Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,156 members, 7,845,810 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders (37899 Views)

Mahmud Sulaiman: Soldier Commits Suicide After Killing A Customs Officer In Seme / FEC Approves Reopening Of four Land Borders / More Than 50 Loaded Trucks Stranded In Seme Border After The Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Omoslim26: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2020
Thank God oo
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by merieam16(f): 10:54am On Dec 17, 2020
wont jubilate yet until rice is cheap
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by harmony75: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2020
� � � � �
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Cleanworld(f): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2020
Always putting a round in a square hole
Forensic investigation could have checkmate this but Nigeria still using Lantern to see in broad daylight
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Divoc19(f): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2020
Na dem close boarder

Na dem open boarder

Na dem sabi

Me, I go survive anything

Naija
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Farki: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
This has taught me to always thank God in every situation I find myself. We thought we were suffering when these borders were closed. little did we know our kind of suffering was all the good people of Benin needed to be happy

Don't be stupid please, many people who live in the border towns hated it. They couldn't visit their relatives, sell their goods or even buy fuel because idiots in power left them to suffer and treated them like criminals because of Buhari's stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by kilonshele101(m): 10:57am On Dec 17, 2020
Warmth:
I still didn't get the ideax or z the advantage behind closing border. undecided

Lazy people that refused to work like you contributed to the failure of the border closure

I can't believe someone with a working brain can ask this type of question when foreign products are obviously killing locally made products.

Plus the fact that our term of trade is suffering.

I don't know which advanced nation made it through excessive importation undecided
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 17, 2020
Farki:

Don't be stupid please, many people who live in the border towns hated it. They couldn't visit their relatives, sell their goods or even buy fuel because idiots in power left them to suffer and treated them like criminals because of Buhari's stupidity.
okay

You can be stupid if you want
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Farki: 11:02am On Dec 17, 2020
kilonshele101:

Lazy people that refused to work like you contributed to the the failure of the border closure

I can't believe someone with a working brain can ask this type of question when foreign products are obviously killing locally made products

That wasn't the main reason for the closure!

The land border was closed to "prevent smuggling of rice and arms" and they completely failed!

People were still smuggling, but now instead of legally moving items through the borders they had to pay customs under the table to let them pass. This is why customs recorded an increase in revenue even when borders were supposed to be closed.

If you want to encourage local patronage don't triple the price of goods because you have a monopoly.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Simpubozz(m): 11:08am On Dec 17, 2020
Someone should educate me o, will this bring down the Bag of Rice ??
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by crazycrypto710: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2020
It will only add petrol to the fire. It should have never been closed.
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by frowland(m): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2020
osamz007:

ANYTHING TO PROMOTE THE DULLARD ADMINISTRATION

Those are Beninion �� who can't wait to move into our country and continue their rampant smuggling. We have a big problem in our hand.
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by uchwar1: 11:09am On Dec 17, 2020
Who advise this man in Aso rock
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by owobokiri(m): 11:10am On Dec 17, 2020
That border? They swindled me of huge domes there those years... Crafty crooks abound there..
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by low2high: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2020
BUHARI used the closure of the Seme border to SLAP THE YORUBA on their faces not minding the fact that they use their vote to bring him to power in two consecutive tenure.

The South West of Nigeria never learn from their mistakes.
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Exc2000: 11:21am On Dec 17, 2020
low2high:
BUHARI used the closure of the Seme border to SLAP THE YORUBA on their faces not minding the fact that they use their vote to bring him to power in two consecutive tenure.

The South West of Nigeria never learn from their mistakes.

Lol

This is ridiculous

Because Ibos actually got Slapped with this policy

Yoruba's have Seaport, and longest sea shores in Nigeria and we made so much money from our seaports with this policy

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Akwaibom1stlady(f): 11:21am On Dec 17, 2020
Is this a good thing??

Meanwhile I have an US HP folio 1040 G2 (fingerprint 8gig 256SSD) laptop for sale... Check my signature and page
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Blaksheep: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2020
Does it mean someone can now buy car from cotonou and bring it to Nigeria?
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Jasonjack: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2020
Foreign rice should not be ban because our local rice is as same price with foreign rice just little difference in price. In every competitive market there is always a fall of price. The attack on farmers recently in northeast will be an excuse for increase in price of rice this festive period. So it will be wise for temporary uplift for the ban of foreign rice. My Opinion as a patriotic Nigerian.
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by DonCortino: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2020
why was it closed in the first place?

clueless bunch
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Codedlyon: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2020
dust144:
Ok, watch out for part 2.
this is great news because I want both countries I come from be United. Proud to be a nigerian-benenoise. One love.
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by pitsonbay: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2020
This is a campaign strategy for 2023..... Be ware of FRAUD.
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by stormborn28(m): 11:59am On Dec 17, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

The land of Lazy people

We can't feed ourselves except foriegn food

We can't cloth ourselves except okirika and foriegn materials.... Aba made products and Kaduna textile is inferior to them

You would expect Niger, Benin Republic to be the one rejoicing not Giant of Africa

MISTAICEY02288(m): 10:48am
Dem for no reopen am nah. Useless Government! I don't understand how you will order for closure of borders without putting necessary measures in place as alternatives for people... They ended up crippling people's Means of survival due to the fact that the traders couldn't operate anymore like they used to.. And also as a result, making prices of goods skyrocket for Nigerians...

Ask these mor0ns what they have been able to achieve ever since the border closure now and they'll have nothing tangible to show for it but just unnecessary inflicting suffering on people... The useless Rice they were bragging about that Nigerian farmers are now producing, how many Nigerians eat this said rice? How much is a bag of Naija rice sef? Idiotss! God punish Buhari and his useless goons..
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Bluntemperor: 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
This has taught me to always thank God in every situation I find myself. We thought we were suffering when these borders were closed. little did we know our kind of suffering was all the good people of Benin needed to be happy

But AMAKA why?
Borders that was closed for just months- because no more FAYAWO(Black Market Operations),no more illegal Rice importation,no more illegal Shipment across the borders, Killings and Kidnappings,Drug Cartels, etc.
So,Benin-Republic,Niger,Chadian,Mali and Cameroonians are happy for Nigeria greatness or I don't get it!
Govt should tell us why the celebration across the borders!
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
Yeepee, our developer brothers xmas is here again, time to flood the market with okrika goods. grin
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Wiifesnatcher(m): 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
you close boarder because contraband goods are entering your country despite having custom who should be held responsible for that

now you open it after achieving what?

dumb cow
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Olafijo: 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:

https://punchng.com/jubilation-in-seme-as-fg-reopens-four-land-borders/
buhari's plot to shift people's attention from the innocent boys who were kidnapped some days back. It is well.
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Temidaryour: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
This one na dullard..
You no see the video
Vixlot:
Where are the jubilant crowd
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Drakkernoir: 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
Exc2000:

Lol

This is ridiculous

Because Ibos actually got Slapped with this policy

Yoruba's have Seaport, and longest sea shores in Nigeria and we made so much money from our seaports with this policy

You dey mind that tribalistic bigot

Any news like this...na to start tribal war
Re: Jubilation In Seme As FG Reopens Four Land Borders by Olujobe99: 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
see below

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dapchi Girl: Liya Sharibu's Parents Reveal Where Their Daughter Got Her Faith / Ex-militants Warn APC, Buhari / It Went Well — NBA Scores INEC High In Conduct Of Presidential Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.