Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics (9608 Views)

Can A Marriage Between A White Man And A Black Woman Produce A White Offspring? / Who Has More Influence In The Children's Marriage Between The Father And Mother? / Workability/success Of A Marriage Between A Lawyer And A Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Guddy(m): 10:31am On Mar 26, 2011
Want 2 know d implications or "in" and "out" of a marriage between a pentecostal and a catholic couple. Pls i nid helpful contributions cos i'm into a relationship with a girl who, though not sentimental about religion, the parents and sibblings are stunt catholics. She also happen 2 b d first child. The fact is dat she truly loves me as much as i love her and our love 4 each other is growing by d day. Pls i nid helpful contributions as i intend to marry her in d nearest future. Thanx
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by ifyalways(f): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2011
I can only SMH.
Gawd,Y'all put urselves in prison because of man-made doctrines and religions? angry

Is ur God a catholic or Pentecostal?.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by megletters: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2011
there are laws regarding marriage btw Cath.& Pent. i suggest u ponder on them and determine ur next course of action(which is usually what ur heart will tell u.) Personally, i think nothing should ever come in d way of love, but just so u can sleep at nite, approach ur future parents-in-law and have an open honest conversation about it with them(respectfully too), luckily ur fiancee will stand behind u in this. keep an open, positive and stress-free mind all d while, laws are flexible.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by iv4real(f): 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2011
There is nothing wrong with a pentecostal getting married to a catholic. As long as both of u have an understanding. U really have 2 discuss with ur girl issuess like wat church both of u will attend when u get married. D church u will like 2 raise ur children. Simple things like church can destroy ur mariage. Once u have an agreement about that u don't have any problem. Her parents should not be ones to decide 4 both of u. D truth is if u don't settle dis now and u get married.I am a caotholic and i know it is okay for catholics to get married to non catholics. But if ur wife is baptised in the catholic church it is advisable for her to wed in the catholic church or if she weds in a pentecostal church she can bless her marriage in the catholic church.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Blazay(m): 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2011
stunt catholics.

Aren't they all? grin
You know Cardinal Arinze is from Eastern Nigeria. cheesy

Simple. Join the Catholic church by being baptized and confirmed.
Learn to 'chop' the arzzzz and drink the blood of 'the lamb'.
Go for their so-called marriage counselling for 'soon to be married after phocking'.
Marry the babe in one Catholic shrine officiated by one homosexual/pedo-philic priest.

Go back to your pentecostal faith after the wedding night and NEVER step one foot inside the Catholic shrine on more day of your life. kiss

Many of my relatives including the mallams in our compound did just that marrying all those "Igbo" babes with all their 'stunt catholic BeeEss"!

In other words, 419 them all to get the babe! kiss
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by dayokanu(m): 2:50pm On Mar 29, 2011
Becomes Cathecostal

1 Like

Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by sirabbey(m): 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Becomes Cathecostal

Mr. WordSmith, dont you think Pentetholic will be more apt?
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Nobody: 5:20am On Apr 08, 2011
If you both arent deep into your denominational practices you can go ahead. But if you are seriously pentecostal and she's vaticanly catholic,please start conceiving break up plans,because the gulf in both doctrines will do yall more harm than you can imagine.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by babyme1(f): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2011
Just wondering what all the fuss is about. Are Catholics not christians? Y'all makes it look as if Pentecostal and Catholics are different religions undecided

That being said,my fiancee is a Catholic and im Pentecostal. His parents clearly warned me not to steal their son from them. I said 'Yes mama and papa,i won't do such'. But im sure going to steal [/i]him from Catholic and he's helping the [i]stealing process happily wink

1 Like

Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by modele2: 11:19am On Apr 08, 2011
@poster
i understand ur delima, bottom line is ur friend, since u said she is indiffernt about her catholic faith, then the ride will not be too bumpy. IF however she is serious about her religion and shes not the type to compromise, then u need to have a rethink on how the modalities would go, which church would u get married in, would you allow her to still go to her church afterwards, the childern nko which religion. Both of u would have to discuss this extensively

Remember all that the church a person attends is part of what made that person pleasing to u in the first place, so disrespecting ur spouses religion is disrespecting the very essence of that person.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by question(m): 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2011
OP,
Settle that matter before marriage or else you will marry at your own risk!
Dont be blinded by love.

