Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? (181 Views)

What Does The ESP Aim To Achieve For Nigerians And The Economy / Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? by Biggerbrocom(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
The untold hardship that befall my country for the past one year is unbearable
Especially the rice industry it has become very expensive that a common man cannot afford to buy a bag of rice in Nigeria should I talk about other industries
there are many other things that have skyrock in Price ever since the close of our land border, why?

For me opening the border now let me ask my fellow Nigerians if I'm wrong
Can anyone tell me the achievement we've made as a nation for closing our border for over a year now because I can't seem to figure it out

I have checked and I see nothing but suffer
I understand the government may mean well for closing the border but I don't think they had proper strategy put in place, why? why is our government run like this
I don't want to go deep into Nigeria problem but what's the way forward as a nation, as a country

I'm not seeing it

Re: As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? by Jashub: 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
The government never had a strategy in place before closing the borders.

They were of the belief that if the borders were closed, and importation was minimized, it would force the people and the government develop the country just they way China developed.

But it all backfired.
Re: As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? by ojun50(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
I wonder ooooh
Re: As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? by Nbotee(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
We successfully shot ourselves in the foot, weakened our naira and welcomed an all time high inflation rates..
Re: As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? by Biggerbrocom(m): 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
Jashub:
The government never had a strategy in place before closing the borders.

They were of the belief that if the borders were closed, and importation was minimized, it would force the people and the government develop the country just they way China developed.

But it all backfired.

Thank you for this
Talking about China
Chinese my experience with them these people are very much committed to anything they are doing compared to Nigeria, Africa.

if any country in Africa need to close their border against any country it shouldn't be Africans but other continents because Africans need to come together to be able to negotiate power with most developed countries
For me the greatest asset Nigeria have is the people but the government in the other hand have not neglected that aspect or should say have not seen it yet
The focus their attention on mineral resources than human resources

The betterment of Nigeria in my opinion is in the hands of the people (Nigerians) until the government start investing in people only then will Nigeria Africa take shape
Closing the border it will be a death sentence to us just like we have seen

To back my point
Nigerians have not actually realise the amount of commitment needed in doing things
When I say things I'm talking work something that that earns income.
In that respect Nigerians are still developing funny enough there are no institute empowering that
most people are just growing in height, sizes and age but they are not developing both mentally and intellectually(ability to figure it out)
I don't know if you're getting me

Everybody is a gold mine until a miner discover a gold mine start mining it then it will produce treasuries
That's the case of Nigeria
Many great mind in the street without proper investment and our government are busy putting their attention in One direction at the end no result

1 Like

Re: As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? by Biggerbrocom(m): 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nbotee:
We successfully shot ourselves in the foot, weakened our naira and welcomed an all time high inflation rates..
You deserve one chill pepsi
Re: As Nation What Did we Achieve For Closing Our Border For Over A Year? by Biggerbrocom(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
ojun50:
I wonder ooooh
Abi na

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Your Business Brand Logo Using Your Phone / My Personal Reasons For Joining Chymall. / Interested In Tech Or Fintech Startup? Hook Me Up I Got Two Ideas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.