Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,361 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS (1698 Views)

Tinubu: I Can’t Wrestle With Pigs, We Will Beat Them Silly / Rahma Indimi To Reno Omokri: ''I Regret Ever Responding To Your Silly Rant'' / I’ll Beat Saraki Silly In Senatorial Race – Oloriegbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by DeltaFire: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2021
IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS

I am Igbo from Anioma, and I so love my people. I also love the peoples of South-South very much, but this post is about Ndi Igbo.

Ndi Igbo why this our IDENTITY CRISIS? Nobody on earth has it except us. Only we Ndi Igbo are showing everybody everywhere that we have an Identity Crisis!

• Ijaw call themselves Ijaw

• Ibibio call themselves Ibibio

• French call themselves French

• Germans call themselves Deutsche

• Han people of China call themselves Han

ONLY Ndi Igbo will call themselves Biafrans, a very silly thing to do. We are revealing to all, that we have a needless “Identity Crisis”, and that we are behaving like an undisciplined wild people. Ndi Igbo, if we want to change our name to “Biafran” or other equally inappropriate words such as “Nsi” or “Mmamịrị” or “Ndi Nzuzu” we can, but we should do it intelligently, democratically and follow DUE PROCESS!

This is how those who want Ndi Igbo to change our name of “Igbo” into something else should INTELLIGENTLY do it:
1) They should provide reasons and arguments why the name “Igbo” that our ancestors gave us has become a bad name.

2) After that, we together and democratically agree that the name “Igbo” is bad for us, and needs to be rejected and changed.

3) All those who want to can suggest new names for Ndi Igbo, giving reasons for the names they propose.

4) From the list of new name suggestions, we together and democratically vote in our new name.

So, if Ndi Igbo want to have a new name, let us first hear reasons why a name change is needed, then let us choose our new name in a democratic way!

What has happened is that some people, for personal gain, have used the internet to blast out this foreign word “Biafra”, that represents death and defeat for Ndi Igbo, and they have caused a wild IDENTITY CRISIS in those Igbos who cannot reason. Remember, even if you have PhD and even if you have made much money from business, that is not a guarantee that you can reason. If you knew how to reason, you would not be calling yourself by the word “Biafran”, because you first would have to have reasons why you rejected the name “Igbo”, and you don’t have any. So you see, you CANNOT reason!

Nnamdi Kanu does fetish rituals over the words “Biafra” and “Biafran” so uses diabolical powers to get into the souls of those who he is able to manipulate. So the reason those Ndi Igbo use the word “Biafran” upon themselves is because their spirit is weak. That diabolical fetish wants the words “Biafra” and “Biafran” to be ringing throughout Igbo communities, and cause hate and disunity among us for all time.

Yoruba are more intelligent. They have no identity crisis. They do things in the right manner. They are able to REASON well. Yoruba call themselves Yoruba or Omo Oduduwa (children of Oduduwa). They use words for themselves that are linked to their culture and their history.

That is not the case for Ndi Igbo. We just shout out “Biafran” to create noise that has no reason behind it. It is a sad pity we are not using some of that intelligence that Yoruba use in their nation. We are Ndi Igbo or Umu Eri (children of Eri), but have allowed that fetish use of the words “Biafra” and “Biafran” to bring an Identity Crisis in our nation!

I plead with those Ndi Igbo who have sense and whose spirit is strong, so have not submitted to this fetish Biafra of a thing, to please not be silent. Please, rise up and let us reclaim “Igbo” as the only name for our people, and end this Identity Crisis that the weak ones have brought into our land. Our children don’t need to inherit this nonsense. Ekelem unu niile

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Spending123: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2021
But the Yorubas call themselves Oduduwas and the Hausas call themselves Ariwas. Oga to slap you just the hungry me.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Henrydonland(m): 11:29am On Mar 13, 2021
undecided kiss undecided undecided
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by budaatum: 11:44am On Mar 13, 2021
I plead with those Ndi Igbo who have sense and whose spirit is strong, so have not submitted to this fetish Biafra of a thing, to please not be silent.

The sad thing is that, for Biafra to exist Nigeria must be destroyed. So who's the enemy now if not those who call Nigeria a zoo without realising who the animals are!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13217111_notable01215_jpegd6a92a721aa0f5d263c1da823761d0be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Whiteangel1234: 11:48am On Mar 13, 2021
Biafra is not Igbos , original Biafra cover the entire Former Eastern Region of Nigeria

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Pochettino(f): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2021
Netherlands call themselves Dutch

Are you saying they don't like their own identity too?
Your country must not necessarily be named after your tribe.

