Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview (19285 Views)

Reasons For Failed Job Hunts And Solution / Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet / After 400 Failed Job Applications, Veteran Army Finally Got 70 Job Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flakkypastries: 9:23am On Jan 13, 2023
Good morning Nairalanders
I want to share my experience about the job interview I went for yesterday
Im into catering services but i just decided to look for a job at least to help me boost my income.

A friend of mine directed me to an office in Ojota where I collected a form of 3k with the hope that they will match me with a job.

Unfortunately for me we were about 35 candidate on queue looking for job and the directed me two different hotels , the first hotel is at the back of county hospital Aguda Ogba and on getting there the manager said they have employed kitchen attendant 2months ago and ask me to drop my CV.

The second hotel is around Akinyode Grammar School and the same issue happened again they have employed another person,and at a time I feel dejected but the most funniest part is that I have almost spent the money with me on transport because I'm based at Ketu Lagos..

I'm a type that doesn't know how to beg people for money after trekking for few distance i will wait at the bus stop to look at the conductors face and then plead egbon e Jo e help me and lol and behold I was able to get help from the conductors and this make me feel not all bus conductors are bad.

I got back home safe and I believe soon or later I will get a better job even without going through the stress I went through

Anyone with such experience while hunting for job.

206 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by chimeremodlyn: 9:36am On Jan 13, 2023
flakkypastries:
Im into catering services but i just decided to look for a job at least to help me boost my income.
A friend of mine directed me to an office in Ojota where I collected a form of 3k with the hope that they will match me with a job.
Unfortunately for me we were about 35 candidate on queue looking for job and the directed me two different hotels , the first hotel is at the back of county hospital Aguda Ogba and on getting there the manager said they have employed kitchen attendant 2months ago and ask me to drop my CV.
The second hotel is around Akinyode Grammar School and the same issue happened again they have employed another person,and at a time I feel dejected but the most funniest part is that I have almost spent the money with me on transport because I'm based at Ketu Lagos..
I'm a type that doesn't know how to beg people for money after trekking for few distance i will wait at the bus stop to look at the conductors face and then plead egbon e Jo e help me and lol and behold I was able to get help from the conductors and this make me feel not all bus conductors are bad.
I got back home safe and I believe soon or later I will get a better job even without going through the stress I went through

That's d spirit girl. A good job will come speedily. But maybe you need to tell us what kind of job you're looking for so that we can recommend to you instead of paying people money you don't have. Good luck dear

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flakkypastries: 9:46am On Jan 13, 2023
chimeremodlyn:

That's d spirit girl. A good job will come speedily. But maybe you need to tell us what kind of job you're looking for so that we can recommend to you instead of paying people money you don't have. Good luck dear
Thanks sir..
I'm actually looking for a secetarial or receptionist job but the agent told me it's only hotel job that is available and since I'm into catering and small chop I decided to apply for the hotel job maybe I can be employed as kitchen attendant.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by otipoju(m): 9:56am On Jan 13, 2023
Any agency that tells you to pay them for so as to give you a job is a scam.

I've not seen any exceptions. They have their marketers go round the streets and write vacancies they have no links or contacts to and send you there knowing fully well you will not be hired.

You and countless others have been taken advantage off. Na so Dragnet collect 5,000 from over 2,000 applicants that year for mass recruiting for one failed bank ( Société General Bank of Nigeria) based on rumours that their license had been renewed.

I traveled from Lagos to Abuja to go and write test for a non existent job. I don see things for this life.

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flakkypastries: 10:04am On Jan 13, 2023
otipoju:
Any agency that tells you to pay them for so as to give you a job is a scam.

I've not seen any exceptions. They have their marketers go round the streets and write vacancies they have no links or contacts to and send you there knowing fully well you will not be hired.

Your and countless others have been taken advantage off.

I have someone that got a job through that agency, that's why I decided to try my own luck too

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by otipoju(m): 10:11am On Jan 13, 2023
flakkypastries:

I have someone that got a job through that agency, that's why I decided to try my own luck too

You have to be intentional and strategic about how you search for jobs.

Moreso you are being treated this way because you have skills that are not in high demand.

Up-skill yourself. Invest in yourself and make yourself impossible to ignore.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flakkypastries: 10:15am On Jan 13, 2023
otipoju:

Moreso you are being treated this way because you have skills that are not in high demand.

Unskilled yourself. Invest in yourself and make yourself impossible to ignore.

