Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo (19989 Views)

3rd Term Agenda: President Buhari's Supporters Start Movement (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by NwekeUG(m): 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BTmyifLx5w

Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo

After several denials of seeking a third term in office, former President Olusegun Obasanjo has accused governors of also seeking third term, IGBERETV reports.

Speaking during an interview with Chude Jideonwo, the former president blamed some governors as the ones behind the third term agenda.

β€œThe governors, some of them, were doing it for themselves. Because if the president did a third term, they too would have had a chance for a third term,” Obasanjo said while responding to question on his failed third term bid.

In 2006, a bill to amend the 1999 constitution and extend term limits by another four years, failed to pass at the National Assembly.

Ken Nnamani, the Senate President of the 5th National Assembly had declared that lawmakers in the 5th National Assembly, β€œsacrificed” their legislative careers after seeing to the truncation of the controversial third term bid.

https://igberetvnews.com/1446885/governors-using-seek-3rd-term-olusegun-obasanjo/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by TemplarLandry: 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2023
Agba Edun should just keep quiet jor.
Nobody wants to hear nothing from you sir.

119 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Ireportlive: 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
grin

Changing history.... Who took Ghana must go bag to the floor of the house, bribing Lawmakers

Who started constitution amendments

133 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by BigBlackPreek(m): 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
Wayo man

Obasanjo wey I know is a green snake hiding under the greengrass.

100 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by AdesegunSanni89: 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
Very weak interview. Obasanjo is the most corrupt and arrogant president Nigeria ever had.

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by christejames(m): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
Baba Ota, keep riding strong... πŸ’ͺ

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Martinsmine(m): 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Evangelists please off the mic

8 Likes

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by seunmsg(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
Baba rest abeg. Nobody is interested in whatever you’ve to say. Your time is over and it’s time for you to fade away from public appearance.

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by LeoDeKing: 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ireportlive:
grin

Changing history.... Who took Ghana must go to the floor of the house, bribing Lawmakers

You just heard from the horse's mouth.

Prove him wrong with facts, not rumours.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by festacman(m): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
Story, story ... Obasanjo is always the angel and others demons. cheesy cheesy

This is something every adult Nigerian at the time witnessed and detested. Many legislators on PDP platform didn't return to NASS as a result of stopping Obasanjo and his foot soldiers. Obasanjo denied them ticket for killing his selfish ambition.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by LeoDeKing: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
seunmsg:
Baba rest abeg. Nobody is interested in whatever you’ve to say. Your time is over and it’s time for you to fade away from public appearance.
Obasanjo is the best leader Nigeria ever had. One thing I like about him is that whatever he says are always facts. Note, I'm not talking about his opinion, which is quite different from facts.

I notice he doesn't lie. Instead of lying, baba will rather remain silent if the fact doesn't favour him.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Freshtruth(m): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
This man is the major problem of this country
Is Arrogance and Egp broth Buhari upon us

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by LeoDeKing: 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2023
AdesegunSanni89:
Very weak interview. Obasanjo is the most corrupt and arrogant president Nigeria ever had.
Arrogance? That is just a perception which can't be proved.
Corruption? Can you show us factual evidence of his corrupt practices as a president?

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Flangelo12: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ireportlive:
grin

Changing history.... Who took Ghana must go to the floor of the house, bribing Lawmakers

The old man thinks himself the wisest Nigerian.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by LeoDeKing: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
Freshtruth:
This man us the major problem of this country

How?

He is an elderly statesman who is entitled to his opinion. The fact his opinion doesn't favour you doesn't make him a problem to Nigeria.

In his administration, Nigeria got debt relief which we still enjoy till date. (Paris Fund)

The trust we have in the banking industry today can be credited to him. (Bank Recapitalisation)

Baba introduced EFCC.

Baba introduced Civil Defence into our security system. At least that has created employment.

These are just few of his achievements.

Name any other administration with such achievements.