Do you know how many tribes answer Nigerian??

Stupid post

11 Likes

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by budaatum: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Biafra is not Igbos , original Biafra cover the entire Former Eastern Region of Nigeria

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by jimyjames(m): 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2021
DeltaFire:
[s]
I am Igbo from Anioma, and I so love my people. I also love the peoples of South-South very much, but this post is about Ndi Igbo.

Ndi Igbo why this our IDENTITY CRISIS? Nobody on earth has it except us. Only we Ndi Igbo are showing everybody everywhere that we have an Identity Crisis!

ONLY Ndi Igbo will call themselves Biafrans, a very silly thing to do. We are revealing to all, that we have a needless “Identity Crisis”, and that we are behaving like an undisciplined wild people. Ndi Igbo, if we want to change our name to “Biafran” or other equally inappropriate words such as “Nsi” or “Mmamịrị” or “Ndi Nzuzu” we can, but we should do it intelligently, democratically and follow DUE PROCESS!

This is how those who want Ndi Igbo to change our name of “Igbo” into something else should INTELLIGENTLY do it:
1) They should provide reasons and arguments why the name “Igbo” that our ancestors gave us has become a bad name.

2) After that, we together and democratically agree that the name “Igbo” is bad for us, and needs to be rejected and changed.

3) All those who want to can suggest new names for Ndi Igbo, giving reasons for the names they propose.

4) From the list of new name suggestions, we together and democratically vote in our new name.

So, if Ndi Igbo want to have a new name, let us first hear reasons why a name change is needed, then let us choose our new name in a democratic way!

What has happened is that some people, for personal gain, have used the internet to blast out this foreign word “Biafra”, that represents death and defeat for Ndi Igbo, and they have caused a wild IDENTITY CRISIS in those Igbos who cannot reason. Remember, even if you have PhD and even if you have made much money from business, that is not a guarantee that you can reason. If you knew how to reason, you would not be calling yourself by the word “Biafran”, because you first would have to have reasons why you rejected the name “Igbo”, and you don’t have any. So you see, you CANNOT reason!

Nnamdi Kanu does fetish rituals over the words “Biafra” and “Biafran” so uses diabolical powers to get into the souls of those who he is able to manipulate. So the reason those Ndi Igbo use the word “Biafran” upon themselves is because their spirit is weak. That diabolical fetish wants the words “Biafra” and “Biafran” to be ringing throughout Igbo communities, and cause hate and disunity among us for all time.

Yoruba are more intelligent. They have no identity crisis. They do things in the right manner. They are able to REASON well. Yoruba call themselves Yoruba or Omo Oduduwa (children of Oduduwa). They use words for themselves that are linked to their culture and their history.

That is not the case for Ndi Igbo. We just shout out “Biafran” to create noise that has no reason behind it. It is a sad pity we are not using some of that intelligence that Yoruba use in their nation. We are Ndi Igbo or Umu Eri (children of Eri), but have allowed that fetish use of the words “Biafra” and “Biafran” to bring an Identity Crisis in our nation!

I plead with those Ndi Igbo who have sense and whose spirit is strong, so have not submitted to this fetish Biafra of a thing, to please not be silent. Please, rise up and let us reclaim “Igbo” as the only name for our people, and end this Identity Crisis that the weak ones have brought into our land. Our children don’t need to inherit this nonsense. Ekelem unu niile
[/s]

the only people with identity crisis are those who dumped their Ethinicty to call themselves niger Deltans , one was foolish enough to call it niger Delta ethic group, and those fools run away slave's from Benin who are igbo today Benin tomorrow anioma today, Delta igbo tomorrow etc grin a time will come when some confused run away slave's will beg to be called igbo

12 Likes

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Ojiofor: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
Spending123:
But the Yorubas call themselves Oduduwas and the Hausas call themselves Ariwas. Oga to slap you just the hungry me.

The Yorubas and and Ariwas knows the meaning of what call themselves in their native languages,Does Biafra have any meaning Igbo language?

