris incorporated farming into secondary schools.

The bottom line is that the needs of the Country cannot be met by the present educational skill which does not meet the needs in the market place.

Overproduction of white collar jobs that look down on technical skills needed for everyday needs only produce Pen Robbers.

They are mostly in English, French and Portuguese language and accent training for foreign service jobs.

Local technical skills can be acquired in any languages but essentially in local languages.
Re: Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by Ifabernard(m): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
cool
Re: Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
Great.. a compulsory technical/vocational school.
Re: Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by Fahdiga(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2020
I wasted a whole year of my life with this NYSC rubbish
Re: Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by illicit(m): 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
It should be a millitary commission, graduates should be recruited into a corp I.e agricultural to provide food for that one year
Re: Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by joyandfaith: 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2020
laiperi:
There is a difference between School of Technology which in most cases is the same as first degree, and Community Colleges where emphasis is on training for Technical skills.

If NYSC incorporate community service, teaching and military discipline, adequate preparation can be quickly made to twerk in into technical skills.

Tai Solaris incorporated farming into secondary schools.

The bottom line is that the needs of the Country cannot be met by the present educational skill which does not meet the needs in the market place.

Overproduction of white collar jobs that look down on technical skills needed for everyday needs only produce Pen Robbers.

They are mostly in English, French and Portuguese language and accent training for foreign service jobs.

Local technical skills can be acquired in any languages but essentially in local languages.

I agree with you. People need skills.
Re: Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by joyandfaith: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
illicit:
It should be a millitary commission, graduates should be recruited into a corp I.e agricultural to provide food for that one year

Yes,
Engineering corps
Medical corps
Teaching corps
Etc.
It will help alot.

1 Like

Re: Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by illicit(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
joyandfaith:

Yes, Engineering corps Medical corps Teaching corps Etc. It will help alot.

That teaching should be removed tho....
I don't see why corpers teach
Re: Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by joyandfaith: 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2020
illicit:

That teaching should be removed tho....

I don't see why corpers teach

Some graduates have degree in education courses
Re: Turn NYSC To Technical Schools by illicit(m): 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
joyandfaith:

Some graduates have degree in education courses

yes that's true....
those ones should be the one teaching not just every corper, I think u get my point

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Lawyer Over Preparation Of Agreement For Clients / Ogun Govt Bans Waste Cart Pushers For Constituting Security Risk / Deputy Governor Absent As Oke Ogun Leaders Laud Gov Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.