Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? (900 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A21s - How Good Is The New Exynos 850? / Smart Lock: The Amazing Keyless Padlock / Are Cell Phones Becoming More Popular Than Toilets? The Data Says Yes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by JeffDWalter: 9:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
Please help me out.
My kids are driving me crazy.
I do not know what security settings to use.

My phone is on security lock, but the data menu still swipes down and data still turns on, while the phone is locked.

My kids just turn it on and use the hotspot comfortably in their room while I go about my business in our room or the living room.

I want to shock them. I have searched the internet but couldn't find a suitable direction to do it.

Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by Trustwallet(m): 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Go to notification setting and disble it there.
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by falcon01: 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
Haha this is awesome
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by Mustiboy(m): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
See ugly interface

Later they'll be shouting "One UI is the best

If you've used MIUI before, you'll never want to try another brand
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by JeffDWalter: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
Trustwallet:

I still don't find anything as such.
Could you please attach photos?
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by lovelybugs(f): 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Change the hotspot password?
Set it to connect to only one person or none.
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by JeffDWalter: 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
lovelybugs:
Change the hotspot password?
Set it to connect to only one person or none.
Tried that already. They simply click on show and see the password.
I do not have the time to be changing passwords everytime they gain access to my phone. I like a permanent solution.
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by jaymichael(m): 10:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
JeffDWalter:

Tried that already. They simply click on show and see the password.
I do not have the time to be changing passwords everytime they gain access to my phone. I like a permanent solution.
Change the theme you are using.
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by JeffDWalter: 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
jaymichael:
Change the theme you are using.
Okay let me try this method.
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by Tccomms: 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
Well data can be turned on while phone is locked for security purposes but can't be turned off while phone is locked. Hotspot can't be turned on while phone is locked.
Go to settings, then lock screen, then secure lock settings, then activate lock network and security.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by JeffDWalter: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Tccomms:
Well data can be turned on while phone is locked for security purposes but can't be turned off while phone is locked. Hotspot can't be turned on while phone is locked.
Go to settings, then lock screen, then secure lock settings, then activate lock network and security.

Thank you very much. This is all I need.
Thank you.
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by Tccomms: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
JeffDWalter:

Thank you very much. This is all I need.
Thank you.
You're welcome
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by olanrele78674: 6:11am On Dec 18, 2020
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by jaymichael(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2020
JeffDWalter:

Okay let me try this method.
Changing theme won't work. I just figured out how to fix it. Go settings, search for notification shade, enter then deactivate notifications on lock screen.
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by Darkseid(m): 10:09am On Dec 18, 2020
JeffDWalter:
Please help me out.

My phone is on security lock, but the data menu still swipes down and data still turns on, while the phone is locked.

My kids just turn it on and use the hotspot comfortably in their room while I go about my business in our room or the living room.

I want to shock them. I have searched the internet but couldn't find a suitable direction to do it.
Is it that can't instruct your kids to not touch your phone or are you scared of them undecided
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by seanwilliam(m): 11:17am On Dec 18, 2020
JeffDWalter:
Please help me out.

which business is that grin
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by JeffDWalter: 11:35am On Dec 18, 2020
Darkseid:
Is it that can't instruct your kids to not touch your phone or are you scared of them undecided
If you are a parent, then you must understand "instructing" your zealous 16 and 13year old boys alone wouldn't cut. And there is limit to the force you apply when they are that age.
Which is easier?
A. Locking my Hotspot and barring them from accessing
B. Warning, shouting, flogging them?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by JeffDWalter: 11:37am On Dec 18, 2020
seanwilliam:
which business is that grin
grin grin grin
You have a dirty mind.
You should wash the dirt with "Hypo

lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by Darkseid(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2020
JeffDWalter:

If you are a parent, then you must understand "instructing" your zealous 16 and 13year old boys alone wouldn't cut. And there is limit to the force you apply when they are that age.
Which is easier?
A. Locking my Hotspot and barring them from accessing
B. Warning, shouting, flogging them?
Even when I was younger than 16 years, I obeyed instructions given to me by my dad. Them keep going to your phone shows disobedience and lack of respect; you still have a lot of parenting to do.
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by JeffDWalter: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2020
Darkseid:
Even when I was younger than 16 years, I obeyed instructions given to me by my dad. Them keep going to your phone shows disobedience and lack of respect; you still have a lot of parenting to do.

Well, this is totally becoming a parenting class.
Thank you anyways, I will keep that in mind.
Re: How Do I Lock The Data Menu Of My Samsung Galaxy A21s? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2020
change hotspot password to iwillpunishyou if they still use abeg seize there phone

(1) (Reply)

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD! Neatly Used Redmi Note 8 Pro 6gb, 128gb / Smartphone RAM Explained. Everything That You Must Know. / Odin For Samsung Stuck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.