Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Rivers United May Miss Celtic Clash After Visa Delay - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivers United May Miss Celtic Clash After Visa Delay (18406 Views)

CAF Confedrations Cup: Enyimba Stranded In Casablanca, May Miss Al Ittihad Clash / Cameroon Players In Tears During England Clash After VAR Controversy / Chelsea To Put Stadium Plans On Hold After Abramovich UK Visa Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers United May Miss Celtic Clash After Visa Delay by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2020
Princedapace:

Why are Nigerians like this? Why why why? So because you have a useless league in Nigeria, u will now blame caf? Bro, go to Egypt, South Africa, Tunisia, morrocco, DRC, etc and see how they follow caf champions league wella. Do u knk why? These countries have formidable local league. It is when ur local league is good for ur people that they will want to follow up the continental football to know how their own clubs are doing.

Go and see how Egyptians celebrated when Ahly won caf champions league. Just Google it or find it on YouTube. Or watch the last year's final.

Or go to kickoff.com to see how South Africans follow it too. Look, Nigeria is a dead country that has nothing and blame everyone else for their problem.

Nigeria is kinda the only country that carries European league for head while abandoning their own local league.

At least in other countries, while they follow European leagues, they also don't forget their own local league. Ably fans will forget top European club clashes to go and watch their club play.

Nigerians have abandoned their local league. In fact I read an article few days ago where vanguard newspaper gave a picture of the Nigerian league and how useless it is.

When ur local fans are not passionate about their own local league, none of u will even know what the clubs are doing in club competitions. Don't blame caf, okay. Blame us. Nigeria has failed in all things. All things. That is why I laugh when some of u insult South Africa.

Lol, at least they have many things working for them but we have none. Their football league is rich and quite okay. I go to kickoff website and see how South Africans passionately discuss about their local clubs, argue and fight over their local clubs. Here in Nigeria, all updates are for European clubs. If u post about Nigerian league match, people will not comment. If they do, very few comment.

Nigerians will never solve their own problems but always blame others. Go and fix ur local league and u will then undersnd caf better. Uefa is strong becus it is played by countries with top leagues. A continental football body is only as strong as the member states. U don't know much about caf becus ur local league is dead.

Egyptians and mad about caf because their local league is great for them and they follow it wella.

Nigerians abandoned the league because it is trash, you can’t force me to eat my poo because it came from my arse....Blame the league organizers and not the people. Their matches can bore me to death, useless commentators, poor pitches, dumb over-muscular players who have no business playing football.

Fix those and maybe we might tune in to watch.
Re: Rivers United May Miss Celtic Clash After Visa Delay by Princedapace(m): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2020
SonOfAfonja:

Nigerians abandoned the league because it is trash, you can’t force me to eat my poo because it came from my arse....Blame the league organizers and not the people. Their matches can bore me to death, useless commentators, poor pitches, dumb over-muscular players who have no business playing football.

Fix those and maybe we might tune in to watch.

Nigeriaans don't fix problems. We run away from our problems. Maybe when we begin to demand for better league, we can get better league. The organizers know that no one really cares about the league, so why should they care? Just the way we couldn't fix our electricity issue, we opted for generator and solar.

The same way we couldn't fix education, we opted to school abroad, the same way we couldn't fix road, we opted to fly.

The same way we couldn't fix our economy, we opted to travel abroad to hustle.

I actually made that comment becus someone was blaming caf when we should blame our selves for having a useless league. In other countries with good leagues. Caf champions is like uefa to theme they are passionate about their local clubs and love to see them win cups.
Re: Rivers United May Miss Celtic Clash After Visa Delay by eflintsone(m): 11:37am On Dec 19, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

LMAO...they think some of the players will abscond, when they see the beauty of Bloemfontein, South Africa.

Beauty of what ??
Lagos ,ph,kano or abuja no get more beautiful places abi??
Its just a typical xenophobic attitude
Re: Rivers United May Miss Celtic Clash After Visa Delay by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2020
Princedapace:

Nigeriaans don't fix problems. We run away from our problems. Maybe when we begin to demand for better league, we can get better league. The organizers know that no one really cares about the league, so why should they care? Just the way we couldn't fix our electricity issue, we opted for generator and solar.

The same way we couldn't fix education, we opted to school abroad, the same way we couldn't fix road, we opted to fly.

The same way we couldn't fix our economy, we opted to travel abroad to hustle.

I actually made that comment becus someone was blaming caf when we should blame our selves for having a useless league. In other countries with good leagues. Caf champions is like uefa to theme they are passionate about their local clubs and love to see them win cups.

Well, you’re right...We don’t fix our problems, we find alternatives, which explains our love for European football...Nobody should complain we don’t watch our local leagues as we’re not interested in them.

1 Like

Re: Rivers United May Miss Celtic Clash After Visa Delay by mentored: 1:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
Re: Rivers United May Miss Celtic Clash After Visa Delay by Princedapace(m): 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
SonOfAfonja:

Well, you’re right...We don’t fix our problems, we find alternatives, which explains our love for European football...Nobody should complain we don’t watch our local leagues as we’re not interested in them.

Yea.. Like I said, the only reason I made that comment was due to the ignorant comment by someone. I dont know the person. The person was blaming caf for lack of Nigeria's interest in caf champions league. I educated the person that countries in Africa with good local leagues have their people extremely passionate about the competition. If we had a good league, we would have paid attention. So, we shouldnt blame caf.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Josephine Orji, Nigerian Paralympic Gold Medalist / Morocco Banned From 2017, 2019 AFCON, Fined $1million / Rivers United Forward Ishaq Rafiu Joins Slovenian Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.