Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees (741 Views)

All Federal Roads In The South-East Are Dilapidated / b / Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Adelaide2: 3:32am On Mar 26, 2011
Recently I was discussing with my maternal uncle who is a DCO (divisional crime officer) in the police force in one of the popular states/city somewhere in the East (names withheld) and he told me that during the course of their interrogations of arrested kidnappers in the East, they found  that most of them were those who lost their businesses to Fashola's bulldozers and had to return to the East. Without any job or money to start a new business, they took to crime. Asked why they did not remain in Lagos and do their crime there, the kidnappers claimed Lagos became too hot because of the security measures put in place. So Fasola destroyed as many Igbo businesses as he could and then tightened the security in his state knowing that an angry and hungry man must take to one crime or the other.

Other anecdotal evidences supporting these claims are:

1. Imo State Gov. Ohakim, on a visit to Lagos, once said that crime in the East took a rise when Igbos lost shares in Banks based in lagos

2. The story in this link (main point quoted below) http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110324139459

With the various interplay of ethnic factors, the governor, Babatunde Fashola, might have a hot clay pot in his hands which he must set down carefully and handle with utmost tact. Recently, when he attended a debate organised by the Archbishop Vining Memorial Church, somebody in the audience identified himself as an Igbo who has been living in Lagos for 32 years. He accused the governor of using the Igbos to win elections and afterwards, destroyed their businesses and then they left for the East where they took to crime.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Afam4eva(m): 3:34am On Mar 26, 2011
Where's the link.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Adelaide2: 3:37am On Mar 26, 2011
^^^^
The link is up and running, bro.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Adelaide2: 3:40am On Mar 26, 2011
Igbos have claimed 40-50% of Lagos population. If they fail to harness that population and flush Fasola out, then it is up to them to live with it. Although I know ACN, the party of thugs and deadly rascals will rig massively in Lagos.

As for me and mine, I have no dollar to invest in Lagos (or anywhere else outside the East and Cross River). Not even free land will change my mind.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by EzeUche2(m): 3:41am On Mar 26, 2011
Why didn't they simply stay in Lagos and commit these crimes there instead of their homeland?
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Afam4eva(m): 3:42am On Mar 26, 2011
I don't believe this story.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by jason123: 3:43am On Mar 26, 2011
I really doubt if that was the reason. Moreover, Yorubas were also affected,in fact, other ethnic groups were affected but some igbos in Lagos turn it into a tribal issue which is quite understandable, they are only humans.

About your link,
It has already been trashed out here. But guys, let us not bring tribalism to Lagos. No one will win.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by jason123: 3:44am On Mar 26, 2011
afam4eva:

I don't believe this story.

Thanks for keeping your reasoning cap!!
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by ektbear: 3:44am On Mar 26, 2011
C'est la vie. Businesses violating the codes of Lagos simply gotta go.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by jason123: 3:46am On Mar 26, 2011
Adelaide2:

Igbos have claimed 40-50% of Lagos population. If they fail to harness that population and flush Fasola out, then it is up to them to live with it. Although I know ACN, the party of thugs and deadly rascals will rig massively in Lagos.

As for me and mine, I have no dollar to invest in Lagos (or anywhere else outside the East and Cross River). Not even free land will change my mind.

Then, you are looking for some SERIOUS trouble!!! I thank GOD most people do not think like you!
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by ektbear: 3:49am On Mar 26, 2011
Imo, they should vote heavily en masse against Fashola. We can then test their #s and see if they hold true. . . or if it was more empty, impotent words.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by AljUche: 3:50am On Mar 26, 2011
Adelaide2:

Recently I was discussing with my maternal uncle who is a DCO (divisional crime officer) in the police force in one of the popular states/city somewhere in the East (names withheld) and he told me that during the course of their interrogations of arrested kidnappers in the East, they found  that most of them were those who lost their businesses to Fashola's bulldozers and had to return to the East. Without any job or money to start a new business, they took to crime. Asked why they did not remain in Lagos and do their crime there, the kidnappers claimed Lagos became too hot because of the security measures put in place. So Fasola destroyed as many Igbo businesses as he could and then tightened the security in his state knowing that an angry and hungry man must take to one crime or the other.

1. Imo Gov Ohakim, on a visit to Lagos, once  said that crime in the East took a rise when Igbos lost shares in Banks based in lagos

2. The story in this link (main point quoted below) http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110324139459

my friend nchara ramon

ndo ooo kiss

welcome back wink
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by jason123: 3:54am On Mar 26, 2011
ekt_bear:

Imo, they should vote heavily en masse against Fashola. We can then test their #s and see if they hold true.

No, they should vote for the right person. Everyone in Lagos votes for the right person not necessarily according to ethnic affiliation. Igbos will not bring tribalism to Lagos, I hope not sha. No one wants to be an out cast in a sophisticated society like Lagos.Infact, most igbos in Lagos do not listen to this Ohaneze and co. They usually vote in the same pattern as yorubas.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 26, 2011
Yes, let's blame our wicked ways on the SW against, because obviously we like to rely on the SW for everything.