Thanks sir

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by joinpreneur(m): 10:26am On Jan 13, 2023
Don't lose hope. There's a better opportunity ahead. Not every door is a door you must enter. If you can't enter after doing all your best, it might mean that it's not for you.

You'll sure get a better offer. Just keep growing.

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Terrorwrist: 10:26am On Jan 13, 2023

**Upgrade yourself and never stop pushin'!!

8 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by dalass(f): 10:27am On Jan 13, 2023
grin
I read up on your story and I feel your pain. I encourage you not to give up. Better days are coming.

9 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Curious345: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2023
You see .

Can you drive town service? Ajah along?

We can get you a bus for 17k remittance daily

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 13, 2023
flakkypastries:

With hope and perseverance, you ll survive. To get job isn't easy at all.
Maybe you should try and first service with teaching jobs. You can still see a nearby private school paying something to buy food.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by bincesuccess: 10:28am On Jan 13, 2023
You surely will get a job if you don't give up.

Anyone suffering from infections, kindly check my signature. I got you covered with herbs that are effective and efficient. If you also find it difficult to satisfy a woman, I have something special for you

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by sammirano: 10:29am On Jan 13, 2023
otipoju:

Stop with this nonsense already. Every skill is valuable it all depend on information and package. Many people earning fat knows next to nothing.

Op, since you are into catering you can add other cooking skills like foreign dishes.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by mozes01(m): 10:29am On Jan 13, 2023
Never give up girl. the day is still young. better days ahead and goodluck

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by gloryhomemaker(f): 10:29am On Jan 13, 2023
It is well.
Every success has a story.
Soon things will fall into place if you don't give up.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by NUJABEZ: 10:30am On Jan 13, 2023
Too bad

19 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Treassured: 10:30am On Jan 13, 2023
God Abeg oOo!!!

5 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by theophorus(m): 10:30am On Jan 13, 2023
Pele.

But this is Nigeria and like our leaders most Nigerians are Wicked.

Imagine, they collected 3k and sent her to a place where someone has been employed 2months ago.

Well, the street is not Nice, one just have to be street smart and some luck here and there and you are on the go already.

All the Best in your job hunt.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by wellscon: 10:31am On Jan 13, 2023
@ OP DM me. you can send your secretarial CV for an opening in my office.

16 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by cescky(m): 10:31am On Jan 13, 2023
their scammers...
be very careful of these people..especially the ones that ask for money...this is how many have lost their lives...as you can see nairaland online, research these companies before you go out....forget your friend that paid and got a job, if you check closely what shes paid is peanuts...

no one got rich on salary...
all rich men are business people

8 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by teens(m): 10:31am On Jan 13, 2023
It's well.......

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Xturf: 10:32am On Jan 13, 2023
Do you make 17k daily?
Curious345:
You see .

Can you drive town service? Ajah along?

We can get you a bus for 17k remittance daily

14 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by flourishing247: 10:32am On Jan 13, 2023
otipoju:

Abegi !!!

17 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by JoshTim: 10:32am On Jan 13, 2023
Sorry for the stress. Please look out for any of these Microfinance banks, they recruit a lot. From adosser to ab, baobab etc

And they pay well too....

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by zsamorano(m): 10:33am On Jan 13, 2023
NUJABEZ:
You write well and I'm looking for someone to help me with posting WordPress articles, full-time 6 months contract.

The office is located in Irawo, Owode, so just a stone throw from you.

If you're interested in the job, let me know.

contactify0@gmail.com
Hello, can I get this from Abeokuta. Thanks

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by ZINNYBANKS: 10:33am On Jan 13, 2023
Sorry bro Nigeria happened to you ...
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Abalado(f): 10:33am On Jan 13, 2023
You didn't tell us how u eat,,didn't u buy pure water to drink,,? One stupid leader will be calling nigerian youth lazy,,God bless u my sister

5 Likes

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Bintdawood(f): 10:33am On Jan 13, 2023
Keep pushing sis God would provide a better one for you!
Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Idotoba(m): 10:34am On Jan 13, 2023
You can message me a
Can give u updates on job in lag
I no just like lag for me sha

1 Like

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by play5050: 10:34am On Jan 13, 2023
i have a contact of someone who can get u a contract job in a bank, if u are interested just send me a mail. am not promising u but i will get u the info while u follow it up yourself and i hope u have the basic qualification. which is national diploma.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Home After A Failed Job Interview by Okortor: 10:35am On Jan 13, 2023
What's your qualification? Drop ur contact here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N-power Batch C: 3 Steps To Avoid Disqualification Even After Biometrics / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Thread / BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.