Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors (16836 Views)

Israel To Impose Second Covid-19 Lockdown / 4 LUTH Doctors Now On Isolation Over Death Of Coronavirus Patient Who Lied / Luth Doctors Protest 5 Months Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:54pm On Dec 16, 2020
Many people have discarded safety precautions and threw caution to the wind
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by afroxyz: 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2020
Second wave kee una there
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2020
boyjo:

What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by yeniyeni(m): 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
Mr God is not punishing anyone here. Its pandemic caused as a result of human error. Remember he who eat a sour grape his teeth will be set on edge. God will never punish a father for the ain of his son
quote author=SilverNorGold post=97119300]If you cannot see the finger of God in this, then you are spiritually blind...

I know atheists will declare this post as nonsense, but the believers, who are the majority, will see the wisdom in it...

The truth is that we have sinned. We have committed a lot of abominable acts.. All in the name of civilization, we have forsaken God Almighty and ignored/taken for granted all His commandments.. Now that He has decided to punish us, we are running helter skelter for solutions; pointing accusing fingers, instead of repenting and making peace with Him.

Deuteronomy 28:61

Exodus 15:26

2 Chronicles 16:12

Now that we know where the problem came from, we should do the needful - surrender ourselves to God and ask for mercy.. Blaming the government for the rising insecurity, diseases and other disasters will not solve anything.

May God Almighty heal us...[/quote]
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Originalsly: 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
Hmmm.... I can guess one of the conditions attached to the loan approved by the World Bank. Suddenly.... Nigeria is in the second wave.... the case number is spiking daily... setting up reason for lockdown.... watch the death number remain low.... but watch them spike when the vaccines are ready to be shipped in. How can the cases spike... but death rate remain flat? ... and claim the virus is that deadly? I can bet my life... should someone visit LUTH.... they will not find the ward with suffering CV patients. People not wearing masks.... people gathering... people not isolating.... all of these will be used as excuses for the second wave. Vaccination by any means necessary.
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by jossy444(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2020
God save us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by oladipupo38880: 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2020
Na them know. Igbo people will still travel for Christmas.
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Olaideolayemi(m): 1:51pm On Dec 16, 2020
Abeg may den carry there covid-19 wahala for here...They are deceiving themselves, thinking that are our peoples... God is our safety and protection..We can go for second suffering during the period of recession..
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Olaideolayemi(m): 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
Abeg may den carry there covid-19 wahala for here...They are deceiving themselves, thinking that,they are deceiving our peoples... God is our safety and protection..We can go for second suffering during the period of recession..
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by chaloskyx: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2020
LOOK CAN YOU GUYS JUST GO ALONG WITH YOUR COVID 19 SCRIPT AS FOR ME AM NOT TAKING THAT VACCINE NO BE NAIJA I WOULD COLLECT CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNAIZATION WITHOUT TOUCHING THAT VACCINE.
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Blackdisciple(m): 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
And now they want us to go and jampack in NIN office and in service providers office ..

Can you see why this administration is no useful to us!!!
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by SirWarlock: 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
AuroraB:
Is the vaccine for already infected persons
Leave them. Anything to complete the theory grin
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by VULCAN(m): 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2020
And yet the people who obeyed all the so called safety protocols are dying in large numbers.

If only you spend time investigating what the media is not telling us you will be shocked.

There is so much more to this than most people know.

Anybody who is dependent on Mainstream media to tell them what is truly happening will remain in the dark.

Nbotee:
Nigerians have completely ignored safety protocols and thrown caution to the wind.. Majority of dem still believe it's a scamdemic
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by SirWarlock: 3:03pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

SARS cov2...is a virus. Malaria is caused by P.falciparum, a protozoa.

A protozoa is a much larger and bigger and different thing compared to a virus.
you're wasting your time bro. The average Nigerian/anti-covid calls anything fever and headache MALARIA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by SirWarlock: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2020
So you guys can finally speak out. Did we just jettison safety protocols last month? You guys should have been thoroughly vocal in carrying people along on our progress made yet you went silent for months now after your strike debacle with the Government angry sad
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by SirWarlock: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

We medicos are not lying. The thing is real.

And the reason why we are beating the drum is not because COVID is particularly dangerous. The vast majority of people who catch covid19 will not die or fall seriously ill.

The problem is, if the disease is allowed to spread unchecked, the number of seriously ill will overwhelm our available critical care capacity. When that happens, people who have easily manageable diseases like stroke, heart failure, sepsis, etc will not be able to be managed effectively, and as a result there would be avoidable deaths.

During the ebola crisis, Liberian hospitals were overwhelmed by EBOLA cases, to the point that people were dying of common malaria simply because there was no space in the hospital to treat them

Lockdowns are the way forward, till we have an effective treatment, or till the new vaccines are proven to really work
Serious question though; were we ever overwhelmed like you wrote or it's just the standard projections undecided. Cos other than the initial panic in some states with doctors contracting the virus and some dying, it seemed to be a normal clinical affair. I mean we didn't get to hear surge in non-covid complications and deaths(it might have happened but we'll never know). If no then why would this so called second wave be any different?
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by wman(m): 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

WRONG!!! at the bold....

Correction: Out of 200 Million Nigerians of which at least 50 million must have been infected since March till date, only less than 0.1% have been tested...

That's not just low, but seriously inept and a huge joke!!!

That's why I keep laughing at all this charade from NCDC and the medical community here. grin

At least 50 million infected? Like 25% of the population?

