Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? (965 Views)

Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo / Stop Using Me To Make Money From Obaseki - Oshiomhole Tells Philip Shaibu / Stop Using Me For Comedy, Buhari Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by Studio247: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
I leave in a compound with about 13 separate flats all in same place

The pumping machine used by the entire compound is connected to my meter which 3 flats are using the meter including myself

Note that: if myself and the other 2 flats did not pay for NEPA bill and they cut the light the entire compound will not have water as the machine is connected to my light directly.

The big problem is
Each time NEPA brings bill my flat alone sometimes pay as high as 9k or 10 we share the bill into 3

What are mine using ? just TV n fridge and bulbs.

The worst is other tenants have their lights connected to the landlords own and they pay just 1k monthly.

The landlord have a mini production factory in the house which he also use the pumping machine to pump his water.

I feel the pumping machine is responsible for the high bill I keep paying
Which I complained to the landlord and he told me that pumping machine does not consume light that I should go to NEPA office and complain.

My question now is does pumping machine consume light?
Could it be responsible for the high bill?

please if you use one or you have an idea please tell so I know what to do.
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by CandyOps(m): 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
Studio247:

The pumping machine used by the entire compound is connected to my meter which 3 flats are using the meter including myself

Note that: if myself and the other 2 flats did not pay for NEPA bill and they cut the light the entire compound will not have water as the machine is connected to my light directly.

The big problem is
Each time NEPA brings bill my flat alone sometimes pay as high as 9k or 10 we share the bill into 3

The worst is other tenants have their lights connected to the landlords own and they pay just 1k monthly.

The landlord have a mini production factory in the house which he also use the pumping machine to pump his water.

Which I complained to the landlord and he told me that pumping machine does not consume light that I should go to NEPA office and complain.

Sounds like it's true sha.

It depends on the kind of pump you guys use. But in general I was told pumps doesn't consume much energy because I have my flats own connected to mine and I use prepaid.

In fact, I don't think it does. You sound like you use the old postpaid?

1 Like

Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by osuulola(m): 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hehehehe!

God will build our own houses for us.
What's landlordship for than stuff like this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by AdaugoChisom(f): 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
He should get his own meter but Bros. You're being used .

1 Like

Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by omowolewa: 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
He is using you, simple
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by chiemmanuel(m): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2020
If pumping machine don't consume light,what does it consume?
Amala and Ewedu?

5 Likes

Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by BREYZ: 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2020
Studio247:

The big problem is

Man up oo make another man no use you settle NEPA grin
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
Call an electrician and transfer the pumping machine to the landlords house. Save yourself your money for other purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by dollytino4real(f): 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
if u live in delta state area I will say no because one horse machine will pump water but if u are in rivers or other state yes it will because dey use stumo which is high in watts, guy is 4 u to pack if not u go pay Bill like 15k one day and d landLord will trouble u anytime u don't have money to pay ur bill

1 Like

Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by expliciit: 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
@OP is the meter prepaid or the old analog meter
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by ggood: 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
Oga pumping machine consumed light Wella

2 Likes

Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by Hopato: 10:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
Smart landlord

2 Likes

Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by gratiaeo(m): 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
Anybody telling you that 1 horsepower pumping machine does not consume energy is your enemy
Though from your analysis it's like you are on estimated billing
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by NobleAngell(f): 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
Should this be in the politics section? Meanwhile, I think you should get a Nepa official to come check it out and tell you what's going on.
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by romenna: 1:39am On Dec 16, 2020
If u r on estimated billing, leave ur landlord alone, nepa is ur problem.
But if u r a prepaid customer, go remove dat pumping machine from ur meter after reading my comment.
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by Luckydubby7(m): 4:44am On Dec 16, 2020
romenna:
If u r on estimated billing, leave ur landlord alone, nepa is ur problem.
But if u r a prepaid customer, go remove dat pumping machine from ur meter after reading my comment.
Point.
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by tobechi74: 5:11am On Dec 16, 2020
Conduct an experiment. Do not pay NEPA bill for two months. Check the change in bill
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by helinues: 5:12am On Dec 16, 2020
Go and get your own personal meter or move out from the house
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by daddy001: 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2020
CandyOps:

Sounds like it's true sha.

It depends on the kind of pump you guys use. But in general I was told pumps doesn't consume much energy because I have my flats own connected to mine and I use prepaid.

In fact, I don't think it does. You sound like you use the old postpaid?
1hp pump consumes 1 kw in 1 hr.. if you pump for 3 hrs in a day and pump 3 times in a week, do the calculation.9 kw in just 7 days pumping.36 kw/months for pumping alone
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by Nigeriabiafra82: 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2020
Studio247:

The big problem is

If you reside In south west
Yes he is using you
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by chegbe1104: 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2020
If the landlord says pumping machine doesn't consume much power, then tell him to connect the pump to his own meter. Bro, the landlord is using you.
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by Patrique90(m): 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2020
Why are you the only paying nepa bill for light everybody is using. The rest flat should be contributing a little token towards paying for light used in pumping the water.
Re: Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? by FarahAideed: 12:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Pumping machines use up a lot of electricity b, even AC can't match them

(1) (Reply)

Which State In South South Is Mfum Border / Kogi On Fire / Wike Condemns Policemen Killings, Says Rivers Won’t Succumb To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.