Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

ST SOLAR Inverter Company SCAMMED Me With A Substandard Product - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ST SOLAR Inverter Company SCAMMED Me With A Substandard Product (361 Views)

Fraud Alert: How Clubkonnect Scammed Me / Someone Just Scammed Me From Here / If You Don't Watch On These 5 Things Your Life Will Be Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ST SOLAR Inverter Company SCAMMED Me With A Substandard Product by Folu78(f): 2:51pm On Dec 18, 2020
I am so pained especially having parted with almost 145k in this trying times and I was scammed by this company - ST SOLAR!!!! i am sharing this experience so others can beware.

My story below:

Two representatives of ST Solar came to my residence after I had contacted them on Jijing.com to install the Solar panel, Battery + inverter I made enquiries on and later agreed to purchase from them. I paid the sum of 84,500 naira for the installation and products on the 6th of October 2020.

Upon installation & after a few days, it was discovered that the solar charger wasn't charging appropriately and this meant that the the product's capacity was not enough to power my appliances (Tv (50 Watts) & Decoder (15 Watts). The representatives has also made this observation when they came for the installation as they informed me that the capacity of the solar battery could only power up to 60 watts.

I wasn't happy with this information as I had made enough inquiries from them before I decided to go for the purchase. However, it was agreed that I should pay an additional 58,000 naira to cover for the cost of a higher capacity solar battery & panel (,1,000 watts). They came into my residence on the 16th October 2020 to do this replacement and I paid them. I thought everything was fine and I could enjoy the product I paid for since I was told it was of a higher capacity than the former.

To my dismay, less than two weeks to the installation, the product started malfunctioning even though I had only used it to power my appliances (30 minutes on each occasion) twice. I also observed that the voltage was fluctuating daily and reducing. The ideal charge on the solar battery should be at 14.1/2 volts and lowest charge, 12.6 volts. When I observed that the voltage was reducing even though it was plugged on AC PHCN power source) & DC (Solar charge), I notified the representatives of ST solar who came to do the installation. However, I didn't get any concrete resolution to my issue. When I demanded for a refund or replacement of the product which was not a good one from all indications anD still under warranty (6mths), they started asking that I pay for their transport fare to my residence and that if discovered the batterY was faulty due to my negligence, I would have to pay for it.

At this point, I smelt foul play. I had done nothing to the battery and note that the installation was barely two weeks old when I notified the company of the product's malfunctioning so I was taken aback when that statement was made. I am not ready to part with any more money as it is. I have spent a total of 142,500 naira on a product I never enjoyed.

The pictures attached are what was discovered when I opened the solar box which was sold to me. A small inverter was inside the box which obviously is too small to charge a 75Amps deep cycle battery that was also inside the box, hence part of the reason the battery was draining in voltage. Secondly, when I contacted another solar engineer, I was told the panel which they sold to me and said it was 1,000 Watts is a mere 150 Watts which also cannot charge the battery.

ST SOLAR are SCAMMERS!!! and are selling substandard products as solar inverters. As it is, they have stopped responding to my calls, neither have they come to replace the bad product. People, be warned as there are a lot of fake business parading themselves online. i learnt my lesson the hard way.

Re: ST SOLAR Inverter Company SCAMMED Me With A Substandard Product by Imoobot(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2020
Sowie
Re: ST SOLAR Inverter Company SCAMMED Me With A Substandard Product by vetrovialMan(m): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2020
pele, go to their profile on jiji and drop em a stinker
Re: ST SOLAR Inverter Company SCAMMED Me With A Substandard Product by blessedjohny4u: 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2020
[quote author=Folu78 post=97197150]I am so pained especially having parted with almost 145k in this trying times and I was scammed by this company - ST SOLAR!!!! i am sharing this experience so others can beware.

My story below:

Two representatives of ST Solar came to my residence after I had contacted them on Jijing.com to install the Solar panel, Battery + inverter I made enquiries on and later agreed to purchase from them. I paid the sum of 84,500 naira for the installation and products on the 6th of October 2020.

Upon installation & after a few days, it was discovered that the solar charger wasn't charging appropriately and this meant that the the product's capacity was not enough to power my appliances (Tv (50 Watts) & Decoder (15 Watts). The representatives has also made this observation when they came for the installation as they informed me that the capacity of the solar battery could only power up to 60 watts.

asn't happy with this information as I had made enough inquiries from them before I decided to go for the purchase. However, it was agreed that I should pay an additional 58,000 naira to cover for the cost of a higher capacity solar battery & panel (,1,000 watts). They came into my residence on the 16th October 2020 to do this replacement and I paid them. I thought everything was fine and I could enjoy the product I paid for since I was told it was of a higher capacity than the former.

To my dismay, less than two weeks to the installation, the product started malfunctioning even though I had only used it to power my appliances (30 minutes on each occasion) twice. I also observed that the voltage was fluctuating daily and reducing. The ideal charge on the solar battery should be at 14.1/2 volts and lowest charge, 12.6 volts. When I observed that the voltage was reducing even though it was plugged on AC PHCN power source) & DC (Solar charge), I notified the representatives of ST solar who came to do the installation. However, I didn't get any concrete resolution to my issue. When I demanded for a refund or replacement of the product which was not a good one from all indications anD still under warranty (6mths), they started asking that I pay for their transport fare to my residence and that if discovered the batterY was faulty due to my negligence, I would have to pay for it.

At this point, I smelt foul play. I had done nothing to the battery and note that the installation was barely two weeks old when I notified the company of the product's malfunctioning so I was taken aback when that statement was made. I am not ready to part with any more money as it is. I have spent a total of 142,500 naira on a product I never enjoyed.

The pictures attached are what was discovered when I opened the solar box which was sold to me. A small inverter was inside the box which obviously is too small to charge a 75Amps deep cycle battery that was also inside the box, hence part of the reason the battery was draining in voltage. Secondly, when I contacted another solar engineer, I was told the panel which they sold to me and said it was 1,000 Watts is a mere 150 Watts which also cannot charge the battery.

ST SOLAR are SCAMMERS!!! and are selling substandard products as solar inverters. As it is, they have stopped responding to my calls, neither have they come to replace the bad product. People, be warned as there are a lot of fake business parading themselves online. i learnt my lesson the hard way.
[/sorry about the experience, venturing into solar requires a well grounded research so as to get the best out of it, with that amount spent (#142,000) you can get a good solar system which consist of a pure sine wave inverter,one good 100 ahms battery and 200watts array of panels that can convienetly power your basic load, it all boils down to dealing with the right dealer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ST SOLAR Inverter Company SCAMMED Me With A Substandard Product by Folu78(f): 11:30am On Dec 21, 2020
@vetrovialMan, I will do just that.

However, have a 75amps battery which I am trying to salvage back to full capacity of 14.2 volts. Please, can someone advice what I can do with this to provide alternative electricity to power a total load of 65 - 70 watts without having to spend so much.

(1) (Reply)

Direct Tokunbo Volkswagen Golf3 For The / Happiness / Traditional Doctor Tries To Separate Man And Woman Stuck During Sex (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.