Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School (1736 Views)

Governor Wike Fulfils His Promise To Peter Obi & His Campaign (Pictures) / I Pray Buhari Joins Yar'adua. - V.P Osinbajo / Mu’azu Meets Osinbajo, Keeps Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by okefranci: 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2020
By Babafemi Ojudu

About two years ago I traveled in a copter with the Vice President , Prof Yemi Osinbajo. We landed on the field of Mayflower School , Ikenne, Ogun State.

As we disembarked and went through the famous school, built by late educationist, Dr Tai Solarin, Osinbajo lamented the delapidation of the structures. He was touched having grown up to know the sacrifice made by Solarin to train generations of Nigerians in the school.

“Distinguished, this is very bad, “ he said. “ The labor of this noble Nigerian should not go in ruins”, he added with a promise to do something about it.

He kept his promise. The entire school is going through a process of rehabilitation today. This he facilitated.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has facilitated the construction of 36 classrooms be built for Mayflower School, Ikenne, President of Mayflower School Old Students Association (MOSA) says.

MOSA President, Dr. Rotimi Akinlesi on Wednesday disclosed that work has begun on the classroom.

In a series of tweets on the alumni Twitter account, Dr Akinlesi disclosed that 24 of the classrooms will be built for the Senior Secondary School and 12 for the Junior Secondary School.

“The President of Mayflower School Old Students Association (MOSA), Dr. Rotimi Akinlesi yesterday was at the construction site of the 24 classrooms to be built for the Senior School of Mayflower School, Ikenne by the Federal Government,” a tweet said.

“He was taken round the site by the senior engineer on site with whom he had very technical discussions on the construction and on erosion control.

“Another 12 classrooms are to be put up at the Junior School section. The space for the construction is still being worked out.

“The construction of these buildings is being facilitated by the Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

The school was founded in Ikenne, Ogun State on January 27, 1956 by Dr. Tai Solarin, a Nigerian educator, humanist and civil rights pioneer.

Mayflower preaches a very strong educational philosophy grounded in self-reliance, self-sacrifice, public service and physical toughness.

More photos of Dr. Solarin and his school:

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Fahdiga(m): 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2020
Is he doing it with his personal money? he is making use of part of his loot
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by okefranci: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2020
Fahdiga:
Is it his personal money? he is making use of part of his
loot
No,the money belongs to your mumu grandfather, if you can't see good things then stop comment

7 Likes

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by IKUBABAYEYE001: 2:38pm On Dec 18, 2020
Fahdiga:

Yes he is using his Money and this will not be the first time. You can ask the Government and People of Borno State and they will tell you more.

2 Likes

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by TheRareGem1(f): 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2020
This is one of many of Osinbajo's gesture, mind you, this is not government project and he is not doing it for politics gain. If we have three of Osinbajo in this administration, a lot would have changed for better since the first administration

3 Likes

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Thunder1010: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2020
It's one thing to promise, it's another thing to fulfill it. Let us applaud Osinbajo for this.
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Lcf69(m): 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2020
Religions with their born agains should be shown as an integrity driven by positive human instincts...... PINNED.
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Zeesugar(f): 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2020
Congratulations to the school. Thank you sir for owning up to your words
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Joyce95: 2:53pm On Dec 18, 2020
It's really overwhelming for the school, Mr Vice President have a very great
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by kayusely70(m): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2020
A Man Of His Words: He Has Done It Agahn!
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by OgundeleTeju: 3:15pm On Dec 18, 2020
Fahdiga:
your sense of reasoning is very low,how many govt officials take to their promises ? You people will just wake up and start typing rubbish

1 Like

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Okoyeebo: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2020
Fahdiga:

Osinbajo is a SAN and a Professor of Law. He is the founder of Simmons Cooper Partners. He handled the Pfizer vs Kano state with settlement of 35 Million US Dollars. That's just 1 case.

The thing with children of paupers such as you is that due to being born into poverty and deprivation, you think everyone must steal or depend on mass looting before they can perform the most basic acts of charity.

I really pity you because you are intellectually poor and financially wretched.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by illicit(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2020
Why can't we just let Osinbajo be president even for a term....
The guy has got good head on his shoulders

1 Like

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Fahdiga(m): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2020
Okoyeebo:

Osinbajo is a SAN and a Professor of Law. He is the founder of Simmons Cooper Partners. He handled the Pfizer vs Kano state with settlement of 35 Million US Dollars. That's just 1 case.

The thing with children of paupers such as you is that due to being born into poverty and deprivation, you think everyone must steal or depend on mass looting before they can perform the most basic acts of charity.

