Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student (22669 Views)

Aminat Yusuf: LASU Best Student Takes Her Parents To Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Gives LASU's Best Bsc And Msc Students 5 Million Naira Each / Ambode Offers Fuhad Adetoro Ogunsanya, LASU Best Student N5m, Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by jaybenugo: 4:15am On Dec 18, 2020
Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M And Scholarship To The Best Graduating LASU Student (Photos, Video)

The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has promised a donation of 5 million Naira to the best graduating student of the Lagos State University (LASU) and also scholarship to whatever level of education he chooses to attain.

Sanwo-Olu made this promise at the LASU 24th Convocation ceremony which held on Wednesday, Dec 16, IgbereTV reports.

Sanwo-Olu, who is still on self-isolation after contracting Coronavirus joined the event virtually from the State House, Marina.

Oladimeji Shotunde, a student whose mother is a trader and his father a mechanic, is the recipient of this donation and scholarship, having emerged the overall best graduating student.

22-year-old Oladimeji Shotunde finished from the Department of Business Administration in the Faculty of Management Science, with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.95.

Also, Sola Olabanjo, a Master's degree graduand from the department of Computer Science, who scored a CGPA of 5.0, will also receive a 5 million Niara grant from the office of the Lagos state governor, Sanwo-Olu announced.

The state governor made a vow to both exceptional students, saying: "Once you have thought out what you want to do, the state government has employment for you, the state government has scholarship for you to help you achieve your academic excellence to whatever level you so desire to have it."

Oladimeji Shotunde took to Facebook after the ceremony to deliver a vote of thanks.

He wrote:

"What a year it has been! After a series of postponements due to unforeseen circumstances, I eventually had my convocation ceremony yesterday - Wednesday, December 16th, 2020.

For most of the day: I wrestled with the nostalgic feelings of fulfillment, anxiety, and accomplishment. Graduating with a record setting CGPA of 4.95 was by no measure a small feat. More importantly, I am particularly glad to acknowledge how well I maximized campus life - even beyond academic excellence.

Growing up, my parents did not have too much but they made difficult sacrifices and poured all they had into me and my siblings. Hence, having my parents around me to celebrate with me was fulfilling. I was glad to see them get the recognition they so much deserve - particularly for the sacrifices they made for me and my siblings over the years.

As a proud indigene of Ogun State, I was honoured by the presence of the First Lady of the State: Her Excellency, Mrs. Bamidele Abiodun. I also welcomed the Special Assistant to the Ogun State Governor on Student Matters, Comr. Adeyemi Azeez. I must also acknowledge the Special Assistant on Youths and Sports, Mr. Olamide Lawal - who reached out to me more than two weeks ago. I am excited about what the future holds for Ogun State!

I am extremely thankful to the Lagos State University Vice Chancellor, Prof. Olanrewaju Adigun Fagbohun, SAN, NPOM, and his team for pushing the frontiers of excellence for our great institution. I appreciate the entire university community, my lecturers, colleagues, friends and well wishers.

Thank you everyone, the best is yet to come. God bless you.

Yours,

Oladimeji Shotunde."
https://www.facebook.com/100010922613600/posts/1255175348189874/?app=fbl

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsMWoTGUGzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zibyYvTp69k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aw0coTJNz8

https://igberetvnews.com/1375762/sanwo-olu-awards-n5m-scholarship-best-graduating-lasu-student-photos-video/

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by jaybenugo: 4:15am On Dec 18, 2020
More
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Exc2000: 4:31am On Dec 18, 2020
cool

Eko Onibaje

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by SPLENDID25(m): 4:35am On Dec 18, 2020
NOW, thats how to encourage hardwork. kudos to the governor!

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by majamajic(m): 5:02am On Dec 18, 2020
Aiit
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Skmoda360(m): 5:16am On Dec 18, 2020
5 million for what? Can that assist him in pursuing his master degree abroad, but, on a contrary this one try sef some governor won't give him nada....

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by apexJ(m): 5:17am On Dec 18, 2020
5m for somebody who might have slept for just 3hours a day for more than 5+ years because of strike.Someone else was given 80m for jst 3months where he did nothing but sleep and eat. We no de prioritise things for this country

42 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Samfloxin(m): 6:11am On Dec 18, 2020
Five million? well, it's not that much but at least they tried unlike what it used to be. Guy you really worked hard. No one can do sorting to the extent of getting first class.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Pearlyakin(m): 6:17am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:
5m for somebody who might have slept for just 3hours a day for more than 5+ years because of strike.Someone else was given 80m for jst 3months where he did nothing but sleep and eat. We no de prioritise things for this country
Go and give him the 80m na, you can't compare entertainment sector to the academic world, Big brother is purely entertainment industry with great influence though it may be a negative influence.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by apexJ(m): 6:58am On Dec 18, 2020
Pearlyakin:

Go and give him the 80m na, you can't compare entertainment sector to the academic world, Big brother is purely entertainment industry with great influence though it may be a negative influence.
look!! I don't have the strength to argue with you. Which should be rewarded more, a child that works hard or a lazy one??

Don't mention me again!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by seanwilliam(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:

Normally Lagos state government owns him nothing ! But that’s a good encouragement sha.. and no Dey compare entertainment to education in Nigeria, one is business the other is academic.. una just Dey mix it up ... a business man will pick tacha over this dude..

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by SirWarlock: 7:27am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:
Public sector vs private sector undecided.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Honduras01: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2020
[s]
apexJ:
[/s]

shut up!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Honduras01: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2020
[s]
apexJ:
[/s]

8 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Notatribalist(m): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2020
This is what I expect from all our governors,but they rather give the money to bbn participants.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Pearlyakin(m): 8:57am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:
look!! I don't have the strength to argue with you. Which should be rewarded more, a child that works hard or a lazy one??

Don't mention me again!!
Did you even watch the Big Brother show?
Do you think they were sleeping all through the show, they were giving task through out the show, I'm not trying to pull down the dude that graduated with first class but you know entertainment industry is different from the academic setting na.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Eriggs: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2020
How much did Laycon smiled home with again?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Tbvxl: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2020
grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by tahumuf: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2020
Congrats bro...... keep shining
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2020
embarassed
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by DrayZee: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2020
Skmoda360:
5 million for what? Can that assist him in pursuing his master degree abroad, but, on a contrary this one try sef some governor won't give him nada....
He was given a scholarship na. It’s literally in the title of the thread.

Na wa oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by samsard(m): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2020
Skmoda360:
Appreciate the gesture. This is by far the highest ever by any state government, at least that I'm aware of.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by naijadrivablog: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2020
Nice
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Simplebeauty: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2020
grin

grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by sojayy(m): 9:03am On Dec 18, 2020
Nice one sanwolu, good step in right direction, not all these BB naija nonsense taking huge amount of money for just nudity.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by StarQuality32: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2020
A good way to encourage hard work

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by osejie17(m): 9:03am On Dec 18, 2020
Skmoda360:
OMO wetin u dey yarn self?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Chummynoni(m): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2020
@least, this is better than the usual 10,000

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A'level Admissions Into 200 Level In All Nigeria Universities And Also In Abroad / Government Primary School Ijoko, Ogun, Where Pupils Pay Teachers’ Salary / School Demands School Fees From Parents Through 'Practical Work' (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.