75 Likes

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Ireportlive: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2023
Flangelo12:

The old.mwn thinks himself the wisest Nigerian.

Just the other day IBB was giving us heroic lecture on June 12 annulment and election

This Men are really funny

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by savcy(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
One thing I never like about this man is his inability to accept responsibility for a wrong, whereas he and his ilks are the reasons for all that's happening in Nigeria till tomorrow. They introduced election fraud, wanton embezzlement, irresponsible NASS-ing, political killings...name it. The only thing he did of note was allowing investors into the telecoms sector. What else do we remember him for? He still holds the record for the government to oversee the biggest decrease in value of the naira to the dollar at nearly 600%. Ask him why he refused Nigeria's biggest economy by state allocation for months, and I'm so sure he'd blame someone else.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by helinues: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
Lamba..

Na reason why you deployed Ogun state IGP 2 days before the election which the deployment was mandatory by road after promising Osoba to vote for your reelection.

Why are you also so bitter about Atiku if not that he stopped your 3rd time agenda.

Eish

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Funflipper: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2023
The silly letter-writing Silverback of Otta.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by baaliyah(m): 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Arrogance? That is just a perception which can't be proved.
Corruption? Can you show us factual evidence of his corrupt practices as a president?
h

Bro, I am not sure you were aroud during third term debate. That incident rubbished whatever good thing
Obasanjo achieved.
Till today, I love Ken Nmamani, the then senate president.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by DeAdvokate(m): 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Believe any politician at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Godoverevery: 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Obasanjo is the best leader Nigeria ever had. One thing I like about him is that whatever he says are always facts. Note, I'm not talking about his opinion, which is quite different from facts.

I notice he doesn't lie. Instead of lying, baba will rather remain silent if the fact doesn't favour him.

Is two things.....maybe you weren't born when obJ was the president or you were still a toddler.

OBJ overall is still the worst civilian president we ever had......A man who never forgives anyone he feels offend him.

Do you know how many govs he impeached??
Do you know how Nigeria elections were under him??
Do you know how no one dare criticise him ??

He see himself as alfa and omega of Nigeria........he has to be whatever he wants or nothing else.

Every other person is bad ......he is the only one good.

Nigeria was just coming out of long military rule when he came in as a civilian president in 1999 and he still continued the military rule wearing alagbada.

The useless 1999 constitution ruining us till today who brought it in??

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
AdesegunSanni89:

Definitely the most disappointing. So much was expected, very little was delivered other than further decay of politicians integrity all over Nigeria starting from him.

4 Likes

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Oakenshield: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
AdesegunSanni89:
buhari cum be waiting

4 Likes

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by patriotic007: 3:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
Peter obi is coming and nothing can stop him.....The truth is gradually coming out and the Devil will be ashamed Las las cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by Heroicvic(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
At this point people might think this man has dementia or something

Has is it been that long?

The 65 billion electricity scam that made both iyabo and his families banana island landlords is still fresh in our memory

Abi what is her occupation to be able to afford that

Rest baba and let the poor breathe, don't suffocate them....have that responsibility

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by GeneralPula: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Nonsense..
Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by curlarpy: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
This Baba always talk rubbish.... Maybe na old age sha

1 Like

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by deji17: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Obj , liar!
No need to shalaye. The whole world knows Mr greedy 3rd term. Nigeria's Mobutu Sese Seko.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governors Were Using Me To Seek 3rd Term For Themselves - Olusegun Obasanjo by ecolime(m): 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Baba just fall my hands sha

His 3rd term agenda was a failed project. He attempted to mess up our democracy via the legislature.

I'm a huge fan of his but he should own up to his flaws and mistakes. This attempt to change history is ridiculous and will make people lose their respect for him.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Isi-Agu in DSS custody: Court dismisses Kanu's fundamental rights suit / Tinubu Retains Kyari As NNPCL GCEO, Appoints Akinyelure As Board Chairman / Anambra PDP Sacks Metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.