That's a very wrong statistic.

No where in the world has 25% infected coronavirus cases.
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by SirWarlock: 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2020
rossniti:

Or anywhere else for that matter. It's a worldwide scam.
even China(the origin) can't call it a scam grin
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2020
SirWarlock:
Serious question though; were we ever overwhelmed like you wrote or it's just the standard projections undecided. Cos other than the initial panic in some states with doctors contracting the virus and some dying, it seemed to be a normal clinical affair. I mean we didn't get to hear surge in non-covid complications and deaths(it might have happened but we'll never know). If no then why would this so called second wave be any different?

Regarding covid, it is best to err on the side of caution

After all, in some parts of the US, the worst case scenario is already happening, some states are running out of beds. Thankfully not all.

Nigeria can't survive a full blown uncontrolled infection. That it has not come to that here is because , in my opinion, we were not as exposed. Poverty means most Nigerians can't just jump on a plane and head to China or Europe for pleasure...even the wealthy ones.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Josywhyte: 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2020
This second wave of covid-19 is for the politicians
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Angelfrost(m): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2020
wman:

At least 50 million infected? Like 25% of the population?

That's a very wrong statistic.

No where in the world has 25% infected coronavirus cases.

No where in the world is over 50 percent of the population being tested regularly.... So, while I might be exaggerating, I just might be closer to the truth than you can imagine.

If we are being honest, no nation has a true picture of infection spread or accurate number... While some nations are testing in quite large numbers and rates, Nigeria has barely scratched the surface (We have barely investigated or tested up to 1% of our population).

So, how can you actually prove me right or wrong??! I have merely postulated based on ease of transmission due to poor containment and near absence of disease prevention among the population.

You are probably in doubt largely because we don't have a larger than expected number of sick and hospitalized. Many are still in shock that our health and emergency services have not been overwhelmed with the sick and dying... This is why I talked about virulence and susceptibility being way less here compared to nations with far better health services, and disease management structures.
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Malawian(m): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2020
ukaface:
Dear Nigerians
Covid 19 is real, and yes,it's real in Nigeria

Can you swear to God who created you that you have seen it before?
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Banter1(m): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2020
How people believe this nonsense exist in Nigeria is crazy. Yes Covid-19 is real but not here in Nigeria, God won't let it here
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by ukaface(f): 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2020
Malawian:

Can you swear to God who created you that you have seen it before?
I won't swear

But yes, I have seen
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by kadiri3(m): 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2020
IamPlato:
I Am Satisfied With The Spread Of This Virus because It Shared Itself Evenly... Both The Poor And Rich Catches it, it Doesnt Matter How Much You Have In Your Account.

That Being Said, i Am Yet To See Who Has The Virus.

There Is A Simple Solution To Coronavirus.
who are the poor that catch it?
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by kadiri3(m): 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
Lorlahlizzy:
People are not even using nose masks and maintaining social distancing again
because is scam
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by kadiri3(m): 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2020
ukaface:
Dear Nigerians Covid 19 is real, and yes,it's real in Nigeria
covid is scam
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by kadiri3(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

Well, unless you
1.Work in a hospital...and not just any hospital

2.Are related to someone who has covid

Your chances of meeting a covid patient are very low.

Out of 200million Nigerians, 65000 have tested positive. That's very very low.
which hospital covid 19 patient is?
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by piagetskinner(m): 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2020
People have let loose their guard...

How many people wear nose masks these days..

People are no longer cautious
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by donnie(m): 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
SilverNorGold:
If you cannot see the finger of God in this, then you are spiritually blind...

I know atheists will declare this post as nonsense, but the believers, who are the majority, will see the wisdom in it...

The truth is that we have sinned. We have committed a lot of abominable acts.. All in the name of civilization, we have forsaken God Almighty and ignored/taken for granted all His commandments.. Now that He has decided to punish us, we are running helter skelter for solutions; pointing accusing fingers, instead of repenting and making peace with Him.

Deuteronomy 28:61

Exodus 15:26

2 Chronicles 16:12

Now that we know where the problem came from, we should do the needful - surrender ourselves to God and ask for mercy.. Blaming the government for the rising insecurity, diseases and other disasters will not solve anything.

May God Almighty heal us...

TRUE ISRAEL must repent, because this is just the beginning of the plagues. They have worshiped white man and his white Jesus; its time to reap.
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by SirWarlock: 4:50pm On Dec 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

No where in the world is over 50 percent of the population being tested regularly.... So, while I might be exaggerating, I just might be closer to the truth than you can imagine.

If we are being honest, no nation has a true picture of infection spread or accurate number... While some nations are testing in quite large numbers and rates, Nigeria has barely scratched the surface (We have barely investigated or tested up to 1% of our population).

So, how can you actually prove me right or wrong??! I have merely postulated based on ease of transmission due to poor containment and near absence of disease prevention among the population.

You are probably in doubt largely because we don't have a larger than expected number of sick and hospitalized. Many are still in shock that our health and emergency services have not been overwhelmed with the sick and dying... This is why I talked about virulence and susceptibility being way less here compared to nations with far better health services, and disease management structures.
Yeah. People aren't getting sick.
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by ukaface(f): 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2020
kadiri3:
covid is scam
it is not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Genotype??? / Test To Know You Have Trypophobia - Graphic Content / Reps Consider Making Nurses, Pharmacists, Others To Head Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.