Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Inverters,is There A Good One - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Inverters,is There A Good One (1645 Views)

4g Ram/320g Laptop@30k!!!U CAN GIVE UR BUDGET AND U GET A GOOD ONE!!! / Unreliable Cyberpower Inverters / We Fabricate Inverters And Other Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inverters,is There A Good One by maymurph(m): 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2007
hello,
Who knows about inverters.I m looking to get a good lasting one as a substitute to my generator to power my computer and some other things.I heard someone say they dont last long for such purposes.Is that true.
Re: Inverters,is There A Good One by wham(m): 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2007
The durability of the inverter depends on the Make. Infact as I'm typing now we are running on a 5KVA Inverter we bought about four years ago. It was not in use for 2 of the years because the batteries had spoilt. But we got new batteries in March this year and its working again like new.

It was built in Kaduna by a Team of Engineers 08059376052, 08023345464. These days you find them being imported from Asian countries too (Check Wed Guardian).

I'll advise you buy Deep Cycle batteries (also known as sealed batteries) for your Inverter (almost twice more expensive as compared to Acid-Water Batteries). They are stress free, and would last longer.

When my Inverter has a good 4 hour charge it can last for about 16 hours when NEPA strikes. Of course this figures depend on your load capacity.

Get 200 or 150 Amp-Hours Hankuk batteries for your Inverter. Dont over load it. Switch off unnecessary appliances when its running to increase the batteries life-span.

Cheers!
Re: Inverters,is There A Good One by maymurph(m): 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2007
Thanks man smiley
Re: Inverters,is There A Good One by Afam(m): 9:56am On Jul 02, 2007
Just Alternative Power build inverters and offer 1 year full warranty where repairs or outright replacements are effected if necessary.

As regards batteries if you have N30,000.00 to spend on a 12v 92Ah deep cycle battery then you can be sure to have a design life of 14 years.

We just installed 30 nos of these batteries last Saturday and this is the best deep cycle in the market today.

In the real sense the cost of your inverter is immaterial as you can get a good inverter at a cheap rate just as you can get a bad one after paying so much money.

What matters is the warranty and after sales support should the need arise.

www.justalternativepower.com
Re: Inverters,is There A Good One by maymurph(m): 3:29am On Jul 03, 2007
Afam:

Just Alternative Power build inverters and offer 1 year full warranty where repairs or outright replacements are effected if necessary.

As regards batteries if you have N30,000.00 to spend on a 12v 92Ah deep cycle battery then you can be sure to have a design life of 14 years.

We just installed 30 nos of these batteries last Saturday and this is the best deep cycle in the market today.

In the real sense the cost of your inverter is immaterial as you can get a good inverter at a cheap rate just as you can get a bad one after paying so much money.

What matters is the warranty and after sales support should the need arise.

www.justalternativepower.com
This looks really good
Re: Inverters,is There A Good One by saleskara: 2:21pm On May 26, 2013
Inverters work well when PHCN fails you. Though you would require to charge you battery with electricity supply or a generator or solar panels http://www.kara.com.ng/generators/ when they run down. for more on inverters and pricing that we have to offer http://www.kara.com.ng/inverter-system/

(1) (Reply)

Dstv Dish And Decoder (bundle) At A Fair Price / Chief Architect Home Designer Pro 9 / 5 No Brand New Sidekicks Phone. 35k Only call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.