Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions (54375 Views)

My Oil And Gas Industry Experience At Nestoil – Onyekwere Ekeleme / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2020
ednut1:
What do people gain in posting rubbish. Graduate trainee in shell earns over 1m naira. Those senior postions earn more than 4m a month. Oga abeg carry fake news commot here

Dont mind these people. Graduate trainee earned N850k in Shell far back 10 years ago.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2020
Jollylolly:
this is a big and fat lie; so you are saying they get more than the basic salaries of country's President and VP

Lol. Easily. It is not the official basic salary of the President that makes the president position juicy. It is the allowances and other juicy benefit. Not to talk of having a budget under you.

I earn way more than the president going simply by the president’s official basic salary.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 9:29am On Dec 17, 2020
emkz:
OP, what about job security?

ExxonMobil laid off workers two weeks ago towards cutting 14k jobs worldwide. ConocoPhillips plans to lay off 500 workers next year, Shell plans to lay off 9000 workers by 2022. British Petroleum plans to ax 10,000 jobs and Schlumberger plans to cut 21,000 more jobs. Chevron is also laying off about 7,000 of their workforce.

So guys in the oil industry, would you advise young folks to build a career in the industry considering the oil burst and potentially even more post-covid and also the energy transition?

Even when laid off, your redundancy package is heavy. You can be given up to N100m as redundancy package when you are laid off depending on your level and years you have spent. At worst, you could pocket N20m if you were a junior person affected.

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by nairaman66(m): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2020
Unsubstantiated claims everywhere!
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by xxxXXXxxx: 9:42am On Dec 17, 2020
would be lovely to work with some of these coys.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Bluntemperor: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Will like to see that of NNPC subsidiaries. This one you posted is learning.

Ah,those NNPC Subsidiaries are political conduit pipes where $/Dollars are swallowed doing nothing.Just ask those working there- what has been their contribution to the National Economy?
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Akexstinger(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2020
This is fake and inaccurate .Look at the chevron pay detail you listed... e no follow at all... at least a chevron maintenance Technologist with HND earns close to 2 million minus other allowances in a month. Do you even know what they call a team lead of a place or unit?

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Penboy: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2020
Abeg Shey doctors fit work for this IOC's?
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by dogmax(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2020
BabbanBura:

shocked Oga take am easy woo, too much salt spoils the broth. Which kind organisation go pay that kind salaries every month, shuuuu!!!

If you don't know ask don't just assume. Any multi national oil firm employee receives mega salary far above what was stated above. Let's not talk of the production firms like Total, ExxonMobil, Agip, Shell and Chevron because them no be your mate for Salary. Have you heard of Transocean, Seadrill, Pacific, Nobile... These are drilling firms that there salaries are far far bigger than what you just listed above....or are you referring to Indigenous oil firms then I accept with you

2 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ksstroud: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Trash...
Op come to PH, then you will have better understanding over this unverified post of yours...

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ksstroud: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2020
dogmax:

If you don't know ask don't just assume. Any multi national oil firm employee receives mega salary far above what was stated above. Let's not talk of the production firms like Total, ExxonMobil, Agip, Shell and Chevron because them no be your mate for Salary. Have you heard of Transocean, Seadrill, Pacific, Nobile... These are drilling firms that there salaries are far far bigger than what you just listed above....or are you referring to Indigenous oil firms then I accept with you

Even some indigenous firms pay far above what he stated...
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by SlyCharlie(m): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2020
Jollylolly:
this is a big and fat lie; so you are saying they get more than the basic salaries of country's President and VP

You clearly don't know what your talking about.
For one, the amounts listed are a gross understatement.
For one Geologist earn upto 2m per month depending, not to talk of team leads, maintenance planners and other 'not to high positions' that earn not less that 700k.
I'm even going far, there are more that 1K people that earn more than Buhari in our own NNPC.
Abeg, I don't want to talk too much.
Just know that the list the OP gave abve is a gross understatement and doesn't even paint the real picture

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by endsarrrs(f): 10:17am On Dec 17, 2020
Okay
Icon4s:

I work with a major Oil and Gas Player. Those figures are not real. I don't know where you got them from.
so whats real
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by endsarrrs(f): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2020
Wow
Glaswegian:

Even when laid off, your redundancy package is heavy. You can be given up to N100m as redundancy package when you are laid off depending on your level and years you have spent. At worst, you could pocket N20m if you were a junior person affected.