Just wondering what all the fuss is about. Are Catholics not christians? Y'all makes it look as if Pentecostal and Catholics are different religions
Yes Christians but They have different doctrines, values and beliefs. Just like Jehovah Witness, Latter Day Saints, White garment. They are all Christians right?
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by otokx(m): 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2011
poster do not be deceived and for the sake of your unborn children leave that girl alone OR convert to catholicism. Have friends who are in your shoes, they are all crying now - married but single.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by gillyy: 11:35am On Apr 14, 2011
My case is d same as urs thou we are married now.Am a catholic n my family are serious minded catholics and am the Ist child of my parents.My husband is a pentecostal. it was not easy initially when we wher courting, but i chose to join my husband after we got married,let me advice u dont ever try to force it on her let her chose to join u, u just tell her how u would want ur home to be n pray dat God touch her. As for her parents dont bother them with dat all u need is ur woman's support.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by chic2pimp(m): 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2011
No be for Pentecostal churches the rogues posing as Men Of God dey chop all of una money?
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 15, 2011
If the couple are both casual christians, maybe it'll work.

If they arent, i wouldnt advise it but the final decision is up to them.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Though the one i know of is catholic/ another orthodox church. Some success stories and likewise some failures. No one can predict how these things will go for sure.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by greenhope(m): 7:53am On Dec 14, 2013
I think there is something we are shying away from here which is.

Why will the catholic and some parents insist that a Man should wed his to be wife in Catholic? Where is that written in the bible? or is that their means of evangelizing to get more members or what.

To me personally its barbaric and manipulative. Its only a stupid person that will allow marriage proposal to be passing her by because of archaic greedy policy

secondly there is a trending coin to it which is mixed marriage who will share more light to this.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Kanwulia: 8:37am On Dec 14, 2013
modele2:

Why such hate!!!!!!! highly distasteful!

Thanks for not insulting!
You for hiarrrrrrrram!!!!! kiss
Hallelujah! Nairaland don dey learn manas from NAMAS! cool
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by jeffizy(m): 8:52am On Dec 14, 2013
Pastor Goody Guddy, since you are the man, why are you scared about her parents being catholics?
They won't be living with you after the marriage I assume.

Either you guys go to your church, you go to her church, or each of you go to his/her respective church.
I don't think it's a hard issue at all.
Even couple with different religions get along pretty easily.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 14, 2013
Blazay:

Aren't they all? grin
You know Cardinal Arinze is from Eastern Nigeria. cheesy

Simple. Join the Catholic church by being baptized and confirmed.
Learn to 'chop' the arzzzz and drink the blood of 'the lamb'.
Go for their so-called marriage counselling for 'soon to be married after phocking'.
Marry the babe in one Catholic shrine officiated by one homosexual/pedo-philic priest.

Go back to your pentecostal faith after the wedding night and NEVER step one foot inside the Catholic shrine on more day of your life. kiss

Many of my relatives including the mallams in our compound did just that marrying all those hungry "Igbo" babes with all their 'stunt catholic BeeEss"!

In other words, 419 them all to get the babe! kiss
i know this is kanwulia grin this person sounds too much like her grin
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 14, 2013
Kanwulia:

Thanks for not insulting!
You for hiarrrrrrrram!!!!! kiss
Hallelujah! Nairaland don dey learn manas from NAMAS! cool
grin grin grin grin grin i trust you grin

mama no nonsense grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 14, 2013
otokx: poster do not be deceived and for the sake of your unborn children leave that girl alone OR convert to catholicism. Have friends who are in your shoes, they are all crying now - married but single.
see threat o.because of denomination.smh.

The way some nigerians take denomination personal, you begin to wonder whether God will judge on a denominational basis.fiiiiiaaaaakkkwwwaaa
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by greenhope(m): 11:07am On Dec 14, 2013
The funny thing there is no Church in Heaven.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Kanwulia: 2:56am On Dec 15, 2013
kulyie: grin grin grin grin grin i trust you grin

mama no nonsense grin grin grin

O yes o!
The good old days!
Goooood azzzzze-whoooopingzzz!!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by tpia5: 3:03am On Dec 15, 2013
do people ever do "screening" before they hop into bed with themselves?

after you get into a pickle then you start asking what should you do.

all this gbogbonise doesnt make sense to me.
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
Kanwulia:

O yes o!
The good old days!
Goooood azzzzze-whoooopingzzz!!!! cool
gringringringrin
Re: Marriage Between Pentecostals And Catholics by otokx(m): 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
kulyie: see threat o.because of denomination.smh.

The way some nigerians take denomination personal, you begin to wonder whether God will judge on a denominational basis.fiiiiiaaaaakkkwwwaaa

Funny enough that was some years ago; lets say he thinks not too strongly as before.

(1) (Reply)

Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? / I Want To Marry My Mother! / What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.