Come down from your high horse you are nobody. do you think everyone is poor and wretched like you. I can imagine how people around you will be seeing you, a pompous and proud being with nothing to show for it. I repeat again you are nobody and get lost
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Okoyeebo: 1:29am On Dec 20, 2020
Fahdiga:
Come down from your high horse you are nobody. do you think everyone is poor and wretched like you. I can imagine how people around you will be seeing you, a pompous and proud being with nothing to show for it. I repeat again you are nobody and get lost

See this Onitsha pauper. My friend, will you shut up your poverty-stricken mouth before I shut it for you. Uchu.

3 Likes

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Sonyboom: 4:47am On Dec 20, 2020
Dem don clear foolishness from your poverty stricken head. Instead of emancipating your self from bigotry hatred n foolishness u inherited from your bigoted parent u sha ensure they teach you for NL. I no say u no go hear word because your mind is heavily drenched in poverty of bigotry leaving you miserable n confused in real life.

Fahdiga:
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Fahdiga(m): 5:30am On Dec 20, 2020
Okoyeebo:

See this Onitsha pauper. My friend, will you shut up your poverty-stricken mouth before I shut it for you. Uchu.
You are too small dear. I can feed your entire poverty stricken generation inugo
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Fahdiga(m): 5:32am On Dec 20, 2020
Sonyboom:
Dem don clear foolishness from your poverty stricken head. Instead of emancipating your self from bigotry hatred n foolishness u inherited from your bigoted parent u sha ensure they teach you for NL. I no say u no go hear word because your mind is heavily drenched in poverty of bigotry leaving you miserable n confused in real life.

Same cretin above me using his alternate moniker to vent his frustration. I'm not the cause of your wretched life dear. holla at me if you need some help ok
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by kayusely70(m): 5:41am On Dec 20, 2020
Those Condemning The Man Are Mainly Bitter Cos Their Leaders Are Not Rising Up To Render Such Help To Them
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by oyatz(m): 5:46am On Dec 20, 2020
Fahdiga:

Eeyah, see painment!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Jazzafizzy(f): 6:02am On Dec 20, 2020
Nice one from our VP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Fahdiga(m): 9:24am On Dec 20, 2020
[quote author=oyatz post=97245859]

Eeyah, see painment![/quote Lol
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Okoyeebo: 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
Fahdiga:
You are too small dear. I can feed your entire poverty stricken generation inugo

Go and feed your mother buying vegetables on credit. Efulefu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
Okoyeebo:

Nothing to be added!
Nothing to be subtracted!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2020
Fahdiga:
Stop wailing and disturbing everyone here.
By now, you should know when to shut up and log out on social media when you are being corrected.
Na u price market wey dem sell for u.

He only gave you a good reply and you are wailing everywhere.
Shiooorrr

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Fahdiga(m): 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2020
post=97448784:

Stop wailing and disturbing everyone here.
By now, you should know when to shut up and log out on social media when you are being corrected.
Na u price market wey dem sell for u.

He only gave you a good reply and you are wailing everywhere.
Shiooorrr
Imagine who is giving advice. I shudder
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2020
Fahdiga:
Imagine who is giving advice. I shudder
Again Fadi Fadi, stop wailing.

The below is for you tongue tongue
Exactly what is happening to you right now.... tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2020
Jazzafizzy:
Nice one from our VP
Very nice one from the STARBOY himself.
You be Correct lady.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Fahdiga(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
post=97450491:

Again Fadi Fadi, stop wailing.

The below is for you tongue tongue
Exactly what is happening to you right now.... tongue
Lol not me. just that I don't want to keep exchanging words with a bitter punk
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by IamWonderful: 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
Ok
Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
Fahdiga:
Lol not me. just that I don't want to keep exchanging words with a bitter punk
Lol cheesy,
Nairaland notorious troll is now claiming a gentleman suddenly!
Social media dey sweet sometimes sha.
Orisirisi something!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: V.P. Osinbajo Keeps His Promise To Mayflower School by Fahdiga(m): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2020
post=97450914:

Lol cheesy,
Nairaland notorious troll is now claiming a gentleman suddenly!
Social media dey sweet sometimes sha.
Orisirisi something!
Lol I don't get you. what is exactly your problem. if I talk you complain if I don't talk you complain. pls I'm still in celebration mood and it is definitely not with your rotten meat

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sen. Kalu Condemns Catholic Bishop's Kidnap, Threatens To Boycott APC Meeting / Igbos should accept they were defeated in 1967 and move on -Amb yerima Abdulahi / Explosions Rocks Nigeria Army Barracks In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.