Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

N30m Campaign Fund Scam Rocks Anambra Ac . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N30m Campaign Fund Scam Rocks Anambra Ac . (859 Views)

Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund / Explosion Rocks Anambra Polling Unit / Explosion Rocks Anambra: Boko Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

N30m Campaign Fund Scam Rocks Anambra Ac . by mohadana: 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2007
N30m campaign fund scam rocks Anambra AC
By John Ameh, Onitsha.

A factional Acting Chairman of the party, Mr. Ngozi Agudosi, claimed on Friday that he had come under attack from some members lately because of his stance that the money must be accounted for. Agudosi, who spoke in Awka, alleged that another faction of the AC under the chairmanship of Chief Ndubuisi Nwobu was in custody of the money.

He claimed that there was no evidence that the N30m was used for the purposes intended, adding that his request that the funds be accounted for earned him vilification.

He said, “The unfounded lies against me, I must assure, came as a result of my request for the suspended state Chairman, Mr. Ndubuisi Nwobu; the state Secretary, Mr. Mike Ugwa; the state Treasurer, Mr. Emma Okpalaonu et all to retire or account for the N30m meant for the April elections. Our candidates have continued to complain of not getting any financial assistance from the party during the said elections.”

Agudosi noted that rather than prove him wrong, his opponents resorted to accusing him of fraternising with the Peoples Democratic Party, with the aim of betraying the AC. He added that, as “a loyal party man,” he had consistently criticised the conduct of the Independent National Electoral Commission during the poll.

However, reacting to the alleged diversion of the N30m, Nwobu dismissed Agudosi as a “suspended” AC member, who was serving punishment for “anti-party activities.” He said, “Money? What money? I did not receive money from anybody, neither am I aware of any money. Let me stress that Ngozi Agudosi, who was suspended from the AC due to anti-party activities, is working with some detractors sponsored by certain elements outside the party to destablise the party. I urge our party faithful and members of the public to disregard these allegations coming form enemies of democracy.”

With the latest development, it is not clear who between Nwobu and Agudosi is in charge of the AC as each has suspended the other. Former governor of the state, Dr. Chris Ngige, who was prevented by INEC from running as the AC’s governorship candidate, recently denied that there was a factional crisis in his party.

(1) (Reply)

Any Idea About Yar' Adua's Cabinent? / Police N21 Million Scam: Mike Okiro, Ehindero And Onovo Named / Who Killed Inusa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.