Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants (19280 Views)

Batch-c1: FG Shortlists 500,000 Applicants For N-power Program / Over 500,000 Applicants Jostle For 3,200 Vacancies In Customs / FRSC Screens 300,000 Applicants For 4,000 Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:31am On Dec 18, 2020
Thousands of applicants, who were shortlisted by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to fill positions for the experienced cadre, have written an open letter to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), alleging foul play.

The applicants said while those who applied as graduate trainees had already been employed, others who applied for the experienced category had not been contacted by the NNPC since June 2019 when they sat exams.

The letter read in part, “In March 2019, the then NNPC GMD, Dr Maikanti Baru (now deceased) with his management team that included the current GMD, Mallam Mele Kyari, through various national newspapers, placed advertisements welcoming applications to vacancies in different positions involving graduate trainees and experienced hires after the needs assessment of the corporation.

By June 1, 2019, a CBT aptitude test was conducted nationwide for the over 60,000 candidates shortlisted in an open and transparent manner monitored by leading television stations. After assessment, about 10,000 candidates passed the test and were scheduled for interviews between July 1 and 10, 2019 at the NNPC Towers Abuja conducted by the different corporation’s technical panels.”
The applicants said the seamless communication and engagement from the NNPC management at the initial stages were commendable, but things began to change after Kyari took over, as no one communicated with them any longer.

They said on February 14, 2020, the NNPC management released the outcome of the interview for only the graduate trainees titled: ‘External Communication on 2019/2020 Recruitment’, where it was mentioned that the experienced component of the recruitment would be addressed in due course.

The applicants said several attempts by civil society organisations to get the NNPC to complete the exercise proved abortive, while advertorials and open letters to Kyari were ignored.

The letter further read, “The GMD, Mallam Mele Kyari, appeared on the monthly webinar programme, the June edition of the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists, and several questions about this lingering incomplete recruitment were posed.

“He responded that the ‘experienced hire candidates will be contacted as soon as possible’. Your Excellency, till date, this pledge has not been fulfilled and still (there’s) no communication or any form of contact with the affected candidates, who are very qualified Nigerian young professionals, who have been assessed and interviewed by the highest technical organ of the corporation itself.”

They said they had taken to Twitter to inform the President; Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; Senate President, Ahmad Lawan; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila; and the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Timipre Sylva, and the matter had generated over 10,000 tweets, but all their pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

The applicants said several months after, there had been no progress and they began hearing that secret recruitment had taken place and only the relatives of Very Important Persons were hired.

In a desperate plea, they called on the President to live up to his promise to curb corruption by ensuring that the process was transparently completed.

A text message sent to the Manager, Public Affairs, NNPC, Kenny Obateru, had not yet been responded to as of the time of filing this report.

Source: https://punchng.com/nnpc-abandons-10000-applicants-amid-alleged-secret-recruitment/

3 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by timibare(m): 6:35am On Dec 18, 2020
shame

6 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Realtord43: 7:15am On Dec 18, 2020
Normalise getting use to seeing northerner in top govt agency.

if you are not northerner, you may hardly find your way working @NNPC.

Buhari appointment is for the north and to the north only.

29 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:18am On Dec 18, 2020
Sorry people, even Buhari will not do anything about it... You guys just wasted your time, energy and resources on the application...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Evaromantik(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2020
Am just blaming those who are waiting on the FG to secure job. You better look for something else doing. They don't even have a working database, so they don't know you exist.

There millions of ways to make money online and offline, find one and be a boss of yourself.

God no go shame us.

39 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Noblejay7: 9:15am On Dec 18, 2020
This country go frustrate you...

Best bet, either you find your way travel out or you hustle on your own like my igbo brothers.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by intergral(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2020
The so called Mr. 3 million job creator has the worst employment stats since 1999.... Some of the agencies that manage to even employ will use 2 years for the recruitment while others will share it amongst Politicians.... angry

5 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Latidoh1: 9:15am On Dec 18, 2020
Why is there death in this Sweet world?
Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Ademola47(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2020
As if they did not know how the system works.

For them to even believe they can employ all 10k of them on merit basis for such juicy positions baffles me.
When they have President's slot, governor's slot, Reps' slot, Senator's slot, and even top NNPC Officials' slot. At the end of the day, there'll be little or no space for the common man.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Exc2000: 9:15am On Dec 18, 2020
cool

Fear Civil Servants then Politicians before Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by paulolee(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2020
thats the normal settings of employment in government jobs..it gave me memories about when I applied for a job I N.P A around 2015..
submitted application and was called for thier I.Q test which i did well, was interviewed and we were told to wait for the list before training resumes..
thats how me and all the guys I exchanged numbers with were kept on pending, I moved on and learnt a trade because my expectations about that govt job was very low because of the connection factor..
years after I visited my uncle in its head office in marina and saw the influx of new faces of northerners all over that building and was surprised
asked my uncle about the update of that job and he said the list had been released and was dominated by northerners and was seen as normal because they jus appointed hadiza bala as their new manager...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2020
Business as usual.
Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 18, 2020
Meow meow!!

Well, same tori. Nothing new. They steal in secret, they recruit their friends and family in secret.

The only public thing they care about is PUBLIC FUNDS!

16 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by dsoft321(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2020
Nothing new
Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:17am On Dec 18, 2020
Ogun strike Tinubu's head!!!

5 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by BHUHARiE: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2020
CORRUPTIPN EVERY WHERE. BABA BUHARI IS FIGHTING THIS PEOPLE EVERY DAY BUT SEEMS TO ME LIKE THEY ARE INCREASING IN NUMBER EVER SECOND. NIGERIANS ARE THE NIGERIA PROBLEM. BUHARI SHOULD LOOK FORWARD FOR THEIR REQUEST.
GOD BLESS @BUHARI
HE IS A REAL NIGERRRR
GOD BLESS OUR NATIONAL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Racoon(m): 9:17am On Dec 18, 2020
Perhaps most of the qualified fellas are not from from their favoured areas.Corruption everywhere under Bubu.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by simhosting: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2020
There is a great difference between

Naija = Ordinary citizens

9ja = Youths at home (Betting group)

Nigerian = Elite (Connection group)

Where do you belong ?

2 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by 0taPiaPia(m): 9:18am On Dec 18, 2020
This is why I want this country divided.. nothing else will please me more.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by Lotusflowerbomb: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2020
Lmao what were you people expecting. Applying for a job in NNPC, you are just wasting your time if you are the son of nobody.

3 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by donprinyo(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2020
Thief thief government.
Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by COMPAQ(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2020
Not sure why NNPC would need 10,000 staff though. Even SPDC who are doing the actual production dont have more than 3000 staff. Seems like a fake story to me.

3 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2020
Dont worry, strictly unqualified northerners will be used to fill in all vacant positions cool

1 Like

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by lexrichy(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2020
not surprised, are you?

3 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by IkpuMmadu: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2020
LoL... Funny country....

Where are the clowns that shouted change

1 Like

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by bobokeshington: 9:20am On Dec 18, 2020
IN 2021, I AM GOING TO AVOID ANY NEWS COMING FROM NIGERIA LIKE PLAGUE

4 Likes

Re: Secret Recruitment: NNPC Abandons 10,000 Applicants by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2020
lexrichy:
not surprised, are you?
naaa grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview / N-power Batch C: 3 Steps To Avoid Disqualification Even After Biometrics / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.