BTW, based on current news, Anambra is going into flames. Maybe I should start posting some threads. . .
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by AljUche: 4:00am On Mar 26, 2011
jason123:

No, they should vote for the right person. Everyone in Lagos votes for the right person not necessarily according to ethnic affiliation. Igbos will not bring tribalism to Lagos, I hope not sha. N[b]o one wants to be an out cast in a sophisticated society like Lagos.Infact, most igbos in Lagos do not listen to this Ohaneze and co. They usually vote in the same pattern as yorubas.[/b]

because they dire not, that is the reality

forget internet, if there is an igbo governor in lagos the reaction might be good with the locals or very catastrophic

lagos is a very delicate balance been fuelled by the fact that igbos are not shouting too much

if they like what ohaneze is doing 2002 what happen to us will happen as well to the igbos in lagos

forget silly words like "we would stand and fight etc" they know better than that

if they stand it would be a very very sad sight for them

very soon there would be an igbo governor in lagos but not yet cool
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by jason123: 4:01am On Mar 26, 2011
One of the comments from a northerner:

The 40 60% estimated Igbo/ South constituted population of Lagos is not true. This lies comes up every election year first by Governor Dr Egwu, who lost his own reelection bid and now by Ita Giwa, a puppet of Jonathan/Obasanjo.This kind of lies was made in the past about Rivers state being majority Igbo. The Yorubas still own Lagos from origin and we are all visitors even with a Yoruba mother and a Northern father. We should be a graceful visitor. The Yoruba constitute the majority population.

Posted by: Uncle Musa John , on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

http://www.punchng.com/ViewComments.aspx?theartic=Art20110324139459
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by AljUche: 4:03am On Mar 26, 2011
^^^^^

jason thatis the exact way we feel about lagos

we are not shouting for post or anything

good luck ndigbo
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Genius100: 4:04am On Mar 26, 2011
Adelaide2:

Recently I was discussing with my maternal uncle who is a DCO (divisional crime officer) in the police force in one of the popular states/city somewhere in the East (names withheld) and he told me that during the course of their interrogations of arrested kidnappers in the East, they found  that most of them were those who lost their businesses to Fashola's bulldozers and had to return to the East. Without any job or money to start a new business, they took to crime. Asked why they did not remain in Lagos and do their crime there, the kidnappers claimed Lagos became too hot because of the security measures put in place. So Fasola destroyed as many Igbo businesses as he could and then tightened the security in his state knowing that an angry and hungry man must take to one crime or the other.

1. Imo State Gov. Ohakim, on a visit to Lagos, once said that crime in the East took a rise when Igbos lost shares in Banks based in lagos

Dude, you sound like a clown. So Igbos were the only one affected by Fashola destroying illegal structures? How about the Yorubas, Edos, Ijaws, Hausas etc whose illegal structures were destroyed?
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Adelaide2: 4:07am On Mar 26, 2011
Genius100:

Dude, you sound like an . So Igbos were the only one affected by Fashola destroying illegal structures? How about the Yorubads, Edos, Ijaws, Hausas etc whose illegal structures were destroyed?

Mr clown, it is a matter of numbers. How many of those compared to Igbos traders? Also note specific places that were buldlozed and tell the group in preponderance in those places.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by AljUche: 4:09am On Mar 26, 2011
Adelaide2:

Mr clown, it is a matter of numbers. How many of those compared to Igbos traders? Also note specific places that were buldlozed and tell the group in preponderance in those places.

u are chatting shit

have u been to lagos ?
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Adelaide2: 4:10am On Mar 26, 2011
It could well likely be that most kidnappers in Akwa Ibom, Edo, Ekiti, Osun, Ondo and Delta (and there are many reports of kidnapping from those places) are also Lagos returnees.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 26, 2011
Adelaide2:

It could well likely be that most kidnappers in Akwa Ibom, Edo, Ekiti, Osun, Ondo and Delta (and there are many reports of kidnapping from those places) are also Lagos returnees.

I can bet my balls they are ibos chased out of Lagos. Most likely they are the same people who kidnapped Jimoh Ibrahim's mother.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 26, 2011
God have mercy on these nairalanders.
Re: Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 26, 2011
interesting, so by extension ibos are criminally minded people who indulge in illegal shady outside the law business practices and turn to violent crime when they are put in check?

anything for money?

also, are you bty extension syaing that lagos is better run than all those eastern states which is why they could not take to kidnapping in lagos, because fashola would have nipped it in the bud?

that is the sum total of the article and the original post

(1) (Reply)

Update - 11:15am: Kano, Bayelsa, Borno; Katsina / N/assembly Spends N318.2bn To Pass 12 Bills In 3 Years / Ok. South West Agberos , Pack Your Bags. We Are Invading Igbo Land. Ah Ah .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.