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by yusufu16: 10:25am On Dec 17, 2020
Good salary but remember you must work for every kobo you earn there. It's not a government office.

You hardly had time for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Will like to see that of NNPC subsidiaries. This one you posted is learning.

NNPC pays peanut. NNPC is not in the top 15 highest paying oil companies in Nigeria, except at senior management level.

Even the GT guys that were recruited in the last recruitments are disappointed at what they saw �. Some are complaining already. I know one that want to quit. NNPC entry level pay is less than N250k per month.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Johnwick64: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2020
ksstroud:
Trash...
Op come to PH, then you will have better understanding over this unverified post of yours...
how would he understand,do they earn more or less
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by jamalnation(m): 10:44am On Dec 17, 2020
TOTAL
Cost Engineer earn 800k and Quantity Surveyor 190k whats the difference between CE & QS

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ibuildstuff(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2020
ednut1:
What do people gain in posting rubbish. Graduate trainee in shell earns over 1m naira. Those senior postions earn more than 4m a month. Oga abeg carry fake news commot here
Which graduate trainee are u talking about?
Abi which shell are u talking about.

If I wan to lie, lie reasonably.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by BabbanBura(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2020
dogmax:

shocked wow!!!
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ibuildstuff(m): 10:47am On Dec 17, 2020
Gerrard59:

He's right, oil companies really pay that high. In fact, amongst the international oil companies, Shell pays the lowest but is noted to offer the best training schemes. For instance, Total pays entry-level engineers at least 2M naira. Oil and gas companies pay their permanent staff in line with global practices because anyone could be moved from one location to another and the pay should reflect what the industry offers irrespective of location.

https://www.jarushub.com/top-7-highest-paying-oil-companies-in-nigeria/

The author of the article is an authoritative source regarding careers in the industry.
Sharap there, no company pays graduate trainee 2million naira monthly.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by afroxyz: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2020
You are here talking about oil and gas when the world is moving towards renewable energy
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ibuildstuff(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2020
dogmax:

Guy calm down. Entry level nor pass 500k are month.
They can pay upfront and all but the salary for entry level is not up to one million.

My dad work with Chevron, Noble and Pacific drilling.

I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by karkinase(m): 10:52am On Dec 17, 2020
Glaswegian:

NNPC pays peanut. NNPC is not in the top 15 highest paying oil companies in Nigeria, except at senior management level.

Even the GT guys that were recruited in the last recruitments are disappointed at what they saw �. Some are complaining already. I know one that want to quit. NNPC entry level pay is less than N250k per month.
Many friends I know r disappointed with this NNPC offer. DPR pays better thou
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Sharap there, no company pays graduate trainee 2million naira monthly.

N2m is gross. After deduction of tax, it will be lower.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2020
karkinase:

Many friends I know r disappointed with this NNPC offer. DPR pays better thou

I know.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 11:00am On Dec 17, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Guy calm down. Entry level nor pass 500k are month.
They can pay upfront and all but the salary for entry level is not up to one million.

My dad work with Chevron, Noble and Pacific drilling.

I know what I'm talking about.

If you prorate upfront and all that, it still gives average that is above a million per month.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 11:02am On Dec 17, 2020
ibuildstuff:

He is correct. One of my mentees that got entry level CONTRACT STAFF job in Shell last year is earning N850k.

Permanent staff earn more than that.

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ednut1(m): 11:30am On Dec 17, 2020
ibuildstuff:

i cant be arguing with you. I used to audit oil and gas companies while in Nigeria. Shell pays graduate trainee over a million naira. Even smaller companies with oil blocs pay more than what he put there.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by banio: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2020
I tap into this salary, #2.2 million per month
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by olawonder(m): 11:33am On Dec 17, 2020
Salaries are poor for the responsibilities that come with those positions; political positions still remain the most lucrative then!
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Obusjames(m): 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nice information

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"There Is Money In Every Dump Ground You See In Abuja";Man Shares His Story.PICS / Lady Who Sells Garri And Palm Oil During Her Service Shows Off Money She Made / Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.