Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name (1107 Views)

Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) / See What Really Killed Sani Abacha & President Umaru Yar'adua / President Umaru Yar'adua Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by Orikinla(m): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2007
The difference between the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and the new President, Alhaji Umaru Yar'Adua is like the difference between the National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) and Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), meaning; Problem Has Changed Name (PHCN).

I challenge President Umaru Yar'Adua to prove that he is different.

Please, read Chukwuma Iwuanyanwu's Re: Problem Has Changed Name (PHCN)
Re: Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by Bankole01(m): 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2007
Our people are cowards. Fela put it sucinctly in song, " a no wan die, a no wan quench"
"a coward dies a thousand deaths" wrote Shakespare. Nigerians will die a billion deaths and still not muster enough strength to fight tormentors!
Re: Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by denex: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2007
Yar'Adua is not my tormentor. The first and only time I ever saw Yar'Adua was when I went to visit at his V.I, Elsie Femi Pearse Residence back in 1997. He didn't know me yet he was nice to me. When it was time to eat, I, my friend, Ismail Yar'Adua and his uncle Umaru Musa Yar'Adua ate together with the driver and a security man from a large tray of rice.

The man did not torment me then, and he will not torment me now. I've been to other of my friends' houses where the first question they ask you is who is your father? But at the Yar'Aduas' no. Everyone is welcome. So if he did not torment me but entertain me when I was an unwelcome guest in his house, then now that he has been chosen to go and serve me at the national level, I doubt if he will want to be my tormentor.

My only fear is that if Yar'Adua tries to clean this country up too fast, the Andy Ubas, Lucky Igbinedions who are used to getting their daily bread by corruption might decide to kill him.
Re: Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by denex: 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2007
Yar'Adua is not my tormentor. The first and only time I ever saw Yar'Adua was when I went to visit at his V.I, Elsie Femi Pearse Residence back in 1997. He didn't know me yet he was nice to me. When it was time to eat, I, my friend, Ismail Yar'Adua and his uncle Umaru Musa Yar'Adua ate together with the driver and a security man from a large tray of rice.

The man did not torment me then, and he will not torment me now. I've been to other of my friends' houses where the first question they ask you is who is your father? But at the Yar'Aduas' no. Everyone is welcome. So if he did not torment me but entertain me when I was an unwelcome guest in his house, then now that he has been chosen to go and serve me at the national level, I doubt if he will want to be my tormentor.

My only fear is that if Yar'Adua tries to clean this country up too fast, the Andy Ubas, Lucky Igbinedions who are used to getting their daily bread by corruption might decide to kill him.
Re: Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by Bankole01(m): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2007
denex:

Yar'Adua is not my tormentor. The first and only time I ever saw Yar'Adua was when I went to visit at his V.I, Elsie Femi Pearse Residence back in 1997.

Congratulations. I am so happy for you. I guess you now constitute the whole country and Yar'Adua constitutes Nigeria's tormentors past and present?

Talk about being self centered!
Re: Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by denex: 9:13am On Jul 01, 2007
So you're the one that is being SELF UN-CENTRED by imposing your perceived tormentors as those of all Nigerians, classifying you cowardice as that of Nigerians, and generalising the evils of some military presidents on Yar'Adua. Stop visiting you cowardly billion deaths on Nigerians self-centre it on yourself.
Re: Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by Aneef(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2007
Mere referring to changes btw Obj & Yar' adua has problem has change name simply implies that some individuals in this country that will never see anything good about the country are problems themselves. So far so good how can we compare the two?
Re: Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by angel101(f): 10:28pm On Jul 01, 2007
haaa! denex has finally done what he insults people for oing, double posts! LOL!!! grin
Re: Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by Tornadoz(m): 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2007
Give the man chance jare
Re: Chief Olusegun Obasdanjo And Alhaji Umaru Yar'adua: Problem Has Changed Name by Orikinla(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2007
Those who know Yar'Adua say he is good.

(1) (Reply)

Ohakim’s Defects To Pdp / Nans Pledges To Fight Terrorism, Support Us / Yewa/awori Elders Endorse Tunji Olurin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.