Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? (9574 Views)

Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? / Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? / 9-Year-Old Homeless Girl Feeds Feaces To Baby Of Lady That Rescued Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Imokha(m): 2:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
My baby hardly sleep after breast feed,I suspect breast milk alone is nolonger enough for him.please what baby food will be okay for a baby of two weeks.
Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Cutehector(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
Dat breastmilk needs to be probed

2 Likes

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Pidggin(f): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
Consult your doctor

1 Like

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Miami11: 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
At two weeks a baby should feed exclusively on breastmilk or formula.

Do not start giving solids until the baby is at least 6 months

Watch what you are eating yourself because of breastmilk

Buy gripe water. The baby might be having stomach discomfort like constipation.

1 Like

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Faith111: 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
At 2weeks, u are just establishing breastfeeding...The milk will start flowing better from now on and no formula can nourish as much as it..it's even written on formulas... please put hygiene into consideration. breast milk is 100% sterile and remember your baby is too young to handle diarrhorea...

1 Like

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
I'm thinking roasted corn and avocado. I hear it's very nutritious. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by kaziblake(f): 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
Try nutrilac baby food,my neigbour's son who is 1 month old drinks nutrilac.
Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Mamatee07: 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
There's nothing wrong with doing both breast milk and formula, some babies eat a lot and the mother for some reason or the other may not be producing as much . You can try SMA Gold, Similac Advance or Enfamil Newborn or Infant

6 Likes

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by babythug(f): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Miami11:
At two weeks a baby should feed exclusively on breastmilk or formula.

Do not start giving solids until the baby is at least 6 months

Watch what you are eating yourself because of breastmilk

Buy gripe water. The baby might be having stomach discomfort like constipation.

At two weeks gripe water shouldn't be in the equation you know.... The OP said baby isn't filled with breast milk alone what they need is additional breastmilk or formula

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by duperola(f): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
like someone suggested earlier, sma gold is perfect.my baby started with it at 2dys old sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Swissheart(f): 6:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
SMA Gold is right there..... My baby wasn't a month old when he started taking it.

3 Likes

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by MrsNimat: 3:10pm On May 07, 2016
Gud afternoon mamas it is dis ur ftm again pls I need quick response and God bless yu,here is the issueWhen I went fr six weeks immunisation my baby was weighing her birth weight 3.2 and then she was tkin aptamil fomula nd breast milk, nd she poos 3-4 times daily so I changed her milk to enfamil nd she was nw pooin once daily that ia like 10 days agao but since five days I noticed she has been pooin a dark gren poo so.much nd watery,so I decided to taste the enfamil nd discovered it was a bit bitter unlike the aptamil,pls help me with suggeations please am confused

1 Like

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by blesoh(f): 3:20pm On May 07, 2016
MrsNimat:
Gud afternoon mamas it is dis ur ftm again pls I need quick response and God bless yu,here is the issueWhen I went fr six weeks immunisation my baby was weighing her birth weight 3.2 and then she was tkin aptamil fomula nd breast milk, nd she poos 3-4 times daily so I changed her milk to enfamil nd she was nw pooin once daily that ia like 10 days agao but since five days I noticed she has been pooin a dark gren poo so.much nd watery,so I decided to taste the enfamil nd discovered it was a bit bitter unlike the aptamil,pls help me with suggeations please am confused
This is hard for me, cos I did exclusive for my kids. Why not change to the previous milk.
Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by realtalk19: 5:49pm On May 07, 2016
SMA infant or SMA gold is ok.be very clean in handling d feeding bottle nd equipments.use boiled hot water to prepare nd put in d feeding bottle in a cup of cold water til its warm.

2 Likes

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by GodnGold: 7:15pm On May 07, 2016
Imokha:
My baby hardly sleep after breast feed,I suspect breast milk alone is nolonger enough for him.please what baby food will be okay for a baby of two weeks.
Give the lovely good ol'pap.

Mixture of yellow maize,dawa and joro.

You must prepare this yourself in small quantity and refrigerate properly.

When you want to feed,please make sure the pap is watery.

You should also add little milk to it and give the lovely drinking water.

I bet you...baby gon snore eeeeeee! !!!

2 Likes

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by GodnGold: 7:18pm On May 07, 2016
MrsNimat:
Why did you change hon?
Aptamil is great.
cow and gate too.

But for the green poo,I think you need a paed!
Go back to the Aptamil

But if this persists,please see a paediatrist ma'am!
Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by greatgod2012(f): 7:35pm On May 07, 2016
MrsNimat:

please, take the baby to see a doctor immediately. Don't delay, that iscif you haven't done that already.
Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 07, 2016
Breast milk and/or formula.
Breast milk is naturally lighter so breastfed babies seem to feed more often and formula is heavier so the increment of time between feedings can usually be extended.

Try breast milk during the day. Before putting baby to sleep for the night give formula and if they wake in the middle of the night give formula.
When it gets to maybe 4am or roughly the feeding before your family wakes for the day then go back to the breast milk. See if that helps.
No solid food/juices anything like that should be introduced at this time. The baby's digestive system is not developed enough to handle those types of foods even if they are ground and blended to extremely fine consistency. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by 5minsmadness: 11:19pm On May 07, 2016
MrsNimat:

Why are you not breastfeeding your baby? You would have avoided all this wahala if u did exclusive breastfeeding.
Greenish watery stool is a sign of infection maybe even an enteritis. For goodness sake take that kid to hospital before it gets worse.

If you don't have HIV pls for the love of Mike, breastfeed that child exclusively.

1 Like

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by njiasi30(f): 5:42pm On May 08, 2016
MrsNimat:
Why didn't u do baby friendly? U would ve saved urself 4rm all dis stress unless u re working. When a baby poos freq he/she looses weight. Ur baby will b big and healthy if u were only breastfeeding BC s/times she will even stay up to 3 to 4 days without pooing . u will b d one DAT will force her to poo self. Dere is also enough water in dat breast milk. It will also make d baby nt 2 b ill. DAT dark green poo is a sign of infection (bacterial infection) .Pls take her to hospital and stop seeking 4 ppls advise as u were seeking on ppls opinion on d food to give ur baby of 2wks when u don't even ve problem with breastfeeding .Now u ve seen d disadvantage,Some women self.

1 Like

Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by analice107: 12:03am On May 09, 2016
5minsmadness:

Why are you not breastfeeding your baby? You would have avoided all this wahala if u did exclusive breastfeeding.
Greenish watery stool is a sign of infection maybe even an enteritis. For goodness sake take that kid to hospital before it gets worse.

If you don't have HIV pls for the love of Mike, breastfeed that child exclusively.
Which Mike bruv?
Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by nlPoster: 1:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Re: What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
I guess the 'two week old baby' should be ready to graduate university by now. Why is this thread surfacing again?

(1) (Reply)

Wicked Mother In Laws, Is It Not Somebodys Son They Got Married To??? / My Husband Has Become Boring, He Hardly Makes The Bed When He Gets Up / How To Get A House-Help In Nigeria By Elnathan John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.