Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:48 AM

Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions (59275 Views)

Shell To Cut 20% Of Jobs In Some Oil And Gas Divisions / My Oil And Gas Industry Experience At Nestoil – Onyekwere Ekeleme / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Yankee101: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
Oil and gas is sacking people left right and center, not hiring right now

Stop selling pipe dreams

And they don't employ that much number of people say, like banks or the government in Nigeria
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by OBTOREPA(m): 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
You are in your house to know what they are paying people in those company?
Your write up is trash, you don't have any indepth knowledge of oil and gas business. So pack one side.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Gerrard59(m): 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Sharap there, no company pays graduate trainee 2million naira monthly.

Olodo!

What do you know about the oil and gas industry?
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Seyzcham91(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
at all at all

i even think say na only me notice am
Amotekun777:
All dis salaries no add up at all... undecided

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Legbecha: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
odinga1of:

If I shop for MP4 player, can i get in one week time in Delta State?

Yes you can..
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Rutherford2019: 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
How much does a graduate trainee in NNPC earn?
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by odinga1of: 1:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Legbecha:

Yes you can..

How does it goes?
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by HallaDaTruth: 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2020
Dpharisee:
It's a shame that after 60 years of oil discovery Nigeria still cannot drill or refine it's oil, it's still under the control of British companies who don't even tell us the true quantity being exported.
If the Biafrans could take over oil drilling and refining in Egbema during the war I wonder what they would have achieved by now, the British were so alarmed that the ambassador asked Gowon to excise that area of Egbema into the newly created Rivers as Egbema Ndoni while the other side is Ohaji Egbema in Imo State thereby dividing brothers in their land.
I don't give a damn about the above salaries which is pittance compared with what the expartriates are looting in connivance with their Fulani cronies who control the levers of power and allocate oil blocks.
This is part of the reason why the Western countries led by Britain will resist some areas from taking over power in Nigeria nor restructuring of the country. They want us to aspire and dream of working for Shell and Chevron and see ourselves as 'elites' while the rest of the country lives in abject poverty. Nonsense and Buhari sad

Elohim Bless you. Most myopic people who do not know what is going on will speak evil of Biafra on nairaland without knowing in details how Biafra is the liberation of Africa. People need to ask themselves. Why did they allow south Sudan to go be a country and other nations springing up but when it comes to Biafra, they try to resist as possible as they can. Those of us in the East have stumbled upon certain documents that shows the British evil plans in Nigeria and why we are saying no to this contraption called zoogeria. Are you aware that oil was drilled from Biafra during World war 2 and the british thieves pocketed all the money. That useless history of oil discovered in oloibiri was formed to deceive gullible nigerians. Oil has long been discovered in nigeria before they claim they did. The british empire has been profiting from our oil since time immemorial. They know that the fulanis are naturally dull and unintelligent that's why they support them because if you put a smart, honest Biafran in power, its game over for this british criminals. The british know our potential that's why they hate us. People are falling for this chicken change salary when they are supposed to be earning 100 times more.

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ibuildstuff(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
Glaswegian:

He is correct. One of my mentees that got entry level CONTRACT STAFF job in Shell last year is earning N850k.

Permanent staff earn more than that.
If u are talking of contract staff, then is the contractor who pays the staff, not she'll if the contractor choose to pay 850, that's good but I don't think any shell contractor I know will pay such amount for entry level Sha.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ibuildstuff(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
Rutherford2019:
How much does a graduate trainee in NNPC earn?
The last time I heard was 300k

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ibuildstuff(m): 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Gerrard59:

Olodo!

What do you know about the oil and gas industry?

I know enough to know that graduate trainee don't get up to 2milion a month.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ibuildstuff(m): 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
Yankee101:
Oil and gas is sacking people left right and center, not hiring right now

Stop selling pipe dreams

And they don't employ that much number of people say, like banks or the government in Nigeria
Not entirely true o, they still employ but they use contractors most times now.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Dbiz1111(m): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
Omo no be me una go tension cry
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
People just sit down and type trash. Zero information. Must you post? I blame the nairaland admin.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
ibuildstuff:

If u are talking of contract staff, then is the contractor who pays the staff, not she'll if the contractor choose to pay 850, that's good but I don't think any shell contractor I know will pay such amount for entry level Sha.

Shell pays the contractor which in turn pays the contract staff.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Gerrard59(m): 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
ibuildstuff:

I know enough to know that graduate trainee don't get up to 2milion a month.

Good for you. I also know enough to know that grads are paid so highly (before tax).