2 Likes

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Monogamy: 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2021
shocked
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by BiafIntel: 12:58pm On Mar 13, 2021
The OP has shown that he is demented and brainless. The term Biafra is never at any time used when mentioning or discussing about Igbo people, unless by someone who is also as demented and brainless as the OP. Biafra is used only when discussing a people that encompasses Igbo land, a people that are related, but with different languages.

1 Like

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Csami(m): 1:47pm On Mar 13, 2021
Anioma people are the ones with identity crisis just like those from Wike's place. Today you are igbo, tomorrow, you're not. Personally, anybody/group out of those 5 Eastern states are not igbo to me. They should go and decide what they are or what to call themselves.

1 Like

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Spending123: 2:54pm On Mar 13, 2021
Ojiofor:

The Yorubas and and Ariwas knows the meaning of what call themselves in their native languages,Does Biafra have any meaning Igbo language?

Biafra in Igbo means "Come yeh all and free yourself from the zoo"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by adadike(f): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2021
I want to know, what is the meaning of Biafra? Before we call ourselves name our fathers did not give us, we should know it's meaning. Some people said it's the name of a sea, some said it's the name of a deity from anonimi in southsouth. So what does Biafra really mean?
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Hangulsaram: 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2021
jimyjames:

the only people with identity crisis are those who dumped their Ethinicty to call themselves niger Deltans , one was foolish enough to call it niger Delta ethic group, and those fools run away slave's from Benin who are igbo today Benin tomorrow anioma today, Delta igbo tomorrow etc grin a time will come when some confused run away slave's will beg to be called igbo
1000 Gbozaas for you.

4 Likes

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Hangulsaram: 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2021
adadike:
I want to know, what is the meaning of Biafra? Before we call ourselves name our fathers did not give us, we should know it's meaning. Some people said it's the name of a sea, some said it's the name of a deity from anonimi in southsouth. So what does Biafra really mean?
Biafra is a country not ethnicity, it comprises of the old Eastern state.
It has nothing to with you your identity as an Igbo. The only person that has identity crises is the Op, he is Igbo and also a Nigerdeltans, and not from south East.

1 Like

Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Ooni: 4:17pm On Mar 13, 2021
The op must be demented. It's like saying Jews called themselves Israelis instead of Jews.

or we Yoruba's prefer oduduwa to Yoruba
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by adadike(f): 5:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
Hangulsaram:

Biafra is a country not ethnicity, it comprises of the old Eastern state.
It has nothing to with you your identity as an Igbo. The only person that has identity crises is the Op, he is Igbo and also a Nigerdeltans, and not from south East.
okay, thanks dear
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by WoundedLamb: 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2021
Hhmm... I don't get it. What exactly is the point here? I'm indifferent about the whole Biafran thing but this post doesn't really make much sense to me. Calling one's self Nigerian, American, etc. is not indentity crisis but calling yourself Biafran is? So the country they are agitating for must be called Igbo before the people can indentity as Igbos? Maybe you should have put the due process part before the whole indentity crisis stuff.
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Ojiofor: 6:56pm On Mar 13, 2021
Spending123:

Biafra in Igbo means "Come yeh all and free yourself from the zoo"

Comedian make I laugh at your jokes grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by gidgiddy: 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
Where is the logic in this argument? Are Nigerians suffering identity crisis for calling themselves "Nigerians"?

The world 'Nigeria' was created in London by a British woman
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by allcomage: 7:16am On Mar 14, 2021
adadike:

Biafra is a name chosen by the peoples that made up of former Biafra Republic.They are ijaw, Igbo, efik, ibibio, anang,Ogoni etc
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by adadike(f): 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
allcomage:

Biafra is a name chosen by the peoples that made up of former Biafra Republic.They are ijaw, Igbo, efik, ibibio, anang,Ogoni etc
thanks my dear
Re: IGBO AND THIS SILLY IDENTITY CRISIS by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
DeltaFire:

I guess when you said Igbo you mean south east..
Please Ngwa people of south east are not children of Eri or Nri...
Abiriba and Arochuku people of south east are not children of Eri or Nri...
Ndi Abia state are not children of Nri and Eri...

(1) (Reply)

IPOB: Unknown Gunmen; Where's Proof The Victims Really Are / Nigerian Cowardly Army Now Murders Young Ladies In Their Sleep / Could Britain Be Sponsoring IPOB/ ESN - Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.