Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,764 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest (17595 Views)

Meet Kenechukwu Okeke Who Sued Aisha Yesufu, Falz, Others Over EndSARS Protest / Claire Ireland Apologizes Over EndSARS Protests Tweet / Governor Ganduje Suspends Salihu Yakasai For Criticising Buhari Over #EndSARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:01am On Dec 17, 2020
Immigration Denies Caterer Passport Renewal Over #endsars Protest

The Federal Government on Wednesday continued its clampdown on #EndSARS protesters by refusing to issue a passport to a caterer who provided food to protesters and helped in sourcing for funds for a wounded protester.

The caterer, Mosopefoluwa Odeseye, whose account had been frozen by the Central Bank of Nigeria in October, was denied a passport by the Nigeria Immigration Service on Wednesday.

Odeseye said in a tweet that she had gone to renew her passport at the Alausa Passport Office, Lagos, but was informed that she had been blacklisted and was asked to proceed to Abuja.

She tweeted,
First, it was Central Bank locking up all my bank accounts, now it is Nigerian immigration not issuing my passport at Alausa! To what end, Nigeria? To what end? I applied for a re-issue at Alausa, captured some days ago and asked to come pick today then I’m told that I have been blacklisted?
https://mobile.twitter.com/Mosopemi/status/1339202731479855106

Attempts to speak with the spokesman for the NIS, Mr. Sunday James, proved abortive as he did not respond to a phone call.

However, a top immigration officer, who confirmed the development, said they were acting based on orders from above.

“We have asked her to see the Assistant Comptroller General in charge of passports at the head office in Abuja. We are only acting on instruction,” she said.

The CBN had in October asked banks to freeze accounts of some persons involved in controlling #EndSARS funds.

The bank had told a Federal High Court that they are under investigation for terrorism, an allegation they have all denied.

The #EndSARS protests which rocked the nation in October, was later hijacked by hoodlums leading to deaths and destruction of properties.

Source: https://punchng.com/immigration-denies-caterer-passport-renewal-over-endsars-protest/

4 Likes

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by efighter: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2020
Provide the people that burnt government properties and looted private businesses in the name of #EndSARS or forget about any passport. You cannot instigate violence and arson in Nigeria, then run away to Europe and US. You said you want a better Nigeria, stay here, let’s do it together

56 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by sinistermind(m): 7:04am On Dec 17, 2020
We are just in a useless country. They aren't blacklisting corrupt political office holders, they didn't blacklist sponsor of terrorist, they now blacklisted a lady who has fed more Nigerians than any govt official. It is quite saddening

186 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by Realtord43: 7:06am On Dec 17, 2020
Nigeria is a shit hole run by a lifeless vegetable terrorist and cow lovely president.

I'm just tired

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by thatsleepboy1: 7:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Lol she has no other choice than to go to wherever she wants to go through the back door. Let her go and sort herself out.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by HitRun(m): 7:11am On Dec 17, 2020
efighter:
Provide the people that burnt government properties and looted private businesses in the name of #EndSARS or forget about any passport. You cannot instigate violence and arson in Nigeria, then run away to Europe and US. You said you want a better Nigeria, stay here, let’s do it together

The last time I checked, some people are paid tax payers money to arrest a d prosecute persons who break the law. By refusing to renew an innocent Nigerian's passport, government actors are breaking the law.

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by olaric(m): 8:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Every word to describe this evil government has been exhausted...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by bigdammyj: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Noted
Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by Eriggs: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Sheuns:
smiley
Na your own side of the story be this. Let’s wait for the other side. But where u dey run go na.
Exactly my thoughts. She wan go seek asylum like Dj Witch I guess grin
Sheuns:

We won’t fall for any antics or pity. If you offend government, face the wrath
na so oooooo. U don upgrade d matter as e be

5 Likes

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by Shellsploit: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2020
We all die here including all Nairaland mods.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 17, 2020
efighter:

You're mad.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by RichDad1(m): 8:07am On Dec 17, 2020
This is serious.
Atiku should intervene. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by Racoon(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2020
Nigerians can never have enough of the impunity, brutality and lawlessness of anyone under this cursed government.As said freedom is not easily given by the oppressors.It must be demanded by the oppressed.

11 Likes

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by airminem(f): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2020
sad
Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by EdoFirstBorn(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2020
[s]
Eriggs:

Will you shut up.
I hope you are not one of the hoodlums looting and burning people's private business?
[/s]
Mannabbq using his third account
[img]https://media1./images/62530592b6cfda0aaaece201aaf4cc42/tenor.gif?itemid=5518509[/img]

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by Racoon(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2020
[s]
efighter:
[/s]

18 Likes

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by chukwuibuipob: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2020
sad
Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by samwise180(m): 8:09am On Dec 17, 2020
Nawa o
Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by slawormiir: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

efighter:
I dey shame for you

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by Eriggs: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2020
Racoon:
racoon
i hope you are not one of the hoodlums racoon

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by Sheuns(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2020
The Immigration needs to explain why she was blacklisted anyways. But anty we suppose stay here make Naija better by force and by fire na, why u wan japa?

5 Likes

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by nautybride: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2020
Osigini
Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by cjudy(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2020
grin
The youth have power.
Just because of Endsars, all their secrets are unfolding.

Very soon Tsunami will hit you wicked Rulers.

5 Likes

Re: Immigration Denies Mosopefoluwa Odeseye Passport Renewal Over #EndSARS Protest by Weedee(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2020
My country my country..
This people still dey find wahala o.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria May Soon Become Another Somalia – Plateau State Governor Caleb Cries Out / Fighting At Barnawa Area In Kaduna / How Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others Received N10bn In Illegal Allowances - Jibrin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.