Where your knowledge ends, another's starts.

2 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by DHaran: 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
[quote author=HallaDaTruth post=97160540]

Elohim Bless you. Most myopic people who do not know what is going on will speak evil of Biafra on nairaland without knowing in details how Biafra is the liberation of Africa. People need to ask themselves. Why did they allow south Sudan to go be a country and other nations springing up but when it comes to Biafra, they try to resist as possible as they can. Those of us in the East have stumbled upon certain documents that shows the British evil plans in Nigeria and why we are saying no to this contraption called zoogeria. Are you aware that oil was drilled from Biafra during World war 2 and the british thieves pocketed all the money. That useless history of oil discovered in oloibiri was formed to deceive gullible nigerians. Oil has long been discovered in nigeria before they claim they did.

bros your claims that oil was discovered first in igbo land and not oloibiri is it document? and how true about britain ripping and side lining biafra? is it documented?
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by HallaDaTruth: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2020
[quote author=DHaran post=97169455][/quote] Where did i say in my write up that it was first discovered in Igbo land. Read Well
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ibuildstuff(m): 6:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Glaswegian:

Ya but contractors determine how much they pay their staff, not contractors.
Infact some entry level with shell contractors in warri and Edo receive between 90 to 100 k. They are some contractors even paying their staff as low as 50k.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by ibuildstuff(m): 6:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
Gerrard59:

Good for you. I also know enough to know that grads are paid so highly (before tax).

Where your knowledge ends, another's starts.
Quiet jor, how much tax will dey remove that will turn 2million to 500k.
U know nothing.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Gerrard59(m): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Quiet jor, how much tax will dey remove that will turn 2million to 500k.
U know nothing.

Your personal problem if you don't believe.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
ibuildstuff:

Ya but contractors determine how much they pay their staff, not contractors.
Infact some entry level with shell contractors in warri and Edo receive between 90 to 100 k. They are some contractors even paying their staff as low as 50k.

Obviously, we are not in the same level of conversation. I'm talking of professional contract staff seconded to Shell head office in Lagos that resumes in Shell office everyday. Not talking about the guy that packs shit in the field.

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by DHaran: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
HallaDaTruth:
Where did i say in my write up that it was first discovered in Igbo land. Read Well

i assumed from your write up since u said the history that oil was discovered in oloibiri was a lie.then you went ahead to mention biafra.
oga u should read your write up again if u claims oloibiri was not the place oil was drilled first then u have to boldly mention exact place and stop hearsay.
Oga say something that is documented u hear

World war 2 is 1939-1945. you said that britain was drilling oil from biafrans.
1956 oil was discovered in oloibiri. u see the difference in date what u are insinuating is that oil was discovered in biafra long before it was discovered in oloibiri.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by schopps: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2020
Gerrard59:

He's right, oil companies really pay that high. In fact, amongst the international oil companies, Shell pays the lowest but is noted to offer the best training schemes. For instance, Total pays entry-level engineers at least 2M naira. Oil and gas companies pay their permanent staff in line with global practices because anyone could be moved from one location to another and the pay should reflect what the industry offers irrespective of location.

https://www.jarushub.com/top-7-highest-paying-oil-companies-in-nigeria/

The author of the article is an authoritative source regarding careers in the industry.
Op is very incorrect.
That Jarushub's link is the closest thing to being correct that you have around. There are differences between Contract and Full staff salaries, base salaries, and role salaries etc. Op just dey guesstimate.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by JIREN01: 10:06am On Dec 18, 2020
Icon4s:

I work with a major Oil and Gas Player. Those figures are not real. I don't know where you got them from.
Are they overestimated or underestimated?
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by JIREN01: 10:12am On Dec 18, 2020
scantee:
Peanuts rubbish, can't believe I was once a salary earner �
On the contrary, I believe you leveraged on your experience as a worker in the oil industry to establish your own corporation.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by JIREN01: 10:19am On Dec 18, 2020
Glaswegian:

loool, and the contractor takes 30-40% cut before paying the staff the remaining percentage.
Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Glaswegian: 10:33am On Dec 18, 2020
JIREN01:
loool, and the contractor takes 30-40% cut before paying the staff the remaining percentage.

Lol. The contractor’s management fee is separately agreed (Usually a % of the salary)and the salary of the seconded employee also Separately agreed.

I have such invoices in my front as we speak

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions by Slymontee: 11:58am On Dec 18, 2020
Chei! and a professor in University is earning N350,000

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well / American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff / Busola Tejumola: Is She The Most Beautiful Executive Manager In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.