Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain (404 Views)

Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video) / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf / Should I Expose My Sister For Her Evil Acts On Innocent Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain by dan761(m): 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
People with Legal knowledge please help with Answers. A father was sick for 2 years ,the first son took care of His father while other Children were not showing up .The father later Passed on but Before the father Passed on ,He handed over all the Documents of the Property to His first son and urge him to take good care of His Property and His Siblings It was not a Completed Building ,The first Son Tried to make Some repairs in the House .All the Rooms of the Property were Shared Equally by the first born among the Children ...There is a Shop aparts from the rooms which the first born Builts ,One of the Children felts the proceeds from the shop should also be shared ,But the first Son decides that the Proceeds from the shop should be used to make some repairs in the House .One of the Children went to a Lawyer to lay a complain that the Proceeds from the Property has not been well Accounted for ,The Lawyer does not Mentioned that this Agrieved Child has been collecting rent of one room .The lawyer addresses the First born as a representative of the family who have been Administering the Property without " LETTER OF ATTORNEY " ...My question is this .Does the first Born of a Father needs a Letter of Attorney to take care of His father's Property ? Death took His father away un-expectedly ,Does he needs Such letter to acts on His late Father's behalf ,Does he needs it to repair his father's House .Does he needs the letter to be in Possession of His father's property Documents ,A documents handed over to Him by His Late Father ...Does it means that His Late Father handed the Property to a wrong person ,Should the late father have handed the Property Documents to someone Else apart from the First Born ?The Children are about 5 ,It's just only one that is bringing up such Issue .
Re: Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain by Pierocash(m): 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
That document of the property is same as power of attorney. I do not think the trouble maker has a good case. If others agree,he has no legal right to usurp his will on the rest.
Re: Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain by dan761(m): 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
Pierocash:
That document of the property is same as power of attorney. I do not think the trouble maker has a good case. If others agree,he has no legal right to usurp his will on the rest.

. God Bless You so much for this Insight ...

1 Like

Re: Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain by janvier27(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
You can't act on behalf of a deceased through a letter of attorney. What is needed is Letter of Administration which would indicate the name(s) of the administrator(s).
Re: Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain by dan761(m): 4:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
janvier27:
You can't act on behalf of a deceased through a letter of attorney. What is needed is Letter of Administration which would indicate the name(s) of the administrator(s).

. I guess the Administrators are all the Children ?
Re: Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain by knowhowk: 10:56am On Dec 16, 2020
dan761:
. ?
Re: Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain by Dtruthspeaker: 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2020
knowhowk:
. ?

Go get your own lawyer here this is beyond Free Counsel, for there are many things both lawyers know which ONLY they can both settle.

Which is what they took years of study and practice to perfect, and no lawyer can make you a lawyer overnight. so Go and Engage A Lawyer to solve your Law Problem exactly as you engage a mechanic to solve your engine problems
Re: Letter Of Attorney To Acts On Behalf : Please Help Explain by janvier27(m): 9:05am On Dec 17, 2020
dan761:

Yes, but does not even have to be the children or all the children. It's the choice of the family. It's advisable to have all the children apply to be joint administrators as it's often the case. The application goes to the probate registry where it'll be displayed & if no objection from any interested party, the letter of administration will be issued naming the administrator(s).

(1) (Reply)

Never Stay In A Place Where No One Sees Your Value. / Bed Bugs Infestations In Lagos / Please What Is Of Obtaining Letter Of Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.