Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence (15619 Views)

FRSC Begins Full Enforcement Of NIN As Condition For Vehicle Registration / No Going Back On Planned Enforcement Of New Licence, Plate Numbers – FRSC / You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by nghubs1(m): 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2020
Following the Federal Government’s directives on the harmonisation of citizens’ data by relevant agencies, the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) had in compliance with the directives earlier put members of the public on notice. As a follow up to that, FRSC Management has resolved that effective 21 December, 2020, all applicants for the National Driver’s Licence in Nigeria must present the National Identification Number (NIN) from NIMC before they can be captured for any class of the licences produced by the FRSC.

According to the press release signed by the Assistant Corps Marshal Bisi Kazeem, fsi, all driver’s licence applicants are therefore, expected to present their National Identification Number from the date, before they can be attended to,adding that there would be no waiver for anyone.

Bisi further stressed the need for a harmonized database on citizens’ information which he said is critical to resolving the challenges of identifying individuals to assist security agencies in data collation and quick retrievals to address some of the national security challenges.

He called on members of the public particularly, those going for their driver’s licence processing to take note of the directives and carefully follow the procedures for obtaining their NIN from the National Identity Management Commission which must be verified to be authentic, before action can be taken on their application for the licences.

Kazeem further stated that all numbers presented by the applicants must correspond with what NIMC issued to individuals for a harmonised database.The Corps Public Education Officer solicited the cooperation of members of the public to make the policy a success in the collective interest of the nation and commitment to building and maintaining a credible national database on citizens.

He assures that FRSC remains committed to supporting the Federal Government in its resolve to tackling the challenges of citizens’ identification and national security challenges.While reassuring the driver’s licence applicants of improved services at the licence processing centres across the country, the FRSC spokesperson reiterated the earlier messages of Corps Marshal Oyeyemi that improved service delivery remains the center point of the Corps’ operations.

He further stressed that with due compliance by all driver’s licence applicants, the process of physical capturing at the Licence processing centre would be smooth in line with the improved processes put in place.

https://transportworldng.com/frsc-commences-enforcement-of-national-identification-number-in-drivers-licence-processing/

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by emeijeh(m): 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
Na dem sabi, i have collected my license 2 weeks ago.

That sugu-sugu on FRSC logo makes their staff's heart hardened when you are pleading with them on the road

WICKED PEOPLE!!!!

26 Likes

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by karzyharsky(m): 5:30am On Dec 17, 2020
Ok
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by RapistOnBail: 5:30am On Dec 17, 2020
Good one.

These steps will reduce insecurity in the country.

6 Likes

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 17, 2020
emeijeh:
Na dem sabi, i have collected my license 2 weeks ago.

That sugu-sugu on FRSC logo makes their staff's heart hardened when you are pleading with them on the road

WICKED PEOPLE!!!!

They are wicked...for linking your licence to your NIN?

Or for not following traffic rules?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by wagazala: 5:31am On Dec 17, 2020
FGN with continuous misplaced priorities. Now is the time you decide to crowd NIN registration centers? Bring up policies that will enforce people to go register right in the middle of a pandemic??

35 Likes

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by Gten(m): 5:31am On Dec 17, 2020
Nice
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by Yenefer(f): 5:31am On Dec 17, 2020
Nigeria
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by starbuck(f): 5:32am On Dec 17, 2020
I need more clarification on this undecided undecided

My sister registered ® my main line, so every data on it belongs to her, meanwhile, the same line is linked to my BVN and other necessary documents... The NIN number i am getting, does it belong to me or my sister's because if this people stress me a lot, I will freely dump the line for them so they can block it..

12 Likes

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by SoliBayNG: 5:33am On Dec 17, 2020
One bullet dodged.

Forget these fellas and come get your cheap lands, and start farming! PH only.
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by ATEAMS: 5:34am On Dec 17, 2020
They still on the matter
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by Englov(m): 5:35am On Dec 17, 2020
Ok
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by Adazubi: 5:35am On Dec 17, 2020
Nice move.

I pray the telecom section will upgrade this number on our data without causing rush and crowded environment. Let them always consider the spread of the virus.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by Aonkuuse(m): 5:35am On Dec 17, 2020
When they suppose to do the right thing,they tag COVID-19 which they already say is fake in Nigeria.

Now coronavirus exists in Nigeria
wagazala:
FGN with continuous misplaced priorities. Now is the time you decide to crowd NIN registration centers? Bring up policies that will enforce people to go register right in the middle of a pandemic??

1 Like

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by stevocracy88(m): 5:36am On Dec 17, 2020
Is that why I have not been invited for capturing after 3 months of application? Your peeeeeople should hurry up joor
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by dsmooth1(m): 5:38am On Dec 17, 2020
K soon wife go ask for NIN before she allow d hubby to do that level
ladies go ask for NIN before agreeing to date u
even atm machine go start to ask for NIN before Making withdrawal this country is a total joke a complete zoo
yeye leaders
Mmh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by Dtruthspeaker: 5:39am On Dec 17, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Good one.

Which reduction? Bvn is there yet yahoo yahoo still have jobs and more monies are missing now more than ever!

So which security is there? angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by tallerSSS: 5:41am On Dec 17, 2020
this government want play us streetz
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by bowdas(m): 5:42am On Dec 17, 2020
[quote author=Claudiusdeux post=97145771]

They are wicked...for linking your licence to your NIN?

Or for not following traffic rules?

Oga have you ever been stopped by vio if at all you drive
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by sucess001(m): 5:43am On Dec 17, 2020
These are end time moves o.

All these capturing citizens data....it's no more a religious prophesy. It's beginning to unravel

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by primeache: 5:43am On Dec 17, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Good one.

Not until it is incorporated to plate number.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:46am On Dec 17, 2020
Way to a great nation.
This should have been in force since 1999 when democracy returned to our darling country.
Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great again.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by enemyofprogress: 5:48am On Dec 17, 2020
Business avenue for the boys. Christmas don jolly jolly for me and Dominique this year
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by enemyofprogress: 5:51am On Dec 17, 2020
Nigerians go hear am this December and next year grin cheesy
Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by Exc2000: 5:54am On Dec 17, 2020
Seems like Nigeria finally wants to have a comprehensive database

1 Like

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by capitalzero: 6:13am On Dec 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Which reduction? Bvn is there yet yahoo yahoo still have jobs and more monies are missing now more than ever!

So which security is there? angry

now all your mobile lines will be linked with NIN. digital trace of criminal will be more easier.
next thing is e-mail addresses will be linked to nin or passport on case of foreigners.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 17, 2020
starbuck:
I need more clarification on this undecided undecided

My sister registered ® my main line, so every data on it belongs to her, meanwhile, the same line is linked to my BVN and other necessary documents... The NIN number i am getting, does it belong to me or my sister's because if this people stress me a lot, I will freely dump the line for them so they can block it..
I am sure they can even answer this your question.

Don't dump your line because no one will block it in the next 20 years.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Commences Enforcement Of National Identification Number On Driver’s Licence by kraftysprouts: 6:16am On Dec 17, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Good one.

Living in dilution

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercedes-benz Atego 1725 Firefighting Truck Unveiled In Nigeria (photos) / A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) / Which Car Should Go First (Experts Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.