Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

What Happens When You Misplace Your Share Certificate? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Happens When You Misplace Your Share Certificate? (2569 Views)

Can I Use My Share Certificate As Collateral For A Loan? / Daar Communication Share Certificate! / How To Get My Share Certificate From OANDO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When You Misplace Your Share Certificate? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2007
my mom has missed one of hers from way back?  wat shd she do?
Re: What Happens When You Misplace Your Share Certificate? by thimbook2(m): 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2007
simple, u get back to your broker with your proof of purchase, in case, u've lost that too, you mandate them to go the Registrars to look for your duplicates etc

cheers
Re: What Happens When You Misplace Your Share Certificate? by aumefa: 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2007
Guess ur mom does not have a broker. Identify the Registrars to the company and get across to them.
Re: What Happens When You Misplace Your Share Certificate? by cantiride2: 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2007
tell your mum to give the companies head office a call and they will pass you on to their registrar,speak with them because they have all the details registered on their system,so they can issue out another one to her.
Re: What Happens When You Misplace Your Share Certificate? by oluwatosyn(f): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2007
i also lost a wema bank share certificate. i have just received a bonus on that share n i've been issued a cert for the bonus unit. pls can that new one one be used to re-issue a new one to me?
Re: What Happens When You Misplace Your Share Certificate? by wanaj0: 8:26am On Aug 06, 2007
oluwatosyn:

i also lost a wema bank share certificate. i have just received a bonus on that share n i've been issued a cert for the bonus unit. please can that new one one be used to re-issue a new one to me?

Just go to the registrar. They will give you an indemnity form to fill and issue another certificate to cover the lost one. The big deal is having to go to teh registrar. If you have a broker, that should help. Note however that it may take sometime.
Re: What Happens When You Misplace Your Share Certificate? by jess(f): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2007
All you need to do is go to the Registrar of the bank or organization whose shares you own.
They'll give you an Indemnity Form to fill. You have to take this Indemnity form, get a Police Report or a sworn affidavit and one passport photograph of the person who owns the shares. Go to any branch of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc around you.
Ask for the Bancassurance Associate there and you'll be given a Shares Indemnity certificate. With that, your Shares Certificate will be replaced and you can get your dividends.

(1) (Reply)

Get Help Worldwide Exclusive Participants Are Crying Within Now!!! / 32 Small And Medium Scale Businesses To Invest In Nigeria For Easy Returns / We Pay Your Chinese Supplier In Rmb/yuan At The Most Affordable Rates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.